Author Topic: The health and fitness thread about random things  (Read 463287 times)

Re: The health and fitness thread about random things
« Reply #2950 on: 10 October, 2019, 07:16:13 pm »
Thanks chrisbainbridge and barakta I will show the doctors this post and see what happens. You never know I may end up bionic and go faster in ever dicreasing circles  ;D.
Get well soon Kim.
the slower you go the more you see

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #2951 on: 10 October, 2019, 09:01:14 pm »
*giggles*

Be clear what's important to you. My lot seemed to want to know if I cared more about pain or range of movement - I of course want less pain and current range of movement which may not be possible but to me it's not either/or... If pain is a big nono then that is your thing you should stress.

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #2952 on: 11 October, 2019, 03:08:17 pm »
Wunnerfull!
Wednesday afternoon first ride on a New Bike. Coming back home I had a freaky door unlocking accident and Borked my right knee. Now I’m in hospital waiting for x-rays.
Bike’s okay though.
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #2953 on: 11 October, 2019, 04:07:54 pm »
Oh dear!

Hope knee hets fixed soon!

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #2954 on: 11 October, 2019, 09:02:58 pm »
Examination and X-rays done. Orthopaedics will be checking the "Something not quite right" on said X-rays.
In the meantime, rest and gentle exercise, non load bearing and No Cycling!
Bah!
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #2955 on: 14 October, 2019, 05:30:32 pm »
Vauxhall Combo vans (2010 Vintage).  Way too low down to the ground, and a nightmare to get in and out of.  So I'm now all sore on the abdomen :-(

Hopefully I'll get my Peugeot Expert (2015 vintage) back at work tomorrow!  :thumbsup:

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #2956 on: 18 October, 2019, 01:22:26 pm »
To regularize my wayward tripes, my GP has visited upon me a drink that has the taste, smell & texture of lemon-flavoured fish glue. "And prithee, dottore mio, will I then be able to do 150k rides without having to dive through a hole in the hedge?"  "Probably not." Gee thanks, doc.

Oh well, it's raining anyway.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #2957 on: 18 October, 2019, 07:58:16 pm »
Taking painkillers because of painful tooth and the dentist can't see me till Monday  :'(

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #2958 on: 18 October, 2019, 08:02:33 pm »
OUCHY!
Get thee to A&E or some sort of emergency dentist if you get a fever or a swollen face.
GWS!

« Reply #2959 on: 19 October, 2019, 07:27:59 am »
Will do, I want to get it sorted ASAP  :)

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #2960 on: 19 October, 2019, 10:01:32 am »
Shit way to spend a weekend.  Hope someone can help.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2961 on: 21 October, 2019, 01:48:02 pm »
My body hates me, and is getting its revenge for yesterday's lung abuse through the medium of dizziness and lung grot, as well as the traditional tiredness and post-race 'aches and pains'[1].

[1] Read in an Norn Iron accent, it was a common complaint of my grandmother.

« Reply #2962 on: 21 October, 2019, 07:30:10 pm »
Feel better soon Kim  :)
I have had the patnful tooth pulled out this morning and and now I am co codimol as the area is very sore now  ::-) :'(

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #2963 on: 21 October, 2019, 07:44:35 pm »
out for a walk this evening, wearing trainers for comfort.  Broke into a "lampost" jog on three occaisions, with less discomfort from the ankle on each go.

I'll go easy on it this week and next I think, but I can see short runs of a mile or so being feasible during my upcoming Brisbane trip the week after.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #2964 on: 21 October, 2019, 07:55:27 pm »
Brisbane has a small but enthusiastic audax scene, including recumbent and Moulton riders. You may be able to borrow a bike during your time there, if you wish.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #2965 on: 21 October, 2019, 09:16:24 pm »
Probably wont have time, I arrive Sunday morning, depart the following Saturday with two days in the middle up at Gladstone LNG
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #2966 on: 21 October, 2019, 09:32:55 pm »
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2967 on: 21 October, 2019, 10:41:30 pm »
Feel better soon Kim  :)

Lungs seem to be operating normally again, after 24 hours without further exposure to cigarette smoke.

And I got an apologetic response from Co-Wheels, who are going to give the car a thorough decontamination (and presumably the offending user a thorough bollocking).

I have had the patnful tooth pulled out this morning and and now I am co codimol as the area is very sore now  ::-) :'(

Better out than in, I suppose.  At least it's not going to get any worse.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #2968 on: 22 October, 2019, 12:59:51 pm »
My body hates me, and is getting its revenge for yesterday's lung abuse through the medium of dizziness and lung grot, as well as the traditional tiredness and post-race 'aches and pains'[1].

[1] Read in an Norn Iron accent, it was a common complaint of my grandmother.

Hope you feel better.

Started a new medicine to reduce my bg levels and just tested at waking and it is 8.1 mmol so dropping from 12 3 days ago.

« Reply #2969 on: 23 October, 2019, 11:49:06 am »
Dentistry  :sick:
The temporary crown that was hurting-a-lot was taken off last Thursday*, and the dentist decided that there wasn't enough tooth to attempt a root canal thing.
So rather than put the permanent crown we agreed on a 'surgical extraction' - which by the feel of things was a cross between fracking my gum & heavy duty carpentry.
Which led to a spectacularly horrid infection - I don't think I've felt so ill & incapable in a very long time. Even Mrs M has been sympathetic. I decided it was an infection on Sunday*, and started myself on Amoxicillin (don't ask  :hand: ). The dentist confirmed my diagnosis and treatment plan on Monday*.
My cocktail of painkillers seems to be holding things at bay - except for the regular 5am wake-up call when my face decides to complain violently. (I even tried Tramadol last night which didn't help with the pain, but I didn't care as much).
This morning's swill with salty water dislodged something disgusting smelling - and I think I might be feeling a little bit more perky.
Keep taking the tablets.
(*I'm losing track of days & times. What century is this? Have they cancelled Brexit yet?)
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #2970 on: 23 October, 2019, 11:57:23 am »
Just listening to the podcast of Inside Health from the BBC from 2 October and it seems our very own Chris Bainbridge is on it!
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #2971 on: 24 October, 2019, 09:08:16 am »
3rd day of lurgy here. Tuesday was a bit run down, yesterday was no voice and mostly dozing. Today it’s enough snot to make my head hurt. :(

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #2972 on: 24 October, 2019, 02:45:20 pm »
Weird twinging pain in my index and middle fingers when I curl them inwards as if to grip, started last night, not gone away. Typing isn't very pleasant, but I don't have an alternative (speech recognition software b0rks my deaf speech). 4 reports to write this week.

« Reply #2973 on: 24 October, 2019, 06:45:38 pm »
Get well soon barakta
I have been suffering from excessive stomach acid for nearly a year now and it has been slowly getting worse. I have a appointment for a camera stomach exam on the 12nov. Which I am quite worried about. I am taking 2 omeprazole day and I am still getting acid  :'(.
Life is getting depressing  :'(

« Reply #2974 on: 24 October, 2019, 07:46:57 pm »
Cycleman, as a long time lurker I'm breaking cover to try and put your mind at rest regarding your endoscopy. I had one on Monday and I was scared silly for days beforehand. The gag reflex is strong in this one you see.
I grant you this was in Denmark, but I can't imagine the procedure is any different in the UK. I made the nurse aware I was nervous, I might have overegged it a bit, but I really was.
I had a spray at the back of the throat and then I was given an injection and knew absolutely nothing about the whole procedure from then until I was wheeled off to a recovery area and fed a drink and a sandwich.
So don't worry, you'll have a slight sore throat for a day or so though, though no worse than when you have a cold.