Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
We’ve had similar before. It’s underhand sales droids using barely legal methods to convince you to switch supplier.

We put in some kind of complaint, can’t remember to whom, but nothing came of it.
The Pub / Re: The RANT thread (often contains fruity language)
« Last post by citoyen on Today at 06:53:44 pm »
Proxy rant on behalf of my colleague…

Overnight, her surname was changed on our IT systems from Miller to Muller, as result of which she has been locked out of various accounts for software (eg Adobe) because her email address doesn’t match.

IT said it was HR’s responsibility but HR say she’s correctly listed on their system so it’s not their problem.

IT then said she needs to submit a request for a change of name via her manager, a process than requires various bits of paperwork as evidence to support the change. Which she obviously doesn’t have.

They can’t/won’t tell her who made the change or why. Because of course they can’t.

It’s like a scene from Brazil. Insane.
OT Gallery / Re: Readers' Instruments
« Last post by Woofage on Today at 05:50:43 pm »
How long does a set of violin strings last?  Depending on what I what want I pay around £10 for a set of guitar strings that I change every 8-10 weeks

Potentially years, but they can wear and accumulate crud from finger grease and bow rosin. I think Miss W's teacher recommended changing every 6 months or so but I don't know anyone who does that. I've honestly no idea how long my current set have been on but I feel like they're due for a change. Also, they have a much longer settling in period than guitar strings.
The Knowledge / What's in tubeless sealant?
« Last post by quixoticgeek on Today at 05:41:43 pm »

Seeing a picture of a rider who's bright purple tubeless tyre sealant had decided it didn't want to remain in the tube, but instead would like to pool on the pavement. I find myself wondering.

What's in tubeless tyre sealant? And how bad is it for the environment?

J
T-shirt weather here and yesterday was singlet and shorts weather for the run.
Where The Wild Things Are / Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Last post by hellymedic on Today at 05:27:57 pm »
I’d get sniffy about a blood sugar above 7 so I hope it’s the cat...
OT Knowledge / Re: Witnessing form signing... solicitors etc
« Last post by chrisbainbridge on Today at 05:27:50 pm »
But my documents needed a specific solicitor authorised as a notary.
OT Gallery / Re: Readers' Instruments
« Last post by PaulF on Today at 05:27:14 pm »
As mentioned upthread (and to give some thread balance for nicknack) I put new strings on my EV - d'Addario Helicore. Very nice, and surprisingly for a "bright" string the E is very sweet.

My acoustic violin is overdue for a string change and I'd like something different but with good sets running at £60-£70 or more I'm a little hesitant.

I like Helicores on my viola, though haven't tried them for violin.

The price of strings is indeed rather prohibitive to experimentation these days, though. :-\

How long does a set of violin strings last?  Depending on what I what want I pay around £10 for a set of guitar strings that I change every 8-10 weeks
28 degrees here and a bank holiday. We drove with the top down to Xanten for ice cream - half of Kreis Kleve were buying ice cream but somehow we got served really quickly.
Rides and Touring / Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Last post by Tomsk on Today at 05:21:18 pm »
Eta around 21:00 for me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10