Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 593269 times)

Zoidburg

Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #375 on: 13 October, 2009, 05:09:43 pm »
That one could have been my mate John.

« Reply #376 on: 14 October, 2009, 12:34:09 pm »
Mercury Kev - carefully slaloming through the Towerbank children along the prom this morning.

I assume you weren't stopped by the representatiives of mr plod that were stopping some and advising that cycling is not allowed?  Seemed a bit more daft than usual, given that the official policy is 'live and let live' and in any case the Council is planning on removing the cycling ban!  I think Towerbank has one of the biggest proportion of 'cycle to school' kids in Embra - and thats partly because we have a prom to cycle along!

MercuryKev

• Maxin' n Audaxin'
« Reply #377 on: 14 October, 2009, 02:26:53 pm »
Mercury Kev - carefully slaloming through the Towerbank children along the prom this morning.

I assume you weren't stopped by the representatiives of mr plod that were stopping some and advising that cycling is not allowed?  Seemed a bit more daft than usual, given that the official policy is 'live and let live' and in any case the Council is planning on removing the cycling ban!  I think Towerbank has one of the biggest proportion of 'cycle to school' kids in Embra - and thats partly because we have a prom to cycle along!

Caught red handed!  When i'm riding the Brompton I like to think that it's more of a cute toy than a bike, so surely the same cycling rules don't apply.  The plod turned out just to be traffic wardens and ,although they did should something at me, I just kept riding.  There is no way I could have broken parking regulations, the speed I was going :-)

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #378 on: 02 November, 2009, 03:18:31 pm »
I think I've just spotted a Kim.
Heading south on Raddlebarn Rd.  2:50 monday. 
Cycling in the same direction as I was walking so no time to be sure.  Looked like a high end Discovery with front pannier racks?

Hi Kim.  (If it was you)
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
« Reply #379 on: 02 November, 2009, 03:39:52 pm »
Almost forgot, Gordy, at the World Cup in Manchester.

Zoidburg

« Reply #380 on: 02 November, 2009, 05:09:22 pm »
Bloody hell

Gordy has stepped his game up somewhat since the last time I saw him!

alan

« Reply #381 on: 02 November, 2009, 05:17:23 pm »
Bloody hell

Gordy has stepped his game up somewhat since the last time I saw him!

;D  ;D

« Reply #382 on: 03 November, 2009, 09:00:40 am »
That Clarion again, swooping round the damp inner edge of the elephant at about 8.30 this morning...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #383 on: 03 November, 2009, 09:26:11 am »
Ah, it was you! :D

I heard you call, but I didn't get a decent geg at you, cause I was a bit worried about a congested & wet E&C RAB.

Sorry if I was a bit cheeky pulling out in front of you - it was really difficult getting a gap :-\
Getting there...

« Reply #384 on: 03 November, 2009, 09:41:15 am »
No worries - I always expect some cheeky blighters to pull out there and it's OK by me so long a they know what they're doing.  I could tell you knew what you were doing because of your YACF jersey.

It's the ones that can't decide which lane to ride in that worry me, as it prevents me from taking a line that's clear to any driver coming up behind me.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #385 on: 03 November, 2009, 09:45:44 am »
That's why I went right into the edge of the island (normally I ride nearer the line to keep the cars from drifting across) so you could pass. 

I'm glad I waited in the queue between Walworth Road and E&C roundabouts rather than filter through, and I'm glad I wore the club jersey today too, cause it meant you spotted me.  I was still smiling about that when I got to work. :thumbsup:
Getting there...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #386 on: 03 November, 2009, 03:54:04 pm »
I think I've just spotted a Kim.
Heading south on Raddlebarn Rd.  2:50 monday. 
Cycling in the same direction as I was walking so no time to be sure.  Looked like a high end Discovery with front pannier racks?

Hi Kim.  (If it was you)

Yeah, that'll be me.  It's a Discovery 501, and now sports both front racks - I did the camping weekend with one lightly-loaded front pannier and a D-lock almost but not quite entirely failing to balance it, as the rack fouled the QR lever (now sorted with a security allen key skewer).

Aren't cyclists great?  Anyone else would mention the hair...   :)

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #387 on: 12 November, 2009, 10:28:28 am »
I've bumped into both Little Miss Mac and Zipperhead recently on the Embankment heading eastbound on the way to work. Anyone else regularly ride the bit between Chelsea & Lambeth Bridges?

