Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 593165 times)

CrinklyUncle

• #TCRNo6cap23
Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #2175 on: 05 September, 2012, 10:51:23 pm »
Today I unexpectedly spotted CU out on his bike at lunchtime.

Today I randomly spotted CU out on his bike at lunchtime!  He posted on here at 12:20 and 13:12, so it can't have been a very long trip if it was him I saw.

And I saw CU ride past the Indian restaurant, just as I stood up to put my coat on, on Monday evening about 9.30-10ish...  He clocked me, and I waved.

I saw Arch on Monday and CL on Tuesday, but I didn't see Mr Bunbury today. I was on my bike at lunchtime, recently I've been going to Browns Of Heslington to get a sandwich for lunch (from Hospital Fields Road).

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #2176 on: 05 September, 2012, 10:56:49 pm »
I saw Kathy an Tim and Wascally Weasel out riding.

Sorry, it was almost exactly a week ago and I forgot to post it up here. I was busy at the time, holding an apple.  ;D
It is simpler than it looks.

CrinklyAuntie

• aka Auntie Cake and The Sheriff of Christmas
« Reply #2177 on: 05 September, 2012, 11:02:41 pm »
... and I spotted the Lion herself this afternoon.  I think the family might not be a family at all but a spy ring masquerading as a family in order to keep a watch on me.

[cross posted]

Funny you should say that...I spotted Mr Bunbury at the traffic lights on Bish Rd on Monday, but I was in the car, does that still count?   :)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2178 on: 06 September, 2012, 09:58:02 am »

Sorry, it was almost exactly a week ago and I forgot to post it up here. I was busy at the time, holding an apple.  ;D

So... where did you spot them, btw? ;D
Getting there...

« Reply #2179 on: 06 September, 2012, 09:33:55 pm »
A rider in an Audax Cymru jersey seen by Mrs tonyh in Bradford on Avon yesterday...  wondering who it was.

(Haven't yet seen such a jersey outside of Audax events; took my own for quite a few laps of Richmond Park last month, and failed to spot any yacf jerseys at all. Lots of Sky, and some London Dynamo.)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2180 on: 07 September, 2012, 04:55:32 pm »
I think I might have seen bobb on Banstead Road:

Getting there...

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #2181 on: 07 September, 2012, 04:57:28 pm »
I saw Dez the other day.

Unusually, we were both riding bikes independently of each other and I didn't actually know he was out.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #2182 on: 07 September, 2012, 04:59:42 pm »

So... where did you spot them, btw? ;D

Stratford Park  ;)

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #2183 on: 08 September, 2012, 02:59:42 pm »
Tiermat, Mrs. Tiermat and TLD. In the kitchen. At the House of Fine Coffee.  :o

Delivered: Lots of French hooch and goodies.

Collected: Campag bits (predictably)

About: A couple of hours ago. Have a good BBQ, guys.  :thumbsup:
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #2184 on: 08 September, 2012, 05:12:27 pm »
Today I spotted Fungus,Kim & Marmitegeoff.
I also saw several other audaxers who may or may not be yacfers & some familiar faces whose names I don't know who may or may not be yacfers

« Reply #2185 on: 08 September, 2012, 07:31:15 pm »
Bikey Mikey at the end of the Reading 200K. We were sitting around after finishing the 150, having a drink & nibble before cycling home, when he turned up.

A few other members on the ride, but all people I see so often it would be tedious to mention them every time.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #2186 on: 09 September, 2012, 09:20:59 am »
Liamfitz - as I was riding the anfractuous route check with him, it was hard not to spot him.

But we were unexptanctly joined by mattc for some breakfast at benson. Which was nice.
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

« Reply #2187 on: 09 September, 2012, 08:20:56 pm »
Marco Stefano in a YACF top, as I was on my way from home to Ely station to go to the Tour of Britain at Norwich.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #2188 on: 09 September, 2012, 09:21:11 pm »
Three cyclists, two wearing YACF tops, one of whom we THINK was CrinklyUncle, on the A167 south of Northallerton, around 1230 on Saturday.
I was a passenger in a Northbound car.   :-[
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

CrinklyUncle

• #TCRNo6cap23
« Reply #2189 on: 09 September, 2012, 09:45:36 pm »
Three cyclists, two wearing YACF tops, one of whom we THINK was CrinklyUncle, on the A167 south of Northallerton, around 1230 on Saturday.
I was a passenger in a Northbound car.   :-[

I was on the A167 south of Northallerton, around 12:30 on Saturday, with CrinklyAuntie and phantasmagoriana, we where riding Lucia's Vale of York Meander from Richmond, but only I had a YACF top on (Red ss) I didn't see anyone else with one on.

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #2190 on: 10 September, 2012, 02:30:49 pm »
My mistake.  The surprise of seeing a YACF top in the wild made my brane photoshop another one!
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2191 on: 10 September, 2012, 02:53:33 pm »
Ah yes, jogler at the control on Saturday (Fungus and Marmitegeoff don't really count, as they were doing the ride), and Robgul, looking fairly pleased with himself while organising the Macride yesterday.

Paul

• L'enfer, c'est les autos.
« Reply #2192 on: 13 September, 2012, 12:08:39 pm »
I'm so excited - this is my first post here!

Tonight I was joined by velocitizen! We spent a very pleasant (ie: we only got beeped once for cycling 2 abreast) couple of miles riding into Long Eaton.

It definitely was the most pleasant part of the ride because about 14 seconds after we parted the skies delivered some very old testament thunder, lightning and rain.

Very nice to have you along on my commute, VC. Hopefully see you soon.

Blimey - when I spotted VC again on Tuesday, I had no idea that it was more than 2 years since the last one!

Nice to see you again, VC.
What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

Marco Stefano

• Apply some pressure, you lose some pressure...
« Reply #2193 on: 13 September, 2012, 12:46:54 pm »
Marco Stefano in a YACF top, as I was on my way from home to Ely station to go to the Tour of Britain at Norwich.

And from the other angle...

Wobbly John looking dapper as usual, as I was on my way from home to a Tour of Britain King of the Mountains* summit in Swanton Morley. Outside the pub, helpfully.

*It was pan flat.

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #2194 on: 13 September, 2012, 01:35:00 pm »
an 'am

« Reply #2195 on: 13 September, 2012, 01:48:51 pm »
wivver missus'am anna jaded

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #2196 on: 16 September, 2012, 10:06:17 am »
Yesterday I spotted Basil,Kim,Wowbagger & Andrewc.
Really easy spotting 'cause I shared a ride with them :thumbsup:

« Reply #2197 on: 16 September, 2012, 01:24:43 pm »
This morning, Windy, in his natural territory showing me round one of his training loops. 40 miles of scenic roads with minimal traffic.

Thank you for a great ride, I think you are spoilt by the riding available. But I also see where your name comes from. It makes some roads a slog.

jellied

• skip to the end
    • Ealing Bike Hub
« Reply #2198 on: 16 September, 2012, 01:47:53 pm »
Swarm catcher for the 3rd time in 3 weeks. This time getting rid of some fearsome play on the back wheel of her rather swish single speed.
A shitter and a giggler.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #2199 on: 16 September, 2012, 06:21:02 pm »
That fine fellow, JT (and Mrs. JT) living it up in the VIP pen at the start of the final stage of the Tour of Britain. I guess later on they swept past us plebs in their VIP-mobile en route to the finish. Sadly Ted the Widdling Dog was not with them.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)