Author Topic: Rain levels  (Read 1212 times)

Rain levels
« on: 14 April, 2014, 01:22:38 pm »
How dry has it actually been since the Atlantic storms stopped?  Our pond level is dropping, such that I'm beginning to wonder if the butyl lining has a hole/split in it.  We in oxon have had a bit of rain but not much.
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Re: Rain levels
« Reply #1 on: 14 April, 2014, 04:59:28 pm »
According to nw3 weather, there has been 20.9mm rain in the last 31 days.
http://nw3weather.co.uk/wx12.php

Londoncentric answer but Oxford is probably little different.

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #2 on: 14 April, 2014, 06:13:08 pm »
Patches of my lawn moss are bare and cracked. Apparently dust was seen on the Ridgeway last week as well...

The March average rainfall for Benson (probably your nearest observation station) was 40.4mm so, even allowing for the fact that it's a different area and a different observation period, I'd say drier than average.

« Reply #3 on: 15 April, 2014, 12:09:01 am »
Plenty of groundwater, though, & reservoirs are full & river levels pretty high.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #4 on: 22 April, 2014, 05:40:00 pm »
The roads in the bit of Berkshire just south of Oranj/me were still flooded this weekend - before the thunderstorms arrived, that is!
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles