Author Topic: A late late post Christmas night time Ride to Bognor  (Read 17607 times)

Re: NOW CANCELLED - So definitely not a FNRttC Christmas Ride to Bognor 18/12/09
« Reply #100 on: 18 December, 2009, 11:12:53 am »
I think you are a bunch of wusses. :P

If you want to do it, I can still meet you at HPC Wow? ;D
Actually, it is rocket science.

Re: NOW CANCELLED - So definitely not a FNRttC Christmas Ride to Bognor 18/12/09
« Reply #101 on: 18 December, 2009, 01:34:15 pm »
Do we get to find out what the treat was?Or does it remain on file for another time?
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #102 on: 18 December, 2009, 02:18:32 pm »
It was only a little treat, but it can remain for the re-run.

My main hope is that Pippa can be persuaded to make more alcoholic choccy goodies (as I'm assuming the current batch is all gone now).
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #103 on: 18 December, 2009, 02:25:00 pm »

My main hope is that Pippa can be persuaded to make more alcoholic choccy goodies (as I'm assuming the current batch is all gone now).

I don't think any of the last match made it beyond HPC!  Sadly, I arrived too late.  :'(
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #104 on: 18 December, 2009, 02:26:38 pm »

I don't think any of the last match made it beyond HPC!  Sadly, I arrived too late.  :'(

You didn't get any because you were late   :P

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #105 on: 18 December, 2009, 02:42:54 pm »

For the November '08 FNRttC I took a flask of sweet black coffee with a splash, or three ;), of rum, which went down very well at the Ditchling greenhouses. I was planning on making more for this ride, but I probably won't be able to attend the rescheduled ride, so someone else will have to fill in for me.
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

« Reply #106 on: 18 December, 2009, 03:10:04 pm »

For the November '08 FNRttC I took a flask of sweet black coffee with a splash, or three ;), of rum, which went down very well at the Ditchling greenhouses. I was planning on making more for this ride, but I probably won't be able to attend the rescheduled ride, so someone else will have to fill in for me.

It certainly did, and remembering this I fitted my bikebuddy the other day so I could do similar.

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
« Reply #107 on: 18 December, 2009, 03:47:41 pm »
Mmm - how many tots of rum are there in 2 litres??
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

Pippa

• Busy being fabulous
« Reply #108 on: 18 December, 2009, 04:12:17 pm »
3.5 tots :) but that is based on the proper hardcore 50% stuff. For the pansy 40% stuff you get nowadays you'd need about 4.4 tots or thereabouts. Prolly worth rounding up to 5 :D

As for the alcoholic choccie - for you lot of course I'll make some :-*

As it happens, the booze choccy didn't get made so the requisite ingredients (booze and choccy plus stuff) are sitting around waiting for the rescheduled ride. I just need the packing guru aka Jurek to figure out a way I can carry said booze choccy on my bike without the need for a rack or panniers :thumbsup:

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #109 on: 18 December, 2009, 04:19:48 pm »

As it happens, the booze choccy didn't get made so the requisite ingredients (booze and choccy plus stuff) are sitting around waiting for the rescheduled ride. I just need the packing guru aka Jurek to figure out a way I can carry said booze choccy on my bike without the need for a rack or panniers :thumbsup:

My bikes have racks, I have panniers.  Shall I stop by tomorrow for lunch?
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
Re: A late, late Christmas Ride to Bognor
« Reply #110 on: 19 December, 2009, 11:55:43 am »
Back to the main topic, as Tim had originally suggested Friday 22nd January as another day, and the snow might have melted by then, who's able to make that one?

Re: A late late post Christmas night time Ride to Bognor
« Reply #111 on: 19 December, 2009, 12:06:10 pm »
Not me that day, I'm afraid.

« Reply #112 on: 19 December, 2009, 12:08:14 pm »
I have childcare duties to perform on the Saturday, which would preclude me from joining this ride.

However, that doesn't mean that I couldn't turn up at HPC with Pippa's chocofrolic goodness to wave you off.

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
« Reply #113 on: 19 December, 2009, 12:30:47 pm »
I have childcare duties to perform on the Saturday, which would preclude me from joining this ride.

However, that doesn't mean that I couldn't turn up at HPC with Pippa's chocofrolic goodness to wave you off.

But.... but..... who would be there to shout out when I go the wrong way.  ;D

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
Re: A late, late Christmas Ride to Bognor
« Reply #114 on: 19 December, 2009, 04:34:46 pm »
Back to the main topic, as Tim had originally suggested Friday 22nd January as another day, and the snow might have melted by then, who's able to make that one?
I'm going to be away some of that week and by Friday I'll be knackered and in no fit state to do an overnight ride. But as I don't live in London, I don't consider I have much power over which date you should chose.
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

« Reply #115 on: 19 December, 2009, 05:27:00 pm »
I only picked that date because it and the original date of this ride were nicely spaced between the last and first official FNRttCs of their respective seasons.

There's no reason why we can't pick another date which is more suitable for the majority of people.

« Reply #116 on: 19 December, 2009, 05:41:18 pm »
I've put a poll here to take a vote on the best date to attempt to run this ride on.

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
« Reply #117 on: 19 December, 2009, 09:03:56 pm »
 :thumbsup: