Author Topic: MGM Timber lorry driver behaves like a complete moron  (Read 9367 times)

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
Re: MGM Timber lorry driver behaves like a complete moron
« Reply #50 on: 14 June, 2010, 07:09:12 pm »

You may wish to consider an optional staple-gun holder ...
Well, yes, but if people won't open their windows so I can pass them a Highway Code, I doubt they'll open them so I can staple it to their head.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Si_Co

« Reply #51 on: 14 June, 2010, 07:17:37 pm »

Well, yes, but if people won't open their windows so I can pass them a Highway Code, I doubt they'll open them so I can staple it to their head.

If you get an industrial staple gun and disable the safety the window won't matter much, just add to the facial scarring  ;D

Vernon

• zzzZZZzzz
« Reply #52 on: 14 June, 2010, 07:20:25 pm »

If you get an industrial staple gun and disable the safety the window won't matter much, just add to the facial scarring  ;D

Or use a nail gun and just attach the highway code to the car bodywork

« Reply #53 on: 14 June, 2010, 07:59:34 pm »
Awesome!  *Applause* for Kirst and for MGM Timbers!!

Indeed - hurray!

gordon taylor

« Reply #54 on: 14 June, 2010, 08:32:30 pm »

And I've just got in from being out with friends - pizza and SATC2. I don't know which was worse. I told them about yesterday's incident and one of them took that as her cue to start banging on about "militant cyclists cycling 2 abreast which makes it so difficult to overtake them because you have to go onto the other side of the road and there might be something coming and they filter through queues and they think they own the roads..." I've never been so close to tipping someone's dinner over their head and walking out. And the film was awful.

That's why I have many fewer friends now than I had ten years ago.  :-\

« Reply #55 on: 15 June, 2010, 09:18:28 am »
Wendy, I think your Lewisham driver has switched vehicles and is driving EA05 KXT today.  Same vehicle type. 

It amounted to little more than a bit of pointless aggressive engine revving on my back wheel as I came up through Honor Oak this morning, with a dash of tooting his hooter at me before doing a stupidly fast overtake once I gave him the space he so desperately needed. 

I'd not have bothered mentioning it if it hadn't been for the fact that the idea of a Lewisham Home Repairs van driver misbehaving rang a bell, and if the behaviour hadn't been so completely inappropriate.  There simply wasn't room for a van to overtake, as the road is lined with parked cars on both sides and there was plenty of oncoming traffic and traffic islands.  I have no doubt that he would have done the same if I'd been driving a milk float or a hearse...

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
Re: MGM Timber lorry driver behaves like a complete moron - response p4
« Reply #56 on: 15 June, 2010, 06:52:46 pm »
They phoned me back again. The agency driver is not from Edinburgh so he agreed to come in all the way from Berwick upon Tweed to a meeting to discuss the issue. The agency wouldn't give the full content of the meeting to MGM Timber, but what MGM Timber have said to me is that the driver felt there was space for me to move over to let him past, but he accepts that that's my right to decide that and if I felt maintaining a safe course on uneven cobbles was going to be impossible further to the left, then that's up to me and he shouldn't have reacted as he did. And he has taken a copy of the Highway Code away to read up on the points I had pointed out.  ;D

I think that's really positive. I was convinced the driver would just deny it or try to say it was all my fault and it would be my word against his, so this is a much better outcome than I would have hoped for. So you can all buy your timber from them again now.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #57 on: 15 June, 2010, 07:32:56 pm »
Well said Adam, I totally agree with you.

Ham says drivers won't change their behaviour.  Oh yes they will, for example in a company car.  One grass-up and reprimand might do a little, several in a row and then losing your job will do a whole lot more.  Next job I doubt most offenders will use the phone again.

Quite right.

It's really important to make a complaint when appropriate, and to follow it up, but it's really hard work.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of Númenor
« Reply #58 on: 15 June, 2010, 09:44:00 pm »
Good stuff Kirst.

bloody well done old Gal  ;D

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
« Reply #59 on: 15 June, 2010, 09:54:52 pm »
I don't actually need any timber at the moment but I'm sorely tempted.  ;D Very well done Kirst, a good result.