Author Topic: Mold (North Wales) to Weston Park (near Cosford)  (Read 1044 times)

Mold (North Wales) to Weston Park (near Cosford)
« on: 06 July, 2010, 12:45:27 pm »
Good afternoon,

I will be riding from Mold in North Wales down to Weston Park - about 55miles in total - this coming Saturday. Are there any roads I should make an effort to appreciate or avoid on this route?

I know 55 miles is not so far for most of you, but it is a step towards longer distances for me!  :). I am hoping to do a 200km before the end of the year!

Thanks,
Paul

Re: Mold (North Wales) to Weston Park (near Cosford)
« Reply #1 on: 06 July, 2010, 10:26:07 pm »
A nice and lanesy route would be via Ellesmere, Wem, Cold Hatton, Lilleshall and Sheriffhales.

I would not be inclined to use the direct route along the A41 as this is quite a busy road and no fun at all to ride on.

There is quite a decent transport cafe at Crudgington, which is open on Saturdays.
I don't want to grow old gracefully. I want to grow old disgracefully.

« Reply #2 on: 07 July, 2010, 06:01:28 am »
Thanks Blade!

I have now mapped out the route including your suggestions. Now looking forward to nice weather on Saturday!! :)

« Reply #3 on: 11 July, 2010, 05:27:06 pm »
Well, the weather was great, but I went the wrong way! Anyway, as I had a map with me, I worked the lanes to the east of the A41 and had a good ride. 110km in total, with about 4:40 riding time, and about 5:15 total time. With my untrained legs, the last hour was hard work!

I now need to plan what I will do next weekend to build on this ride.