Author Topic: Cycling World cover Nov 08  (Read 1308 times)

Cycling World cover Nov 08
« on: 22 December, 2008, 02:00:54 pm »
Slightly late and I don't have a scan ... but is it just me or in the cover picture suffering from some really odd photoshopping? The picture is of 5 people in a fairly loose group bikes cycling away from us through pleasant countryside. Nicely understated and non sporty. But look closer and I see:
Far left - does he have a U-lock in his front wheel?
Two on the right - each appears to have an extra pair of arms. In one case, with a spare set of handlebars.
Then count the wheels - I get 13!

Now, I'm sure plenty of magazines touch up the cover models a bit and everyone fixes stuff that just looks wrong. But, I think looks like they've swapped in some different riders! One of the nice things about cycling world is that it doesn't try to claim that you could look like this / you really want to buy this etc. and the riders we see fit this bill just fine. So, what were the original riders like? - can they only get pictures of over-muscly youths?

I'm failing to find the next issue at Smiths to see if this is a running joke, I've rarely noticed this sort of thing elsewhere ... or do all your eagle eyes see this all the time?