Author Topic: Home alone  (Read 4104 times)

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
Re: Home alone
« Reply #25 on: 10 February, 2009, 09:09:45 am »
Come give my book back and have a beer :thumbsup:
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #26 on: 10 February, 2009, 05:39:15 pm »
Well I'm trying hard to fill the day with things to do ...

Got home early from work, because someone had forgotten (read couldn't be a@#$%) to get the paperwork done in time. So I decided that since Peli is away I would have some MAN food cooked in a manly way :) I went to the Polish shop and got myself a half a meter of sausage, a smoked mackerel which I haven't had for years and Swedish salad(sliced pickled cucumber). 

So my lunch was :
Starter, cold smoked mackerel on a bed of toasted toat with hellman's full fat mayonnaise.
Main course, baked beans in a spicy sauce, with shallow fried Polish sausage, with 2 shallow fried eggs, served on top of a freshly toasted toast and garnished with some grated mild cheddar. And as side dish (since there was not enough room on the plate) some Swedish Salad.
All that was washed down with a pint of Irn-bru, a pretty good year I must say :)

While I was enjoying said feast I watched an episode of Family Guy and 24, followed but some gentle surfing. Then I chatted to a mate and helped him out with some HTML problem. I even had time to fill the washing machine, which needs to be hanged shortly and even had a shower.

I now got an half an hour to fill in some feedback forms before tonight entertainment start at Simpsons'o'clock aka 1800, followed by an episode of Heroes. Right now I got Soma.fm playing : Illinois Street Lounge: Classic bachelor pad, playful exotica and vintage music of tomorrow, some very funky tunes playing there, simply the best background music you can have while surfing.

Dinner will be, the left overs from our carrot and coriander soup, see it does stretch that far when you cook it with elastic band :)

And tonight's aperitif will be to find out which whisky goes with either of these cheese's Danish blue, Brie, Boursin (with garlic and herbs).

But this just filling time and even though it is very enjoyable it is not as good as when Peli is home, because I need a hug :(
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
« Reply #27 on: 10 February, 2009, 06:48:46 pm »
Well I'm trying hard to fill the day with things to do ...

Got home early from work, because someone had forgotten (read couldn't be a@#$%) to get the paperwork done in time. So I decided that since Peli is away I would have some MAN food cooked in a manly way :) I went to the Polish shop and got myself a half a meter of sausage, a smoked mackerel which I haven't had for years and Swedish salad(sliced pickled cucumber). 

So my lunch was :
Starter, cold smoked mackerel on a bed of toasted toat with hellman's full fat mayonnaise.
Main course, baked beans in a spicy sauce, with shallow fried Polish sausage, with 2 shallow fried eggs, served on top of a freshly toasted toast and garnished with some grated mild cheddar. And as side dish (since there was not enough room on the plate) some Swedish Salad.
All that was washed down with a pint of Irn-bru, a pretty good year I must say :)

While I was enjoying said feast I watched an episode of Family Guy and 24, followed but some gentle surfing. Then I chatted to a mate and helped him out with some HTML problem. I even had time to fill the washing machine, which needs to be hanged shortly and even had a shower.

I now got an half an hour to fill in some feedback forms before tonight entertainment start at Simpsons'o'clock aka 1800, followed by an episode of Heroes. Right now I got Soma.fm playing : Illinois Street Lounge: Classic bachelor pad, playful exotica and vintage music of tomorrow, some very funky tunes playing there, simply the best background music you can have while surfing.

Dinner will be, the left overs from our carrot and coriander soup, see it does stretch that far when you cook it with elastic band :)

And tonight's aperitif will be to find out which whisky goes with either of these cheese's Danish blue, Brie, Boursin (with garlic and herbs).

But this just filling time and even though it is very enjoyable it is not as good as when Peli is home, because I need a hug :(

[all together now]

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

[/all together now]

Seriously - man up and come for a beer, I'll even remember to get cash out this time!
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

GillP

« Reply #28 on: 10 February, 2009, 06:52:04 pm »
{{{{{{{{{Woolly}}}}}}}}}}

A virtual hug for you. I know I'm not Peli but I do very good hugs  :)

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #29 on: 10 February, 2009, 07:26:55 pm »
Tar GillP :)

Jacomus-rides-Gen : thanks but I just got hold of the directors cut of Kingdom of Heaven, though I do not own a sword and don't drink red wine, I gotta watch it tonight :)

And tomorrow I'm going out for a drink if I'm not asked for an other rain cheque.

« Reply #30 on: 10 February, 2009, 10:22:50 pm »
I am knackered. My new boss did **** all to muck in today. It's clear where she sees her role: at the TOP looking DOWN.

I also need a hug.  :'(

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #31 on: 10 February, 2009, 10:26:39 pm »
May I oblige until someone more suitable comes along?
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #32 on: 10 February, 2009, 10:45:00 pm »
I just got a virtual squeeeeeze from woolly, but you may also join in.  ;D

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #33 on: 11 February, 2009, 12:26:38 am »
Tar GillP :)

Jacomus-rides-Gen : thanks but I just got hold of the directors cut of Kingdom of Heaven, though I do not own a sword and don't drink red wine, I gotta watch it tonight :)

And tomorrow I'm going out for a drink if I'm not asked for an other rain cheque.

OK, I've been waiting - you should have by now watched the movie and drunk too much whisky.  Anything exciting to relate? (NB Bacofoil makes excellent armour if you are five).  I await your reports sir.

I really, really can't get Ms Weasel to watch that film with me.  I've been hoping that you've gone crazy-ape-bonkers just so I can tell her it's not just me.  Save me!

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #34 on: 11 February, 2009, 02:31:40 am »
well I just finished watching the directors cut of Kingdom of Heaven and all I can say is that the local off-license didn't get a funny surprise :)

It must be the red wine because whisky didn't have any effect or maybe I did not consume enough.

I'm sorry you are alone :(