Author Topic: Manchester evening ride - Tuesday 11th April '17  (Read 11531 times)

Si_Co

Re: Manchester evening ride - Monday 1st December '14
« Reply #50 on: 18 November, 2014, 07:07:20 am »
I vote that we do this even if OD can't make it  ;D

This is good to know but I'll move heaven and earth to be there.

Andrew I'd hate for your research to be wasted, OD it'd be good to meet you.

I can confirm Si has 'big lights'. His handlebar setup looks like a bicycle crashed into Johnny 5!  :o
;D

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #51 on: 28 November, 2014, 07:51:25 am »
On Wednesday I was down on the southcoast so took the opportunity to ride out with Hummers and his crew.  I had an excellent if rather alcoholic evening.  Therefore my sense of anticipation for our Manchester ride is nicely heightened (the Vale Cottage looks brilliant!).  I'm just hoping nothing happens today that will bollox our carefully laid plans - fingers crossed!

Tail End Charlie

« Reply #52 on: 30 November, 2014, 08:41:35 am »
Great, I'll be outside Bar at 1920 tomorrow. Look forward to meeting everyone again.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #53 on: 30 November, 2014, 09:10:08 am »
Looking good at my end.  I will set off first thing tomorrow, finish the working day in our Manchester office which is just down the road from the Premier Inn and therefore should be ready bang on time.

« Reply #54 on: 30 November, 2014, 10:39:35 am »
Excellent stuff.
I'll be at the hotel at 19.00.
With luck, Helen will meet us at Bar at 19.20 and Mark at Fallowfield Sainsburys a little bit after that.

Si; are you meeting us at the hotel as well ?

Si_Co

« Reply #55 on: 30 November, 2014, 11:22:02 am »
Now I've figured out it's the Premier Inn at Man Utd not Trafford Park  :facepalm: , yep I'll be there straight from work.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #56 on: 01 December, 2014, 05:06:16 pm »
Enjoy your evening everyone. Sorry I can't join you, last night's insomnia has caught up with me so I'll take a number on this one.
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #57 on: 01 December, 2014, 05:10:18 pm »
Enjoy your evening everyone. Sorry I can't join you, last night's insomnia has caught up with me so I'll take a number on this one.

That's a shame.  I was hoping to drop in on you today but work nonsense conspired against me.

« Reply #58 on: 01 December, 2014, 11:58:36 pm »
Oscar's Dad has been guided back to his hotel and all is well.
I'll report more fully in the next couple of days and, hopefully, OD will post his "eating food with obligatory pint" picture.

It was a good evening despite the lack of food at the Vale Cottage and the unforecast drizzle.
There was, for a change, Ginger Marble  :thumbsup:

Route here:- http://www.strava.com/activities/225338107/segments/5326658850

Oscar's dad

« Reply #59 on: 02 December, 2014, 12:28:38 am »
I'm safely back "home" after persuading the security guards to take my picture outside a certain iconic football stadium.

Photos will have to wait until either some bright spark reminds me what my Photobucket password is or I get home to where it's written down.

I had a smashing evening and am once again grateful to Andrew, Helen, Mark and Peter. One day I will get the chance to pay you back for your hospitality.

Si_Co

« Reply #60 on: 02 December, 2014, 08:44:31 am »
My apologies, this is not the first time I've dropped out at the last, carp at this social thing these days.

Tail End Charlie

« Reply #61 on: 02 December, 2014, 09:54:55 am »
I too had a great evening, although being a lightweight I missed the last couple of drinks. Good to meet up with you all again and a shame, Si S, you couldn't make it as I've not met you. I think I was seriously out gunned in the lighting stakes on the loop, OD took the prize here, and the amount of reflective on display was impressive.
Thanks to AndrewBr for organising.  :thumbsup:

BTW OD, I recall you told me your photobucket password is   Imasouthernjessie15    and you didn't half go out of your way to have a photo outside City's ground.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #62 on: 02 December, 2014, 10:24:48 am »
I'm in (and TEC your suggestion was helpful  ;D )

Me and food and Sommersby Cider (by Carlsberg) which wasn't too bad ...

My reference to Old Trafford being iconic does not imply any allegiance on my behalf.  There are girls who know and care more about football than me.

Thanks again for a cracking evening   :thumbsup:   :-*

Oscar's dad

Re: Manchester evening ride - Tuesday 19th May '15
« Reply #63 on: 14 May, 2015, 01:19:55 pm »
The evening of Tuesday 19th May will see me in Manchester again.  As usual I am staying at my favourite Premier Inn (Sir Alex Ferguson Way, Trafford Park, M17 1WS) and should be ready to roll by 6:30pm.

Andrew Br (bless him) is organising a route and somewhere for us tea.  Please come along if you can, we normally have a really nice time  :thumbsup:

« Reply #64 on: 14 May, 2015, 01:33:49 pm »
The current plan is to do an anti-clockwise lap of MCR airport (Wythenshawe, Ashley and Mobberleyish on the way out for intermediate "joiners") and we'll eat at the Romper near the airport tunnels. It's a Chef and Brewer but it does food 'til 22.00 and it serves proper beer.
The route will be something like this:-

https://www.strava.com/activities/300064942

If the weather is crap we may look at a shorter ride (Railway in Mobberley and back is one option).

I'll be meeting the Chorlton(CH) Massive at Chorlton Water Park at about 18.50 after I've collected OD from his hotel.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #65 on: 14 May, 2015, 02:30:52 pm »
 :thumbsup:

« Reply #66 on: 14 May, 2015, 10:46:29 pm »
I should point out that there will be some comedy off-roading if we do the full route. It seems appropriate for a YACF ride. All the terrain is manageable on narrow slick tyres.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #67 on: 15 May, 2015, 05:51:57 am »
Oh goody  ;D

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #68 on: 15 May, 2015, 09:25:11 am »
As usual I am staying at my favourite Premier Inn (Sir Alex Ferguson Way, Trafford Park, M17 1WS)

OD, you certainly live life at the extremes don't you?

Inkpen one minute and Trafford Park the next.  I'm trying to think of two more different locations.
Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #69 on: 15 May, 2015, 10:15:38 am »
As usual I am staying at my favourite Premier Inn (Sir Alex Ferguson Way, Trafford Park, M17 1WS)

OD, you certainly live life at the extremes don't you?

Inkpen one minute and Trafford Park the next.  I'm trying to think of two more different locations.

I like to get about a bit  ;D  I shall be taking me bike back to Hull the week after.

« Reply #70 on: 15 May, 2015, 10:58:21 pm »
Can I join?
Started audax with LEL & SR in 2013. Currently working on fitness and trying for a RRtY in 2024. Event organiser, Arrivée photo contributor & LEL controller

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #71 on: 15 May, 2015, 11:32:56 pm »
Love to join you but:

1) I'd hobble you to 5mph average and the only way I'd reach The Romper would be inna truck

&

2) It clashes with 'Mum 'n Dad Time' which is a regular Tuesday night thang and I'm not after a trial separation or a divorce just now, thanks . . .
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #72 on: 16 May, 2015, 07:56:53 am »

Oscar's dad

« Reply #73 on: 16 May, 2015, 07:57:58 am »
Love to join you but:

1) I'd hobble you to 5mph average and the only way I'd reach The Romper would be inna truck

&

2) It clashes with 'Mum 'n Dad Time' which is a regular Tuesday night thang and I'm not after a trial separation or a divorce just now, thanks . . .

Shame!