Author Topic: FNRttc - York to Cleethorpes NOT 3rd September 2010  (Read 10431 times)

Re: FNRttc - York to Cleethorpes NOT 3rd September 2010
« Reply #50 on: 06 August, 2010, 07:12:49 pm »

« Reply #51 on: 06 August, 2010, 08:07:15 pm »
Scarborough isn't far enough. We'd be there by 0400 with a midnight start. Whitby is only 77km, need about 110km.

« Reply #52 on: 07 August, 2010, 09:33:15 am »
Scarborough isn't far enough. We'd be there by 0400 with a midnight start. Whitby is only 77km, need about 110km.

Well that's killed that then!  Destination will have to be Grimsby ;D

Or...

We could go by a  less than direct route

« Reply #53 on: 07 August, 2010, 09:56:41 am »
Just saying like. There will be nowhere to stop except for the roadside, the weather is likely to mean we'll want to keep moving, then that will mean a very early arrival at the destination with nothing to do except hang around or start riding home.

Should detour through Land of Nod.

« Reply #54 on: 07 August, 2010, 10:17:17 am »
No , you are right. a suitably longer  route with potential stops needs to be devised. Or another destination selected.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #55 on: 07 August, 2010, 10:55:23 am »
No , you are right. a suitably longer  route with potential stops needs to be devised. Or another destination selected.

Nah - all you need to do is pootle along until you realise you've left me about 5 miles behind, turn round and come back to collect me, turn round and head off until you realise I've fallen 5 miles behind again, rinse and repeat.  And you'll have time to climb and descend every hill at least twice while you're waiting for me.  I can do the short route and you can all triple the distance :)

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #56 on: 07 August, 2010, 11:00:00 am »
^^^^^
or I could bring the tandem & we can be lantern rouge blanc together.
We could then do the "rinse & repeat" while waiting for them* :demon: ;).

* waits for the speed merchants & mile munchers to rise to the challenge

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #57 on: 07 August, 2010, 11:16:50 am »
That does lead to a very important question.  Has it got kiddy cranks fitted for your granddaughter?  As Wowbagger and I discovered, I am on the shortarse side for a stoker!  Mind, with our combined heffalumpiness (and me not having access to a brake) we didn't half go fast down the hills with gravity on our side  ;D

« Reply #58 on: 07 August, 2010, 11:18:09 am »

Nah - all you need to do is pootle along until you realise you've left me about 5 miles behind, turn round and come back to collect me, turn round and head off until you realise I've fallen 5 miles behind again, rinse and repeat.  And you'll have time to climb and descend every hill at least twice while you're waiting for me.  I can do the short route and you can all triple the distance :)

That'll do for me.   :thumbsup:  We'll just ride slower ;D  

If nothing else theres a McDs  which opens at 5.00am.  aim for that, then ride the last few miles to the beach after coffee

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #59 on: 07 August, 2010, 11:21:37 am »
No kiddycranks.My g.d is a similar height to yourself.
They can be a bit quick downhill can't they. :thumbsup:
Did Wowb. tell you the pilot/stoker code word for "downhill approaching"?

« Reply #61 on: 08 August, 2010, 08:29:06 pm »

That'll do for me.   :thumbsup:  We'll just ride slower ;D  

If nothing else theres a McDs  which opens at 5.00am.  aim for that, then ride the last few miles to the beach after coffee

I was thinking of a halfway stop at Aidan's somewhere between York and Scarborough.

;)

« Reply #62 on: 09 August, 2010, 02:39:15 pm »
York - Flamborough Head - Scarborough?

I'm working on applying to Mrs Charly for a day release. Probation board is considering my application.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #63 on: 09 August, 2010, 03:35:35 pm »
York - Flamborough Head - Scarborough?

I'm working on applying to Mrs Charly for a day release. Probation board is considering my application.

Strangely enough, that goes by my house too.  I wonder how I broach the subject of providing refreshments at 3.00am with Mrs Aidan. That may be an interesting conversation ;D

« Reply #64 on: 09 August, 2010, 03:59:52 pm »
Just don't let your probation board talk to my probation board. They might twig that we haven't reformed.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #65 on: 09 August, 2010, 04:01:47 pm »
Just don't let your probation board talk to my probation board. They might twig that we haven't reformed.
;D ;D ;D ;D

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #66 on: 09 August, 2010, 05:21:34 pm »
I could well be up for this, work permitting, but I think I will leave the Joker outfit at home :)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

LindaG

« Reply #67 on: 09 August, 2010, 05:22:59 pm »
I could well be up for this, work permitting, but I think I will leave the Joker outfit at home :)

Yeah, I may come as well.  I don't have a Joker outfit.  But I do have a juggler I might bring along.

thelazycyclist

• where's crusty?
    • thelazycyclist
« Reply #68 on: 09 August, 2010, 08:00:54 pm »

Yeah, I may come as well.  I don't have a Joker outfit.  But I do have a juggler I might bring along.

Yeah, I've been practising as well!  Still not very good though.  I got some lighter juggling balls from Covent Garden market on Saturday cos I was having trouble getting the heavier ones up into the air.  But even the lighter ones seem to come down all by themselves.
The friendly landlord helped us put our bikes into his very big shed.  Very carefully we did not fall into the acid bath which was there.

« Reply #69 on: 10 August, 2010, 11:22:05 am »
We wont be stopping at Chez Aidan , it'll be a lot little unfair on Mrs Aidan because of the shifts shes working that weekend.  Will work on alternatives ( which are a little scarce at 3.00am ;D)

« Reply #70 on: 10 August, 2010, 11:36:05 am »
Well I have approval of a sort.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

LindaG

« Reply #71 on: 12 August, 2010, 07:58:41 pm »
Can I have a quick re-cap please?

When and where?

I need to request the time off, whether or not this is scheduled for a weekend.

I might even to put the time in as annual leave.  Which is fine, but if this ride doesn't happen that's two days' leave wasted.  Or I may have to enter the Hartside.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #72 on: 12 August, 2010, 08:03:41 pm »
LindaG's post is a reminder that this thread has developed beyond the thread title in that the title date & destination are irrelevant & confusing.
Rehaps someone would like to start a new thread accurately reflecting the details.

EDIT  In fact there are two dates/rides being discussed n'est pas?

Re: FNRttc - York to Filey or Scarborough 17th September 2010
« Reply #73 on: 13 August, 2010, 10:53:30 am »
I believe the date for the first ride has been set as 17th of September.

Start from York (Railway Station?) and probably going to Filey. Exact details of route still to be settled.

<i>Marmite slave</i>

LindaG

« Reply #74 on: 13 August, 2010, 11:15:53 am »
Thank you.