Author Topic: Ive got a plastic paper clip......  (Read 5063 times)

Re: Ive got a plastic paper clip......
« Reply #25 on: 22 January, 2010, 09:56:30 am »
If it makes any difference, the plastic paper clip is red.......

Don't question. It makes people angry.

« Reply #26 on: 22 January, 2010, 11:19:02 am »
To quote a friend, "What's the point in life if you're not being silly?"

I think you need to take this advice to heart. Seriously.  :)

Its ok, i wasnt being serious with my comment. Or my main post. Although i would like a Blackberry ;) :thumbsup:

I think I have one in the freezer still from last year's crop that I didn't turn to homebrew wine.

Alternatively, if you can wait until summer I'll pick you a fresh one.

Deal?

Deborah

« Reply #27 on: 22 January, 2010, 12:29:27 pm »
However, will now consider the plastic cup Mr Larrington has to offer depending on colour.  I'm in the market for a red plastic cup. :-)

Sorry, it's white :(  Though I may have a red one at home.

Oh what a shame.  I has to be red.

Deborah

« Reply #28 on: 22 January, 2010, 12:34:05 pm »
Seeing as we appear to be starting the YACF multicoloured swapshop here, I’d like to open negotiations on a small lump of unidentified goop that I’ve just found in the space inside the rear of my office pedestal.  I think it fell out of the back of one of the drawers at some point last year.

It’s about the size of a substantial marble and could be made of one or more of the following substances; blue-tack, chewing gum, pritt-stick or possibly even Power Bar.  Whatever original colour it once was has now amalgamated with the residue, dust and general detritus in which it was discovered.  It smells faintly of Vimto and embrocation, with top notes of Earl Grey.

I’d like to exchange for an HPV, rickshaw or quadricycle.  Cash either way, WHY?

Collection only please – my office’s preferred courier company has strict biohazard policies in place. 

I have a rickshaw on my desk.  It is approximately 3 inches high.  Are interested in a swap?  I could also offer 4 small colouring pencils, as described in a previous post, to sweeten the deal.

« Reply #29 on: 22 January, 2010, 02:05:12 pm »
However, will now consider the plastic cup Mr Larrington has to offer depending on colour.  I'm in the market for a red plastic cup. :-)

There's a red plastic mug in my bathroom, with toothbrushes standing in it. Probably permanently marked by the toothpaste & scale which accumulates until it's washed out. Would that do?
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #30 on: 22 January, 2010, 02:17:18 pm »
Anyone want to swap me something for it? Its one of those ones you get from a cracker.
If it makes the deal anymore tempting, ill also throw in some staples
Xx
1gear are you looking for a new house ? If so the swapping of a paper clip have been done before.

BBC NEWS | Technology | Man turns paper clip into house
one red paperclip
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #31 on: 22 January, 2010, 02:24:22 pm »
Anyone want to swap me something for it? Its one of those ones you get from a cracker.
If it makes the deal anymore tempting, ill also throw in some staples
Xx
1gear are you looking for a new house ? If so the swapping of a paper clip have been done before.

BBC NEWS | Technology | Man turns paper clip into house
one red paperclip

Yes i know it has. But i dont want a house. I want a new phone!!
My phone is being stupid, i want rid of it.
So, if anyone does have a Blackberry and i can trade stuff to equal the cost of the Blackberry, ill be well happy and not out of money!
Ive also got a Nokia 6300 thats well loved but still works, needs charging up every night though, and some other stuff for bikes. Got a few safety razors i could trade aswell.
Im dreading going into o2 tomorrow to say about my phone.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #32 on: 22 January, 2010, 02:27:32 pm »
I got a three year old blackberry you can have

The middle one on the bottom line, I can't remember the speck's but if it will do you it is yours.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #33 on: 22 January, 2010, 02:28:44 pm »
I've got a brand new combine harvester, but I won't give you the key.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Deborah

« Reply #34 on: 22 January, 2010, 02:30:15 pm »

There's a red plastic mug in my bathroom, with toothbrushes standing in it. Probably permanently marked by the toothpaste & scale which accumulates until it's washed out. Would that do?

I definitely wanted a red one, but not one with limescale or toothpaste.

Any more offers.  The pencils are in a nice little plastic case.

« Reply #35 on: 22 January, 2010, 03:16:36 pm »
I got a three year old blackberry you can have

The middle one on the bottom line, I can't remember the speck's but if it will do you it is yours.

Thanks for the offer, i was looking for a slightly newer one though.
Ive been given the offer of a 6 week old Blackberry curve 8900. The person who has it doesnt like it so was going to pawn it to buy himself out the contract. Ive not got the money or the stuff to trade for it thought i dont think.

« Reply #36 on: 23 January, 2010, 12:41:51 pm »
take the blackberry on offer. It is a damn sight further along the path to getting what you want than a paper clip.
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #37 on: 25 January, 2010, 03:22:46 pm »
Seeing as we appear to be starting the YACF multicoloured swapshop here, I’d like to open negotiations on a small lump of unidentified goop that I’ve just found in the space inside the rear of my office pedestal.  I think it fell out of the back of one of the drawers at some point last year.

It’s about the size of a substantial marble and could be made of one or more of the following substances; blue-tack, chewing gum, pritt-stick or possibly even Power Bar.  Whatever original colour it once was has now amalgamated with the residue, dust and general detritus in which it was discovered.  It smells faintly of Vimto and embrocation, with top notes of Earl Grey.

I’d like to exchange for an HPV, rickshaw or quadricycle.  Cash either way, WHY?

Collection only please – my office’s preferred courier company has strict biohazard policies in place. 

I have a rickshaw on my desk.  It is approximately 3 inches high.  Are interested in a swap?  I could also offer 4 small colouring pencils, as described in a previous post, to sweeten the deal.

Does it come with pedals and saddle?
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

redshift

• High Priestess of wires
    • redshift home
« Reply #38 on: 25 January, 2010, 07:04:07 pm »
And i thought this would be serious enough of a place that i could work my way up from a paper clip to something i wanted >:( :'( :facepalm:

Thing is, see, when it comes to holding things together, it's all about the bulldog clip these days. Or velcro. Superglue! Forgot that, that's useful, that is.

Crappy cracker clips just can't cut it.

Now have a lie down, think about where you went wrong, and try again later.

:D

Damn it! I need to trade it for a metal one first!
Or, 'borrow' a metal one, or a bulldog clip :demon:

Now, now.  I'm sure the venerable and interested members of the board can tell you all about the dangers of leveraging your transactions.*

*Risk Warning
You run the risk of losing your trousers when swapping paperclips. Prices may change quickly, pants may go down as well as up and you may not get back the full amount invested. You should not invest using paperclips you cannot afford to lose.  Swappers should seek appropriate professional advice from their tailor or bulldog clip adviser if any points are unclear.  YACF gives general advice only, and the investments mentioned may not necessarily be suitable for anybody at all, ever.
L
:)
Windcheetah No. 176
The all-round entertainer gets quite arsey,
They won't translate his lame shit into Farsi
Somehow to let it go would be more classy…

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #39 on: 25 January, 2010, 07:43:05 pm »
I might have a spare dictionary somewhere, 1gear.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #40 on: 25 January, 2010, 09:16:14 pm »
Killer SuDoku book, with all the answers filled in.  Will swap for 700 x 32 tube, long-stem presta valve.  (My LBS couldn't be bothered to stock that size.)

Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #41 on: 25 January, 2010, 09:23:13 pm »
I like the quote from the linked House from a Paperclip article...

The project has demonstrated the power of the internet and won an army of fans, including Heather and Dan who left a comment on Kyle's website saying: "Hey, what a neat planet. We're thinking of staying to see what happens next."
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!