Author Topic: Happy Birthday Aunt Phyllis  (Read 583 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Happy Birthday Aunt Phyllis
« on: 08 February, 2016, 10:44:22 am »
97 today.

She just phoned and I sang to her. Sadly, her cake will have to wait until next week by which time I hope to have recovered from this bloody 'flu.

"I was just thinking," she said, "did you know that I worked for the county council for 10 days for which they didn't pay me?"

"Really?" I replied.

"Really. I was there 42 years and 10 of those were leap years. That's 10 29ths of February - 2 working weeks - without pay."

"I suppose it is. Mind you, I think you've got your own back on them for drawing your pension for the past 37 years."

"I jolly well have, haven't I?"

She wouldn't hear of me doing any shopping for her. I normally shop on a Tuesday, so she's OK for most things. Last week, though, she decided she had enough milk and asked that I buy her a pint later in the week. Then I got flu, as did Dez and Mrs. Wow, and we certainly don't want to give it to her. She's been drinking her tea and coffee black since it ran out.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Re: Happy Birthday Aunt Phyllis
« Reply #1 on: 08 February, 2016, 10:56:42 am »
Wishing your Aunt Phyllis many more Many Happy Returns Wow.

I was party to a discussion only last Friday about the number of centenarians alive in UK and was surprised to find that there are about 13,000 of them now.   The numbers have been rising steadily over the years.   I wonder how long this trend will continue?

Just like Phyllis I hope to draw my Barclays pension when it begins to pay out in 2023 for at least 40 years.   I reckon that they owe me that! 

« Reply #2 on: 08 February, 2016, 04:38:39 pm »
Happy birthday, Phyllis! It was lovely to talk to you on the phone today. You're an extraordinarily lovely lady!  :thumbsup:

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #3 on: 08 February, 2016, 08:12:09 pm »
Thanks for doing that, Vicky! She really appreciated it.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.