Author Topic: Fuji S5700  (Read 1497 times)

Fuji S5700
« on: 23 January, 2009, 12:44:38 pm »
Bought my wife a Fuji S5700 for her birthday. We already have an Olympus 500 dSLR and a little compact point and shoot but she wanted something smaller than the dSLR but with more options than a point and shoot. the Fuji is a 7MP bridge camera with a 10x optical zoom. At the moment several places are doing these at around £100 which is a bit of a bargain. OK its not a Panasonic Lumix or a Canon G10 but for the price it has plenty of features and a good zoom. She took some test shots yesterday and loves it. The controls are easy to use and focus is fast and accurate and its light (plastic) and reasonable small. Some reviews I read complained about purple fringing but the shots she took looked fine. I guess it's not the best example of the breed but there again its about 1/2 to 1/3 the price of the others. If you fancy a super zoom and don't have a lot of pennies I would recommend one of these. I got hers from Jessops and they even said if she didn't like it she could exchange it within 30 days so long as we used our own batteries (it takes 4x AA) and didn't open all the little plastic bags that have the lens cap and accessories in which I though was good.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
Re: Fuji S5700
« Reply #1 on: 23 January, 2009, 12:50:37 pm »
Funnily enough, I got a Fuji s5700 as my emergency replacement camera in the USA (After I'd left my nice Olympus kit in the back of a car).

It's a great little camera for the price (mine was about £95 in the US).  I can't complain about the quality of the pictures - they seem fine to me.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of Númenor
« Reply #2 on: 23 January, 2009, 11:51:05 pm »
Just bought one for Master TC's birthday.

Seems to work.

Pretty good.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #3 on: 03 February, 2009, 08:58:17 pm »
I have the 9600 I think, brilliant cameras for the price.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Woofage

• Tofu-eating Wokerati
  • Ain't no hooves on my bike.
« Reply #4 on: 03 February, 2009, 10:50:11 pm »
We have its predecessor, the 5600. Bought it just over 3 years ago and its worked flawlessly since despite being mauled by the peeps (eg my current avatar was taken by my daughter using it). Was over £200 then but that was still cheap!
Pen Pusher

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of Númenor
« Reply #5 on: 09 February, 2009, 08:37:01 pm »
While we're on the topic

Can anyone suggest (smallest possible) case for these cameras?

Ta muchly.