Author Topic: Boxing Day Ride v.3.0  (Read 16621 times)

Re: Boxing Day Ride v.3.0
« Reply #100 on: 28 December, 2008, 03:13:00 am »
Really enjoyed the pootle around the capital.

I can't remember anyone's name, but there was at least one of

• fixi
  • tadem
  • steel
  • moulten
  • Carbon bling
  • Upright Steel
  • trike
  • ti
  • cyclocross

I echo my thanks to the organisers.  Many thanks and happy skiing.

From that list, you forgot Ingrid dude  :thumbsup:
Seriously, I hadn't thought about it at the time, but the broad range of velocipedes present was, in an odd way, uplifting.

Justin(e)

• On my way out of here
« Reply #101 on: 28 December, 2008, 06:13:52 pm »
From that list, you forgot 'skip bike' dude  :thumbsup:

I would prefer that you refer to her (the Raleigh Pioneer) as Ingrid.   >:(  It is only polite to call the lady by her proper name.

By the way, Justin, was your rear spindle broken?

I am guessing so, but as Ingrid is gently being retired, I thought it indelicate to look up her rear to check.  Our relationship only started in March (it was an embarrassing beginning).

Ingrid owes me nothing, we did the etape this year together (you should have seen the looks we got).  We have done off road audaxes, normal audaxes, touring, FNRttC, commuting and pootles.

I am deeply fond of her, but I have lined up her replacement (n++).  Like many a jilted lover who is replaced with a younger model, she has not taken kindly to the news so there was a lot squawking yesterday.  My apologies for bringing my personal problems along to the ride.

« Reply #102 on: 28 December, 2008, 06:30:34 pm »
From that list, you forgot 'skip bike' dude  :thumbsup:

I would prefer that you refer to her (the Raleigh Pioneer) as Ingrid.   >:(  It is only polite to call the lady by her proper name.

Message modified and apologies for causing offence proffered.

andyml

« Reply #103 on: 29 December, 2008, 01:09:26 am »
hi folks,

just wanted to say, as a newbie YACFer, how much I enjoyed meeting you all on the Boxing Day ride and I too found the mix of machines exciting ...such a broad church you got there! :thumbsup:

You might remember me as the newbie on a Moulton APB.

I look forward to joining you on future rides and can they all end at a curry house?

brgds  Andy

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #104 on: 29 December, 2008, 01:23:51 am »
I am guessing so, but as Ingrid is gently being retired, I thought it indelicate to look up her rear to check.  Our relationship only started in March (it was an embarrassing beginning).

This is gentle retirement?
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!