Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 593175 times)

Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #775 on: 03 September, 2010, 01:54:14 pm »
Sorry. I think her name is titty the ti bride.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #776 on: 03 September, 2010, 01:57:50 pm »
I think you'll find it's 'Ting Tong the Ti Bride' - a Little Britain reference.
Getting there...

« Reply #777 on: 05 September, 2010, 05:30:33 pm »
Today at the Knutsford Penny racing event - blue Kona Honky Tonk with mudflaps - Ed_O_brain? Think I might've seen you in the distant pass when I used to go on Critical Mass. I'll come say hello next time.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #778 on: 06 September, 2010, 08:47:42 pm »
I saw TimO staring at his GPS with a puzzled expression.  I was close to home, but prepared to take a tiny diversion to turn him round & send him off towards his target.  He was only 180 degrees out. ;D
Getting there...

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #779 on: 06 September, 2010, 09:01:22 pm »
I saw TimO staring at his GPS with a puzzled expression.  I was close to home, but prepared to take a tiny diversion to turn him round & send him off towards his target.  He was only 180 degrees out. ;D

1 mile that way, 20,000 miles the other way.  He'd still get there.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #780 on: 08 September, 2010, 11:38:02 am »
I (or the jersey, at least) got spotted by Gaz, of headcam fame, in Balham last night.

He's as fast as he seems.  I was holding off everyone else in the bunch away from the lights, but he was gone...

I hope it doesn't get onto Youtube.  Being a bit deaf, and rather focussed on riding, I do come across a bit badly in en route conversations :-[
Getting there...

« Reply #781 on: 08 September, 2010, 11:41:33 am »

I made the mistake of following a cycle route.  Naively I assumed that they would include things like signs and road markings at junctions.
Actually, it is rocket science.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #782 on: 08 September, 2010, 11:41:52 am »
:facepalm:
Getting there...

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #783 on: 08 September, 2010, 01:19:33 pm »
I made the mistake of following a cycle route.  Naively I assumed that they would include things like signs and road markings at junctions.

Before I realised that they were cycle route markings, I was quite puzzled by the seemingly random placement of badly-drawn bicycles on the roads of London.  I suspect many drivers still are ignorant of their meaning, which adds to the confusion caused by sign proliferation and to background driver antagonism towards cyclists ("Is that supposed to be a cycle lane?  Where's the line?  Am I supposed to just remember that there may be cyclists on the road?  WTF?)
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #784 on: 08 September, 2010, 02:02:37 pm »
Just met Tiermat and Mrs Tiermat for a 'brew' @ Morrisons in Leeds.

Thoroughly nice people
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #785 on: 08 September, 2010, 06:37:10 pm »
Just picked up Peli at Kings X and was chatting about moving up north, while stopped at the red light.

Looked to my left and spotted a lady thhat I was sure that I had seen before. Looked at Peli and then looked left and the said lady was smiling and waving at me.

It was Ariadne in civil clothing on her way back  to the north.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #786 on: 08 September, 2010, 06:39:06 pm »
Yep, it was so bizarre to see you there, really made my evening!

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #787 on: 08 September, 2010, 06:40:47 pm »

It was Ariadne in civil clothing on her way back  to the north.

& you said
"Oh sorry,I didn't recognise you with your clothes on" ;D

BoomTish

Clandy

« Reply #788 on: 11 September, 2010, 02:10:16 am »
I think I may have spotted a Wowbagger and partner today...

« Reply #789 on: 12 September, 2010, 09:58:41 pm »
Velocitizen on his Focus this a.m. - sorry I didn't realise twas you til we'd crossed. After 9 days no pedalling I was not at my most alert!
Let right or wrong alone decide
God was never on your side.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #790 on: 13 September, 2010, 12:54:13 pm »
I met CrinklyLion, and the rest of her pride yesterday, as did TLD.

Much cycling and cake did follow :)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #791 on: 13 September, 2010, 01:02:01 pm »
A week or so ago, Ms Weasel and I met spokenword on a train. We were heading for the Lake District and were admiring the shiny red Thorn that was hanging in the train bike racks, it turned out to belong to spokenword of this parish.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #792 on: 13 September, 2010, 01:32:49 pm »
I met CrinklyLion, and the rest of her pride yesterday, as did TLD.

Much cycling and cake did follow :)

Indeed, a spotting of Tiermat and TLD which was followed, after a few miles to build up an appetite, by a spotting of a Mrs T bearing many rather impressive cupcakes :) 

(Still slightly shocked that Dearly_Beloved joined us... that's a first!)

And then, when I got back to York, I spotted Arch (who I'd also spotted in the park the previous day) in our local chinese.

« Reply #793 on: 13 September, 2010, 08:13:43 pm »
I was waiting to turn right onto Clapham Road when Clarion called out to me, and waited for me a bit down the road; then we rode along for a bit. I was rushing to make a class at Clapham Common so I'm ashamed to say I left him behind when he broke a spoke, mostly because I would have been absolutely no use whatsoever when it comes to sorting that out and I know he knows what he's doing.

Sorry, Clarion  :-[ It was a pleasure to ride along with you for a few minutes though.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #794 on: 13 September, 2010, 08:20:15 pm »
I was rather looking forward to riding in your company, even if only for a short space.  Apex sorted me out, though I have yet to fit my new spoke :-[
Getting there...

« Reply #795 on: 13 September, 2010, 08:22:54 pm »
I was rather looking forward to riding in your company, even if only for a short space.  Apex sorted me out, though I have yet to fit my new spoke :-[

:-[

Glad you got the spoke you needed. I felt bad about leaving you and wouldn't have ordinarily (despite my uselessness) but I'd already got the evil eye from my manager for committing the heinous sin of Leaving The Office On Time, so I wanted to make the class to make it worth it....

« Reply #796 on: 14 September, 2010, 02:00:33 pm »
Sat 4th between Preston and Lancaster stations Mr & Ms Weasel heading up a creek with paddles ( and inflatable kayak, I believe) on a heavily laden trailer.  The shiny red  Thorn is no longer in that condition courtesy of a, for once, correct severe weather warning whilst climbing Drumocter pass en route for JOG. Still every cloud has a silver lining and that weather should have given you a bit more water to paddle in.

« Reply #797 on: 14 September, 2010, 04:59:29 pm »
I thought I saw CrinklyLion just as my train was pulling away from the platform at York Station about 6 pm last Thursday.  I really hope she wasn't there to deliver me cake.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #798 on: 14 September, 2010, 05:00:41 pm »
That would be a complete tragedy.
Getting there...

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #799 on: 14 September, 2010, 05:13:24 pm »
I couldn't possibly comment.  Some people just don't take cake seriously enough....