« Reply #388 on: 12 November, 2009, 11:02:48 am »
I've bumped into both Little Miss Mac and Zipperhead recently on the Embankment heading eastbound on the way to work. Anyone else regularly ride the bit between Chelsea & Lambeth Bridges?

Me. I do Putney Bridge, New King's Road, Edith Grove, Cheyne Walk, Chelsea Embankment, Grosvenor Road, Millbank, Lambeth Bridge, Fulham Palace Road, York Road, Upper Ground.

I see Zipperhead every so often. Never seen LMM on that stretch though. Probably because I usually do that stretch some time between 9am and 9.30am as I'm a lazy git.

Red Condor Tempo with tri-bars.

That wasn't you this morning in the orange jacket on Millbank was it?
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #389 on: 12 November, 2009, 11:11:11 am »
Never seen LMM on that stretch though. Probably because I usually do that stretch some time between 9am and 9.30am as I'm a lazy git.

You need to get out of bed half an hour earlier to catch me  :D

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #390 on: 12 November, 2009, 11:16:13 am »
I think I might take a spin along there once in a while.  It'll add on a short bit to my commute, and provide some variety.

I used to go along Embankment to work, when I was near Parliament Square, but I got fed up with the motons at Lambeth Bridge RAB & the Square itself, so I used the back roads - John Islip St etc, which were quieter & flowed better.

But if I'm heading back south of the river, then Embankment is fine with me. :)
Getting there...

« Reply #391 on: 12 November, 2009, 11:22:42 am »
... Anyone else regularly ride the bit between Chelsea & Lambeth Bridges?

I regularly cross Embankment at Chelsea Bridge, but I continue northwards on Chelsea Bridge Road.

I think I've seen one other yacfer in about the last five years, the chap who works at Google, but I forgot who that is (and that was actually about a mile further south on Cedars Road, but clearly headed towards Chelsea Bridge).
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #392 on: 16 November, 2009, 08:14:41 pm »
I saw Xav today (who some may remember from LEL) however he registered here and didn't post never logged in so he has been culled. Stopped and had a quick chat with him but had to run off as I had a meeting.

Saw Zipperhead again today, but that's becoming far too regular an occurrence to post about. If I see him it's just a reminder than I should be getting out of bed earlier.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #393 on: 16 November, 2009, 08:51:03 pm »
I saw Xav today (who some may remember from LEL) however he registered here and didn't post so he has been culled.
People are only culled if they have never logged in (two months from registration) since we assume they have forgotten all about registering.  No-one is culled for not posting.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #394 on: 16 November, 2009, 09:13:06 pm »
Fair enough (it wasn't a complaint). Will amend the post.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #395 on: 16 November, 2009, 09:20:37 pm »
I just didn't want to be compared to other forum administrators  ;)
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #396 on: 16 November, 2009, 11:16:12 pm »

Me. I do Putney Bridge, New King's Road, Edith Grove, Cheyne Walk, Chelsea Embankment, Grosvenor Road, Millbank, Lambeth Bridge, Fulham Palace Road, York Road, Upper Ground.

I see Zipperhead every so often. Never seen LMM on that stretch though. Probably because I usually do that stretch some time between 9am and 9.30am as I'm a lazy git.

Red Condor Tempo with tri-bars.

That wasn't you this morning in the orange jacket on Millbank was it?

Nope, you'll usually see me in a Foska pirate jersey, stupidly long blonde hair, on a Ribble.

« Reply #397 on: 22 November, 2009, 08:16:58 pm »
... Anyone else regularly ride the bit between Chelsea & Lambeth Bridges?

I regularly cross Embankment at Chelsea Bridge, but I continue northwards on Chelsea Bridge Road.

I ride a short stretch of the Embankment every day from Cheyne Walk up to Royal Hospital Road, where I turn off and head up towards Victoria.  I don't regularly see forummers, however.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #398 on: 25 November, 2009, 12:26:09 pm »
I heard someone shout 'Hey Clarion!' this morning as I rode the New Kent Road between E&C and Meadow Road.  I looked around, but couldn't see anyone :(

Who was the mystery stealth forumite?

Of course, it may have been someone who knows the Clarion, and spotted the logo on my top ube, but, given I was wearing my yacf jersey, I think it's more likely to be someone from here (maybe walking? in a car?).
Getting there...

« Reply #399 on: 25 November, 2009, 12:44:11 pm »
Weren't me - but having said that, I can't actually remember the bit of my commute between Burgess Park and E&C, so may it was me after all...