Author Topic: Paris-Roubaix  (Read 1425 times)

Paris-Roubaix
« on: 12 April, 2010, 12:43:16 pm »
Wow, what a ride by Cancellara!! Boonen caughth napping and then short, for the second time in 8 days.

We watched the race with the club at our local pub, late pm, and it made for a great evening.
Frenchie - Train à Grande Vitesse

Fixedwheelnut

• "If it ain't fixed it's broken"
    • My photos
Re: Paris-Roubaix
« Reply #1 on: 12 April, 2010, 11:09:27 pm »
 Fantastic, Cancelara is really on form at the moment, I would like to have seen Boonen win again though.
"Don't stop pedalling"

« Reply #2 on: 13 April, 2010, 12:00:42 am »
Boonen caught napping - yes, But I think he was psychologically beaten before he started after being left the way he was on the Kappelmurr last week.

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #3 on: 13 April, 2010, 12:35:18 am »
I'm probably in a minority of one here, but... I thought it was a really boring victory. Yes, Cancellara is strong, but that group of 8 handed it to him on a plate. Hammond and Flecha had a stab but they were half-hearted attempts. The usual Paris-Roubaix factors (crashes, mechanicals, mud, cobbles, track sprints) didn't seem to come in to play - it might as well have been a transition stage in the Tour.

But to be fair to Cancellara - he was the strongest rider by far, so well done.

Rig of Jarkness

• An Englishman abroad
« Reply #4 on: 13 April, 2010, 08:43:44 am »
Yes, it has to said that his winning moves in the E3 and in the Tour of Flanders were much more spectacular.  Perhaps somebody should impress upon Mr Riis that we want entertainment not just results  :)
Aero but not dynamic

« Reply #5 on: 13 April, 2010, 09:19:52 am »
It entertained me :P

« Reply #6 on: 13 April, 2010, 12:41:40 pm »
I'm probably in a minority of one here, but... I thought it was a really boring victory.

I wouldn't disagree; it was all over in seconds; but these were impressive as was the moment Cancellara caught the group of 3 to let them bite the dust. Such power!
Frenchie - Train à Grande Vitesse

« Reply #7 on: 13 April, 2010, 01:04:58 pm »
From what we saw there was only one person riding to win on Sunday.