Linked Events

• CTC AGM camping weekend: 15 May, 2010 - 16 May, 2010

Author Topic: CTC AGM camping weekend  (Read 15240 times)

Re: CTC AGM camping weekend
« Reply #50 on: 05 April, 2010, 08:26:23 pm »
Thanks for that, JB.

Useful to have that info.

J

« Reply #51 on: 07 April, 2010, 12:04:12 am »
Which campsite is it?
If you are a member of the Camping and Caravanning Club the nearest would be Lower Grange Farm - Coalville. However, I know nothing about it but the location would not be too far.
O'LEL what have I done!

« Reply #52 on: 08 April, 2010, 07:20:47 am »
I am not sure about the Camping and Caravanning Club bit but Whatoff Farm, Quorn is closer and easier to commute from as there are no hills involved.  If you really want a hill on the commute it isn't much further to go via Woodhouse Eaves.

I don't know the site but the village has six pubs, a Chinese restaurant, a Thai restaurant (last time I looked), two Indian restaurants, two Italian restaurants etc, etc.  It has almost reached the restaurant event horizon.

The campsite is adjacent to Quorn Steam Trust station and the owner of the site is an ex-master of the Quorn Hunt.  Something for everyone...  :demon:

« Reply #53 on: 08 April, 2010, 08:33:55 pm »
I am not sure about the Camping and Caravanning Club bit but Whatoff Farm, Quorn is closer and easier to commute from as there are no hills involved.  If you really want a hill on the commute it isn't much further to go via Woodhouse Eaves.

I don't know the site but the village has six pubs, a Chinese restaurant, a Thai restaurant (last time I looked), two Indian restaurants, two Italian restaurants etc, etc.  It has almost reached the restaurant event horizon.

The campsite is adjacent to Quorn Steam Trust station and the owner of the site is an ex-master of the Quorn Hunt.  Something for everyone...  :demon:

Jobs a goodun!
O'LEL what have I done!

Tourist Tony

• Supermassive mobile flesh-toned black hole
« Reply #54 on: 09 April, 2010, 02:01:07 am »
Well, chaps, it looks like I am being sent for work purposes to East Midlands Airport the week before the event in question. That will be followed by a long weekend off work.....which is the weekend of the event in question.
Embryo plan for me.....take bike to East Mids Parkway.
Ride to hotel.
Do training.
Ride to Lufbra or other place of tentery
Harangue delegates
Drink BEER
Get train back home

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #55 on: 09 April, 2010, 07:44:27 am »
Well, chaps, it looks like I am being sent for work purposes to East Midlands Airport the week before the event in question. That will be followed by a long weekend off work.....which is the weekend of the event in question.
Ride to hotel.
Do training.
Harangue delegates
Drink BEER
Get train back home

***Dons flak jacket and digs out UN blue helmet in preparation***   :-\
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #56 on: 09 April, 2010, 08:41:27 am »
... Whatoff Farm, Quorn

I reckon that's entirely doable in a day for me fully laden...

... the owner of the site is an ex-master of the Quorn Hunt.  Something for everyone...  :demon:

Hmmm, maybe not.   :sick:

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #57 on: 09 April, 2010, 08:45:13 am »

"Save the Mycoprotein - Ban the Hunt".
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #58 on: 10 April, 2010, 11:07:12 am »

There is another campsite just around the corner, on Chaveney road, that I've used on occasion and have always been happy with. It's basic, but quiet.

Recomended.
Don't ask.

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #59 on: 10 April, 2010, 11:13:10 am »
Ride to hotel.
Do training.
Harangue delegates
Drink BEER
Get train back home

Why not cycle back - a few of us are.  :thumbsup:
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

« Reply #60 on: 10 April, 2010, 11:21:04 am »

There is another campsite just around the corner, on Chaveney road, that I've used on occasion and have always been happy with. It's basic, but quiet.

Recomended.

Excellent  -  a personal recommendation as opposed to me just trolling around the internet.

« Reply #61 on: 10 April, 2010, 11:46:42 am »

Recomended.

According to Google Maps it can be found between 36 and 40 Chaveney road, on the south side.  It is, according to the Camping and Caravanning Club website called Mill Farm, has only five pitches and own sanitation is essential. 

Do bears shit in the woods...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #62 on: 10 April, 2010, 03:41:20 pm »
To hell with the mycoprotein - I want a shower!   :o

Tourist Tony

« Reply #63 on: 10 April, 2010, 09:28:48 pm »
To hell with the mycoprotein - I want a shower!   :o
I want a pub!

Tourist Tony

« Reply #64 on: 12 April, 2010, 12:55:19 pm »
I am now booked into Whatoff farm camp site from Thursday evening to Monday morning. Nice spin down from the back roads to Hathern and through Lufbra.

Tourist Tony

« Reply #65 on: 17 April, 2010, 12:23:53 pm »
Anyone else?

« Reply #66 on: 17 April, 2010, 05:52:13 pm »
Not booked yet but seriously considering it.

Can anybody vouch for the local ale?   ;)

Tourist Tony

« Reply #67 on: 18 April, 2010, 11:02:34 am »
Some very good brews about, including Everard's Old Original.....

« Reply #68 on: 18 April, 2010, 02:22:13 pm »
If we come we're likely to ride over on the Saturday, stay the night and ride back on the Sunday.   I'm also considering loading MH up for the trip but don't tell stoker...

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #69 on: 18 April, 2010, 05:34:46 pm »
This is now on the office wall planner:always a good sign :)
I shall not be doing the £30 dinner,John Henry's social plan is more appealing.
I shall probably adopt ther same ride plan as Polar Bear

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #70 on: 22 April, 2010, 07:43:15 pm »
Just re-read the Whatoff Farm page and noticed:

As the owner of Whatoff Lodge Farm I would like to correct some mistakes in Blackelle's review. He was surprised that we said we were full with only 5 tents/caravans there - we only have planning permission for 5 unless it is an organised rally.

Which sounds like it might be a problem if most of the people who've expressed interest here are still coming...  Unless we can somehow become a (dis)organised rally?

For reference I am planning to come, but haven't booked yet.

« Reply #71 on: 23 April, 2010, 01:14:31 pm »
Just re-read the Whatoff Farm page and noticed:

As the owner of Whatoff Lodge Farm I would like to correct some mistakes in Blackelle's review. He was surprised that we said we were full with only 5 tents/caravans there - we only have planning permission for 5 unless it is an organised rally.

Which sounds like it might be a problem if most of the people who've expressed interest here are still coming...  Unless we can somehow become a (dis)organised rally?

For reference I am planning to come, but haven't booked yet.
That usually only applies to vans. It's generally 5 vans and as many tents as will fit.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #72 on: 23 April, 2010, 05:46:32 pm »
I emailed them earlier, and have just had a reply saying that they're almost full (I asked about the nights of the 14th and 15th) but they can probably squeeze me in.  £8.50/night for a 1-person tent and bike. 

Doesn't bode well...

« Reply #73 on: 25 April, 2010, 02:56:37 pm »
It's looking likely that I will not be coming along now.   Stoker has expressed the wish to do an audax event at Meriden on the Saturday.   I'm no great fan of audax so she is probably doing it alone. 

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #74 on: 06 May, 2010, 05:18:32 pm »
*bump*

So who's actually coming?