Author Topic: Vicky Pendleton...oh my  (Read 94255 times)

Re: Vicky Pendleton...oh my
« Reply #25 on: 22 April, 2008, 02:16:55 pm »
God, she does love herself, don't she.  :sick:

But V, she may have an solution to your cycling fitness issue..... but can woolly take it!!  ;)
I'm sure Woolly would very much enjoy being Ms Pendleton ("Goddess on a Bike")'s f*** buddy.
I got everything I need in you my dear, and I'm pretty sure that she might be better than you on a bike atm but in the bed that is another story, nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more .....  :)

Naughty Woolly.  :P

alan

« Reply #26 on: 22 April, 2008, 05:42:07 pm »
Although she is the current  bee's knees she comes in behind  the following cycling-women :

Marj
GillP
The London Ladies & Annie & Nutkins

that makes her about 9th on a list of flavourite cycle buddies

;)

« Reply #27 on: 22 April, 2008, 05:49:58 pm »

But V, she may have an solution to your cycling fitness issue..... but can woolly take it!!  ;)
I'm sure Woolly would very much enjoy being Ms Pendleton ("Goddess on a Bike")'s f*** buddy.
I got everything I need in you my dear, and I'm pretty sure that she might be better than you on a bike atm but in the bed that is another story, nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more .....  :)

Naughty Woolly.  :P

This is too much for me...

Frenchie - Train à Grande Vitesse

« Reply #28 on: 22 April, 2008, 06:43:02 pm »
Although I am in awe of Vicki P for her achievements I find her to be far from the most pretty or sexy female British cyclist.

For pretty I offer Lizzy Armitstead (left if you aren't familiar with GB kit):

And for sheer 'Oh God do it to me!' sexy, Shanaze Read:

Working my way up to inferior.

« Reply #29 on: 22 April, 2008, 09:59:24 pm »

Look at the contrast between Victoria Pendleton and the usual role model girls are bombarded with. She projects an image of a young woman with a supremely fit but natural body. She doesn't have a silicone boob job nor does she starve herself. She has powerful muscles that are clearly fit for purpose yet she remains feminine, and men clearly find her attractive. That's what I think she means when she talks about having a good body image. She's a preferable role model to Kate Moss.
The old Legion hand told the recruit, "When things are bad, bleu, try not to make them worse, because it is very likely that they are bad enough already." -- Robert Ruark

Maladict

« Reply #30 on: 22 April, 2008, 10:50:38 pm »
Nothing wrong with her comments.  What a mountain out of a molehill.

« Reply #31 on: 23 April, 2008, 12:05:08 am »
Nothing wrong with her comments.  What a mountain out of a molehill.

Of course there is nothing wrong with her comments (about equating 'sexy' with riding a bike). The problem, as I see it, is the narrowness of mind of the media in focussing  only on what 'the media' consider sexually newsworthy. Had VP looked like Felicia Ballanger (do your own research - safe to say she was no glamour girl) she (VP) would not have attracted a column inch in the UK. VP has a very long way to go before she equals the palmares of Ballanger, yet to read the papers,even some of the cyclng press, one would assume that VP is the only successful female British cyclist. By rights, Nicole Cooke, by far the most successful modern female cyclist, should attract the most attention, (again research) but she does not. Why not? Because she is not conventionally 'pretty' (though she melts my heart). Despite one 'glam' shoot she prefers to be judged by results alone, by her peers.
If VP wants to capitalise on her 15 minutes of fame good luck to her, it certainly doesn't harm the perception of cycling in the media, just lets not forget the other female cyclists who achieved greatness without playing the 'glam' card.
Anyone remember Beryl Burton? (Who, to me, was gorgeous). With her achievments (look 'em up, but give yourself a while) she would..... well decide for yourself.
We live in the 'short attention span' - 'sound/video byte' age. I chatted with, (about fruit of all things) indeed bought tea and buns, for Beryl Burton in a cafe in Yorkshire. I wonder, in years to come, how many will be able to say the same of VP?

gonzo

« Reply #32 on: 23 April, 2008, 11:16:09 am »
We live in the 'short attention span' - 'sound/video byte' age. I chatted with, (about fruit of all things) indeed bought tea and buns, for Beryl Burton in a cafe in Yorkshire. I wonder, in years to come, how many will be able to say the same of VP?
Bear in mind that the preception of cycling is changing. Has any other cycling event been given prime time coverage on the BBC other than the worlds? I suspect that this has helped enourmously with her publicity.

For pretty I offer Lizzy Armitstead (left if you aren't familiar with GB kit):

I'm glad to see that someone else thinks that!

LEE

« Reply #33 on: 23 April, 2008, 11:21:37 am »
Can someone cut and paste the section where she is coming across as arrogant?

I've read the article and can't find it.

