Linked Events

• Derbyshire Pie Run VIII: 11 August, 2012

Author Topic: Derbyshire Pie Run VIII 11 August (VIII! Even Police Academy only did VII!)  (Read 14656 times)

Paul

• L'enfer, c'est les autos.
I don't think I've declared any interest in the ride on the thread yet, so to confirm, I'm in  :thumbsup:
That's v good news.
What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

Paul

Just a teeny bump. In case you missed this before.

Leisurely riding, fabulous weather*, car free roads*, a rainbow at every turn*, beer and pies.

(*Look, it's called "poetic licence", right?)

I am going to have to give a Gentlemans excuse me on this, as I am going to have to droop out on account of some hifi business.
I will however get my charts out and plot a course to see if it is feasible to get their directly about the same time.
Otherwise have a fun day and dont over pie or pint!
O'LEL what have I done!

Si

I will have to duck out too - afraid real life is getting in the way of bikes again.

Paul

Sorry to hear it, both, but this stuff happens.

BB, if you can only join us for the pie and the pint, that will still be worth it.

I think we'll also have Suzy with us on Sat (child-care allowing), and my neighbour Reg (who will be on my re-fettled Mercian).

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
Do we have a roll-call? And, if possible, an indication of whether you're riding from Derby station?

After a perusal of train timetables, I see that there are trains from Derby to Long Eaton at 1005, 1020 and 1024; journey time 9 mins for £3.90 single.  So if no-one cares to ride, I may hop on a train too. Otherwise, I'll be setting off from Derby station at 0930.
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

jogler

• mojo operandi
Do we have a roll-call? And, if possible, an indication of whether you're riding from Derby station?

I am attending but will not know untill Thursday evening if I'm catching a train to Derby(my preffered option).Is this too late to arrange to meet you at the station?

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
Sorry.
I have to rent a van.  Put stuff in it.  Drive it.  Take stuff out.  Put other stuff in and then drive it some more.

Great week end.  >:(
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Can you give any idea as to what time the ride will get back to Long Eaton railway station please?

Paul

4pm-ish. It depends a bit on whether we have a second stop. Is there a particular train/link you need to make?

After a perusal of train timetables, I see that there are trains from Derby to Long Eaton at 1005, 1020 and 1024; journey time 9 mins for £3.90 single.  So if no-one cares to ride, I may hop on a train too. Otherwise, I'll be setting off from Derby station at 0930.
I have my tickets for Derby booked and will arrive at 9.06. I'd appreciate a guide, but would also hop on a train to Long Eaton.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Ray 6701

• SO @ T
    • Tamworth cycling club
I'll get the 09:36 from Tamworth arrives L.E. 10:14 & see you at the station  :thumbsup:
SR 2010/11/12/13/14/15
RRTY. PBP. LeJoG 1400. LEL.

I should be there. I will try & behave.
Frenchie - Train à Grande Vitesse

Do you have previous?
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Can you give any idea as to what time the ride will get back to Long Eaton railway station please?

4pm-ish. It depends a bit on whether we have a second stop. Is there a particular train/link you need to make?

Loads and loads of ifs and buts.   I'm supposed to be in Bristol this weekend and my audax bike is in pieces undergoing a slow fettle.   My tourer, the bike I am currently riding needs me to set to and replace the clicking pedals but that doesn't stop me riding it.

Much as I would love to join you guys I think that the odds are not particularly favourable just now.   Sorry.    :(

Do you have previous?

no, he's never behaved. 

Can I go on the list as a possible?  It depends on life a bit, and I'm unlikely to make a decision till friday night, but it's a beautiful part of the world and I do like a pie....

Chris N

:thumbsup:  Be great to see you.

I'll be there too, maybe with +1.

Ray 6701

• SO @ T
    • Tamworth cycling club
I'm out already however as I've never made it to any of the pie runs  :(  I won't really be missed.
SR 2010/11/12/13/14/15
RRTY. PBP. LeJoG 1400. LEL.

Paul

... however as I've never made it to any of the pie runs  :(  I won't really be missed.

Not true.

Maybe you should keep next August free for DPR IX.

(DeePree? D Pricks?)

Paul

Sorry.
I have to rent a van.  Put stuff in it.  Drive it.  Take stuff out.  Put other stuff in and then drive it some more.

Great week end.  >:(

That's pants. I suppose I'll have to ride to the Country Girl again at some point.

Paul

Known, suspected or simply imagined attendees now listed in the OP.

jogler

• mojo operandi

I am attending but will not know untill Thursday evening if I'm catching a train to Derby(my preffered option).Is this too late to arrange to meet you at the station?

I'll be using the car:see you all at Long Eaton.

mrsmike is a probable +1..  see you there.

Paul

Noted both. See you all there.

It depends a bit on whether we have a second stop. Is there a particular train/link you need to make?

Stopping?! I thought we were eating the pies on the go, in between two sprints, Paul!  :demon:
Frenchie - Train à Grande Vitesse