Author Topic: I could have commuted in today but...  (Read 100997 times)

clarion

• Tyke
Re: I could have commuted in today but...
« Reply #225 on: 15 July, 2011, 10:25:29 am »
...I'm on leave!

I did have to get to school on time, though.  It was TGL's Review.
Getting there...

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #226 on: 15 July, 2011, 11:53:45 am »
I'm absolutely shattered.

As I've got FNRttC this evening and a full day tomorrow I've decided to be lazy today in an effort to conserve some energy.  To balance things out, I did use a BorisBike this morning.

;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #227 on: 18 July, 2011, 10:27:46 am »
my arse is still sore from Dunwich  :(

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #228 on: 18 July, 2011, 10:56:57 am »
Mine too.  I rode the Genesis Orange Bling to the LBS for its first service.  Bus home.  Shortly to unfold the brommie for a trip to somewhere dahn saaf, where I have to work 8pm to 8am.  Why I bothered to reset my body-clock to "normal" after Dunwich is the mystery.
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #229 on: 18 July, 2011, 12:26:10 pm »
Mine too.  I rode the Genesis Orange Bling to the LBS for its first service.  Bus home.  Shortly to unfold the brommie for a trip to somewhere dahn saaf, where I have to work 8pm to 8am.  Why I bothered to reset my body-clock to "normal" after Dunwich is the mystery.

Yes, am still jet-lagged.

God that ride from Smithfield Market to London Bridge, although it was a brief journey the three of us were trying to keep our bums out of the seats  :-[

Ray 6701

• SO @ T
    • Tamworth cycling club
« Reply #230 on: 18 July, 2011, 12:45:11 pm »
I ache all over from the West & Midland 400k audax + I got took out by a pesky Badger running into my front wheel during the ride leaving me with an achy elbow, hips & ankle  :( 
SR 2010/11/12/13/14/15
RRTY. PBP. LeJoG 1400. LEL.

« Reply #231 on: 21 July, 2011, 08:54:07 pm »
I don't feel the need for lycra on the commute, but a suit and and the sitting in graduation feeling sweaty after seemed like a bit much. A ride round town in robes would have been fun though.

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #232 on: 21 July, 2011, 09:45:58 pm »
I didn't commute in today because I realised I hadn't rested sufficiently after Dunwich - haven't had a day off the bike since.  My body's been trying to tell me it really needs a little break, so it's about time I listened.

And then disruptions on the tube really made me regret not riding in.
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

gerwinium

• Occasional smug folding bastard
« Reply #233 on: 22 July, 2011, 07:10:08 am »
Having The Snot (bah!).

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #234 on: 22 July, 2011, 09:07:19 am »
Want to have a day of leg rest before the weekend so in theory could do a long ride
As it happens I also feel terrible at the moment with hayfever so the long ride might not happen

Andrij

• Андрій
« Reply #235 on: 22 July, 2011, 09:41:08 am »
... I took the day off. :)

OK, I should be sunning myself in Brighton right now, having cycled overnight to Newhaven then over to Brighton.  OTOH, getting to bed early and waking up late (both relative terms ::-) ) has done me a world of good.  I might even feel calm enough to get back on the bike for an early morning ride tomorrow.

« Reply #236 on: 22 July, 2011, 10:08:31 am »
I hope to have a couple of microphones and a stand to take home and that would be awkward on the bike. Mind I paid for 'next day' delivery on Wednesday so I drove in yesterday as well!

S
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

welshwheels

• stop eating cheeseburgers big boy!!!!
« Reply #237 on: 26 July, 2011, 09:16:28 pm »
for tomorrow : I need to drop my audax bike off after work in swansea as I think the bottom bracket is knackered  :(
struggling up hills since 1981 !!!

Andrij

• Андрій
« Reply #238 on: 27 July, 2011, 12:02:13 pm »
In spite of getting back on the bike yesterday and actually enjoying the commute, I took the tube today.  I woke up in plenty of time, intended to cycle, but was just too tired. :(

I'll try again tomorrow.

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #239 on: 30 August, 2011, 02:20:36 pm »
...left Achillies is still a bit achey from PBP

« Reply #240 on: 20 September, 2011, 12:34:08 pm »
I had to get the c*r to the garage for MOT, booked in along with the information "The water bottle needs replacing". Said garage phones me to tell me first "The lease company are not approving the replacement" Fine, not my car, goes back in a few weeks and that's the end of company cars for me. Then "The water bottle needs replacement for the MOT, so the lease company have approved it to be done. Still fine. Then "We don't have one - will take till tomorrow to replace" Grrrrrrr. Stuck on the tube again tomorrow. May ride anyway.

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #241 on: 23 September, 2011, 12:27:46 pm »
I have a leaving do this evening so opted for public transport. Two things that really peed me off this morning:

1) Bloke next to me on the train kept sniffing and quite frankly he stank. When he alighted at London Bridge it was a frigging relief.

2) I oystered in at Charing Cross and tapped in at Embankment to find that my card had flashed red. It turns out that at Charing Cross it had deducted me £6.50. For a single trip from Hither Green to Charing Cross. 'Sorry love, can't refund you as its national rail, you have to contact this number'. Grrrrrr  >:(

These two points demonstrate why I cycle. When you go by public transport you are cattle and a slave to their systems.

Commute resumes tomorrow.. :)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #242 on: 23 September, 2011, 12:33:39 pm »
Could have commuted in but residual bleerrrggghhh  means I am off work (again) :(
Getting there...

« Reply #243 on: 11 October, 2011, 06:26:30 am »
.... l was woken at 3 a.m. with the wind howling outside so rather than endure cycling 20 kms into that headwind l put my alarm clock back by 30 minutes and went back to sleep !

Andrij

• Андрій
« Reply #244 on: 11 October, 2011, 10:18:41 am »
... I'm a lazy git who is tired of fighting headwinds only to arrive at the office.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #245 on: 11 October, 2011, 10:27:15 am »
Quitter! ;D

Just think of the tailwind you could have had tonight wafting you speedily home.
Getting there...

Andrij

• Андрій
« Reply #246 on: 11 October, 2011, 10:51:27 am »
Quitter! ;D

Just think of the tailwind you could have had tonight wafting you speedily home.

Bah!  The evening tailwind always pales in comparison to the morning headwind. 

I do plan on cycling tomorrow — I'll be bringing the new bike to the Blackfriars protest.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #247 on: 11 October, 2011, 10:52:07 am »
Ooh!  All the more reason to be there :thumbsup:
Getting there...

« Reply #248 on: 11 October, 2011, 10:57:06 am »
Ditto, especially as I am recovering from the dreaded manflu. TfL laid on special disruption on the Central for me.

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #249 on: 21 November, 2011, 11:12:11 am »
It is the Staff Awards tonight so have to wear a nice dress. Came in by train and tube today. Bad atmosphere at station as they cancelled some of the destination stops on its way to London Bridge and reduced the number of carriages from 8 to 5, so lots of people alighted cussing very loudly. Just as the doors were closing I realised that I had not tapped my oyster in  :facepalm: This resulted in a £20 fine at Cannon Street.

I cannot wait to get back onto the bike tomorrow - effing bloody public transport  >:(