« Reply #34 on: 23 April, 2008, 11:23:20 am »

+1
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #35 on: 23 April, 2008, 11:48:30 am »
IME, the sex/sporting prowess thing in males is just a myth

Maybe she should do a 'George Best' and find a male competitor who feels the same and do it in the changing rooms between heats?

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #36 on: 23 April, 2008, 12:48:11 pm »
IME, the sex/sporting prowess thing in males is just a myth

Maybe she should do a 'George Best' and find a male competitor who feels the same and do it in the changing rooms between heats?

Or if it isn't a myth, find a male competitor from the other side...

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

annie

« Reply #37 on: 23 April, 2008, 12:54:52 pm »
Although she is the current  bee's knees she comes in behind  the following cycling-women :

Marj
GillP
The London Ladies & Annie & Nutkins

that makes her about 9th on a list of flavourite cycle buddies

;)

Alan, you are an absolute treasure and you deserve many of these  :-* :-* :-*

I have been feeling a little out of sorts this week and have been dashing here there and everywhere.  I needed that boost, thank you.

I shall remember this when I am feeling a bit below par or doubting my abilities or my looks.

JT

• Howay the lads!
    • CTC Peterborough
« Reply #38 on: 23 April, 2008, 01:32:09 pm »
By rights, Nicole Cooke, by far the most successful modern female cyclist, should attract the most attention, (again research) but she does not. Why not? Because she is not conventionally 'pretty' (though she melts my heart).

It's not just about looks though. From what I've seen and heard of Nicole Cooke, she isn't as articulate as VP and doesn't have very much personality. Or rather, she doesn't have the kind of personality that makes you instantly warm to her regardless of her racing achievements. 

Despite one 'glam' shoot she prefers to be judged by results alone, by her peers.

The only reason that VP started getting media attention was because of her results.

Their choice of cycling discipline also has a bearing on the amount of media attention they receive. VP wins gold medals in competitions like the World Cup, World Championships and Olympics - easily understood events to the non-cycling public. NC wins fairly obscure road races [mostly] abroad. The mainstream media don't even report mens road races (apart from the TDF) so she hasn't got a hope in hell.

a great mind thinks alike

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #39 on: 23 April, 2008, 01:47:28 pm »
So a genuine British Sporting Goddess tells a journalist that she's seeing a bloke who she doesn't want to settle down with?

So she knows she looks good in the buff and she's confident about her amazing body?

So it's quite possibly more about the sex than the dinner date?

So bloody good on her. 

If that's what it takes to win gold, then she should go for it.  I'm only disappointed that she didn't say she's actually got two fellas on the go.  Or a fella and a young lady. 

Or both  :)

Or a well-known public official from a small town in France :P
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

microphonie

• Tyke 2
« Reply #40 on: 23 April, 2008, 07:33:26 pm »

Nor me

Listen to her Inside Sport interview with Matthew Pinsent for a better impression of what she's like.

Bingo! That's what I am, a saviour.
A sort of cocky version of Jesus.

« Reply #41 on: 23 April, 2008, 07:37:27 pm »
Quote from: JT
From what I've seen and heard of Nicole Cooke, she isn't as articulate as VP and doesn't have very much personality.
You obviously haven't met her.  I have (ner ner  ;D) She has an evident intellect, though you are right that it doesn't transfer to TV.

Quote from: JT
NC wins fairly obscure road races

Commonwealth Games? Matters only to UK press I know, but isn't that what we are talking about?

Anyway, I'm in love,

So there!  ;D

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #42 on: 26 April, 2008, 02:10:31 am »
Good for her.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Gandalf

• Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty
« Reply #43 on: 26 April, 2008, 06:33:06 am »

Nor me

Listen to her Inside Sport interview with Matthew Pinsent for a better impression of what she's like.

What a refreshing antidote to the monosyllabic gruntings of obscenely overpaid football players.

microphonie

• Tyke 2
« Reply #45 on: 30 April, 2008, 10:24:16 am »
It's not about the bike #2

'I just ride it, I'm not really into equipment. I'm more concerned with what colour my hair is.'

;D
Bingo! That's what I am, a saviour.
A sort of cocky version of Jesus.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #46 on: 30 April, 2008, 10:26:08 am »
'I'm more concerned with what colour my hair is.'

So are most of her fans  :D
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

gonzo

« Reply #47 on: 30 April, 2008, 10:59:40 am »
;D Great read!

At the moment, I'm driving a Japanese diesel estate that was given to me by my dad. It's an ex-company car. But I don't have to take the wheels off my bike to put it in the back.'

I've always assumed that non-cyclists would never understand this!

onb

• Between jobs at present
« Reply #48 on: 29 May, 2008, 03:26:26 pm »
More photos of the delectable Miss Pendleton in this weeks comic. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #49 on: 29 May, 2008, 03:29:22 pm »
*heads out to the newsagents in a totally innocent manner*
Getting there...