Author Topic: Our christmas present to ourselves this year will be ....  (Read 6071 times)

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
Re: Our christmas present to ourselves this year will be ....
« Reply #25 on: 31 December, 2008, 01:53:40 pm »
I've got a feisol, bought direct from taiwan which is incredibly light and very robust, but with the pound / dollar it's more expensive than the manfrotto.  I cant decide if this: Photocart is madness or genius - if you wanted a feisol, I'll go halves on the shipping to get one of them!

How much are they?

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #26 on: 31 December, 2008, 06:30:17 pm »
I've got a feisol, bought direct from taiwan which is incredibly light and very robust, but with the pound / dollar it's more expensive than the manfrotto.  I cant decide if this: Photocart is madness or genius - if you wanted a feisol, I'll go halves on the shipping to get one of them!

That looks lovely, but...

Last year Jonathan and I tried an experiment to see if we could record some of our mountain descents. We borrowed a compact camera that could record video, then mounted my gorillapod onto the bars of one of the bikes, securing it with cable ties (just in case!)

Sadly, unless the road was completely smooth any vibration went straight into the camera making the whole thing useless. I can upload some to youtube if you want to see.

Next time I think we'll attach a gorillapod to a helmet with some cable ties and see how that goes. The rider should act as a shock absorber, and as long as they don't move their head around too much it should be ok.
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

« Reply #27 on: 31 December, 2008, 07:13:44 pm »
There's a VirtualDub filter called Deshaker which can remove quite a lot of vibration from footage, although it may take some buggering about with the settings to get a decent result.

I used it with my ATC2K mounted on the handlebars, although that was just on the commuting roads of London, not off-road.
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #28 on: 31 December, 2008, 07:49:48 pm »
A new design Audax Uk gilet from Impsport.

I "need" a new club  long sleeve jersey, but judging by the look I got when I opened the parcel containing the gilet, I may have to wait a week or two ;D