Author Topic: Child Bike Seat recommendations ?  (Read 10193 times)

Re: Child Bike Seat recommendations ?
« Reply #25 on: 22 March, 2011, 03:01:45 pm »
The Weeride is great but I can't fit it to my Tempo as it has an oversized head-tube and it's time to get back on the fixed for commuting.

Does it usually come with a couple of different rubber/plastic shims for the headtube? The one shim I have is perfect for my Aravis with a normal sized head-tube (where I've been using it).

I might nip down to somewhere that stocks them (there's a place down in Herne Hill that's not too far from me.)

Obviously I'm hoping they do have a thinner shim for fatter headtubes and someone who isn't using theirs can pass it on to me. ;)

Finally got around to going down to Discount Bicycles to check, they had a Weeride in stock (but not an extra bar on its own) but the new mount fits. This means I can use the old mounting bar on the hackbike to take baby GB along the Thames Path. New bar ordered, should have it in a week or so which will mean I can go back to cycle commuting five days a week.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #26 on: 06 April, 2011, 02:07:52 pm »
New bar ordered, should have it in a week or so which will mean I can go back to cycle commuting five days a week.

They ordered one for me (and several more for stock) but didn't call me. When I called to check today they'd sold all of them. They've apologised and ordered some more (next day delivery) and I should be able to go pick it up tomorrow.

« Reply #27 on: 04 May, 2011, 12:21:13 pm »
Finally. Baby GB had her first trip to nursery by bike today. She seemed to enjoy it. The bike handled quite well too, even with 12kg+ extra on the top tube.

No more trains for me.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #28 on: 04 May, 2011, 12:22:04 pm »
Yay!
Getting there...

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #29 on: 04 May, 2011, 05:00:13 pm »
...on which note

My son has grown too heavy big to be ferried around so I now have a lightly-used Co-Pilot rear-mounted child seat and bespoke rack (cost about £100 new) available if anyone would care to turn up in SE London with a couple of £20 notes. 
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

« Reply #30 on: 09 May, 2011, 03:40:08 pm »
Fabulous !!
Rust never sleeps