Author Topic: Picasa 3  (Read 1678 times)

Picasa 3
« on: 23 November, 2008, 10:07:23 am »
From google - anyone using it?  Has quite a neat desktop, viewing and program selecting facility.

Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

Jules

• Has dropped his aitch!
Re: Picasa 3
« Reply #1 on: 23 November, 2008, 10:31:09 am »
Not yet - still on V2 - will have a look.

Audax on the other hand is almost invisible and thought to be the pastime of Hobbits ....  Fab Foodie

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #2 on: 23 November, 2008, 11:09:55 am »
I've been using picasa 3 for a while. I like it. I use it for most photo editing now, but I still use Thumbsplus as well because it's much faster at generating thumbnails for lots of pictures.
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #3 on: 23 November, 2008, 01:50:16 pm »
I love it, though the only gripe I have with it (Google online gallery) is that I can't seem to link to it from here.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #4 on: 01 December, 2008, 10:04:00 am »
I found out one useful feature this weekend, if you have picasa running, and do a screen/window grab then picasa immediately makes it available.

So if you want to do several, rather than doing print screen, paste into some app, print screen etc. You can just keep pressing print screen then go and deal with them all afterwards.
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

« Reply #5 on: 19 January, 2009, 03:40:19 pm »
If you read my thread you can see that my Picasa has just been dismissed :o. It looks nice but hogs resources, slowed my Computer down, the Boot up became horribly slow and worse it copies every graphic inluding system files.

Google states that it knows the problems and is actively working to fix them.

It seems to me that their Picasa 3 release was far too early :demon:
"100% PURE FREAKING AWESOME"