Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1641792 times)

Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #17500 on: Yesterday at 08:44:15 am »
When travelling as a kid I was send into campsites and restaurants to use the loo, mainly in France. To check on the wc situation because my mum refused to use a hole in the ground. And I'm nearly 54 ;)
I'm nearly the same age, and we had a similar thing - though my mother did go and check on the toilets herself.
The worst one of those I've used (and to be fair I have not used many) was where the ladies was out of order. Squatting over a hole that has been used by a lot of standing men is not to be recommended.

« Reply #17501 on: Yesterday at 08:45:21 am »
Oh, and now I forgot to post my own grumble, grumble.

Dearest mother, which part of "I'm sorry, I will not do that again," are you having difficulty understanding?

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #17502 on: Yesterday at 08:54:49 am »
"Best" toilet experience I've had, was both on Paris around 2001.

One had western style door on them, so if you looked under the door to see if someone was busy squatting, you saw their business end quite clearly and upfront. Not to forget the flies. Cheap beer though.

Second one for some reason had the sink and the urinal next to eachother, I mean touching right next to eachother at the same hight. In the narrow end of bathroom. So if you stood to wee, you needed to aim to the right and not slightly to the left, as that would be the sink. It was that narrow if you were a rugby player or a bodybuilder you would need an extension to be able hit the traket. Standing at an angle could give you a few more inches, but if you had a bit of a belly this would not gain any advantage.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #17503 on: Yesterday at 09:36:42 am »
The first time I went to France with Pingu in 1993 it feels like shower tray bogs were very common. As a naiive teen I used to send Pingu ahead to check on the bogs anywhere we visited to avoid me toilet angst.

These days I find them a lot less common/more civilised, but invariably when you come across one and can't wait someone's left a turd in it.  :-X

The worst toilets I've ever seen, Hassi Messaoud Airport, I'd be surprised if you've not been there. Picture Mad Max and you're not far off.  For the toilets, take a deep breath, close your eyes if possible, I wouldn't even think about sitting down

For me, it was Addis Ababa airport in 1991.   We got stuck there for 24 hours, in the old terminal building, due to technical issues with the plane for our onward flight to Kinshasa. 

It was about 35° and there was a power cut.  No aircon and toilets so ripe they could be smelt from 100m away...  my travelling companion braved going in as he was desperate - and promptly threw up!

A friend of mine working at the British embassy managed to persuade the Ethiopian border guards to let us stay with her for the night.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #17504 on: Yesterday at 05:17:31 pm »
Old Windmill, Coventry: your ploughman's was really rather good, except that your artisan bread was insufficient in quantity and if by 'artisan', you mean Chorleywood crap, then fine. Your Timothy Taylor Dark Landlord went a long way to making amends, though...
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #17505 on: Yesterday at 06:17:01 pm »
Dear Octopus, in what way is an email with black text on a purple*(?) background any where near approaching a good idea?

*Me, colourblind and generally shit at colour descriptions, so ICBW
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #17506 on: Yesterday at 06:20:22 pm »
Accessfail!  Unleash inner Barakta!
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #17507 on: Yesterday at 06:24:56 pm »
Black on purple is suboptimal for those with good colour vision...