Author Topic: In London  (Read 2015 times)

ABlipInContinuity

In London
« on: 09 July, 2008, 03:29:53 pm »
I'm staying in Paddington just north of Hyde Park for the next couple of nights.

If anyone would like to meet for a drink or a cycle or both PM Maffie your mobile number and I'll give you a call?

:thumbsup:

Re: In London
« Reply #1 on: 09 July, 2008, 03:32:02 pm »
The thing to do is to put calling cards in telephone boxes.

blackpuddinonnabike

« Reply #2 on: 09 July, 2008, 03:35:28 pm »
I'm staying in Paddington just north of Hyde Park for the next couple of nights.

If anyone would like to meet for a drink or a cycle or both PM Maffie your mobile number and I'll give you a call?

Dan, I arrive tomorrow, and, erm, I'm staying just north-west of Hyde Park! Friday I'm going to be riding round the city and meeting a few people, wotcha up to? And are you around on Friday evening for Woolly's Friday Night Ride?

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #3 on: 09 July, 2008, 03:40:49 pm »
Go to Sothall and have a curry at ritas.

ABlipInContinuity

« Reply #4 on: 09 July, 2008, 03:44:14 pm »

Dan, I arrive tomorrow, and, erm, I'm staying just north-west of Hyde Park! Friday I'm going to be riding round the city and meeting a few people, wotcha up to? And are you around on Friday evening for Woolly's Friday Night Ride?

Would be good to meet up!

I'm on a training course which is taking place the other side of Regent's Park. I finish about 4:30 pm on Friday, need to be on my train about 7pm. Could meet up for a bit maybe then?

What time does Woolly's Friday Night Ride start?

blackpuddinonnabike

« Reply #5 on: 09 July, 2008, 03:47:22 pm »
Right, ideal!

I'm meeting a Kiwi friend for a drink in the afternoon. Woolly's thing starts at 6.30 for 7.00 so there's a potential gap of an hour or two. Which station are you getting the train back from?

I'm running out of time in the day!  ;D Supposed to be trying to fit in Jack Thurston from Resonance FM as well, but not sure I'll make it to where he is (helping out at some festival near a cafe his girlfriend runs). Old colleagues, friends made on holidays, forum members. Who'd a thunk there were so many people in London?!?

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #6 on: 09 July, 2008, 04:48:20 pm »
Anyone up for meeting tomorrow night? :D
Getting there...

blackpuddinonnabike

« Reply #7 on: 09 July, 2008, 04:51:18 pm »
Anyone up for meeting tomorrow night? :D

Now I would say yes, but....

I'm likely in a wee bit late here tonight, I've not packed yet, and the train leaves at 5.50am tomorrow. If I'm still awake come about 8pm I'll be amazed.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #8 on: 09 July, 2008, 04:53:35 pm »
Early evening would be fine ;)
Getting there...

blackpuddinonnabike

« Reply #9 on: 09 July, 2008, 04:57:22 pm »
Early evening would be fine ;)

When I'll be at the cricket...  :P

but you're coming on the FNR aren't you?

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #10 on: 09 July, 2008, 05:03:57 pm »
Nah - I'm off to collect Superstoker who's with me for the weekend :D
Getting there...

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #11 on: 09 July, 2008, 08:36:31 pm »
I up for this on Friday and then I can guide blackpuddinonnabike to the start for FNR.

Shall we meet somewhere near Paddington, what about this pub Sussex Arms, Paddington, London, W2 1HL -  pub details # beerintheevening.com could be quite busy on a Friday afternoon.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

ABlipInContinuity

« Reply #12 on: 10 July, 2008, 08:44:21 am »
I up for this on Friday and then I can guide blackpuddinonnabike to the start for FNR.

Shall we meet somewhere near Paddington, what about this pub Sussex Arms, Paddington, London, W2 1HL -  pub details # beerintheevening.com could be quite busy on a Friday afternoon.

I've managed t'internet access so I can keep an eye on this thread. The Sussex Arms is right close to where I am staying so I should be able to find it easily!

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #13 on: 10 July, 2008, 08:52:44 am »
Cool shall we say 1700 meet that give us an hour before we have to head north to the start of FNR.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #14 on: 10 July, 2008, 09:44:59 am »
FNR should be great fun.. I enjoyed the one I was on.

*envious*

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #15 on: 12 July, 2008, 01:52:22 pm »
It was good to see ABlipInContinuity and blackpuddingonabike for a quick drink before headed of to FNR and showed ABlipInContinuity the way to the train station.

ABlipInContinuity

« Reply #16 on: 24 July, 2008, 11:35:51 am »
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!  ;)

Nice to see .ant's fixie in the flesh!