Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1755021 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #14025 on: 05 November, 2019, 10:43:39 am »
This is likely to happen next week, Wednesday and Thursday. Karen knows it’ll be dark.

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #14026 on: 05 November, 2019, 10:46:32 am »
Damn, I think I've got a hairdressing appointment, on both of those nights :-\

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14027 on: 05 November, 2019, 10:57:14 am »
I won’t tolerate any pathetic excuses just be there!

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #14028 on: 05 November, 2019, 11:00:28 am »
I don't want to be all fluffy topped on Telly :-[

Re: Mid-Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #14029 on: 05 November, 2019, 11:20:51 am »
Sorry, can't see the routes.  Could you please send a gpx or similar and I'll load it into the ACME club account on ride with gps and make the link available for all.

Cheers

Mr O, why don't you kick the series off whilst I am away on hols???

OK ... Here goes.  In the spirit of OD's above formula (i.e. more riding than drinking).

This Wednesday 26th, will be the inaugural (but OD-free) episode of the M-EMWNS.

Setting off from Witham Station around 6:30pm, and following this route (clicky) to the White Hart at Margaretting Tye (the route comes in at a spit over 17 miles).

Return route could either retrace, or take this slightly longer route (also clicky)

Bikely seems to be a bit flaky at the moment, so the above may take a few goes to load up.

Anyone pressed for time, or running out of legs could, instead, make for Chelmsford station (or even Shenfield) on the homeward route.
Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

josser

• ACME Landlord
  • AKA Orange Socks
    • Orange Socks
« Reply #14030 on: 05 November, 2019, 11:30:35 am »
Even I don’t go to The Compasses 3 times in a week...
You can’t just call time out and stroll on into the beach if you don’t like the way things are goin’.

« Reply #14031 on: 05 November, 2019, 12:18:02 pm »
What rate did you negotiate OD? Do we get a mileage allowance as well?

What's the plan to get everybody together in a groupette, given we would be travelling from different directions? Presumably the filming will be close to the Compasses next Wednesday?

All sounds rather interesting.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

« Reply #14032 on: 05 November, 2019, 02:04:20 pm »
Happy to be part of a peloton, but can't be seen on TV discussing Brexit or health very easily but quite happy to hire OD as my PR advisor...

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #14033 on: 05 November, 2019, 03:55:24 pm »
Even I don’t go to The Compasses 3 times in a week...

I do sometimes....

should be 5 times this week with Saturdays evening visit.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14034 on: 05 November, 2019, 05:13:12 pm »
Let’s ensure a good turnout tomorrow evening and we can discuss all the options. I said I’d get back to Karen @BBC on Thursday  :thumbsup:

« Reply #14035 on: 05 November, 2019, 05:48:39 pm »
I can do next week, as long as I can hide near the back with Toby's Dad.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14036 on: 05 November, 2019, 05:51:04 pm »
I can do next week, as long as I can hide near the back with Toby's Dad.

With your experience as a Thought Leader and holder of High Office?  :o

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14037 on: 05 November, 2019, 05:52:45 pm »
By the way, I think this is shaping up nicely, I'm overwhelmed by your collective enthusiasm, I knew you wouldn't let me us down  :-*

Oscar's dad

Re: Mid-Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #14038 on: 05 November, 2019, 05:55:32 pm »
Sorry, can't see the routes.  Could you please send a gpx or similar and I'll load it into the ACME club account on ride with gps and make the link available for all.

Cheers

Mr O, why don't you kick the series off whilst I am away on hols???

OK ... Here goes.  In the spirit of OD's above formula (i.e. more riding than drinking).

This Wednesday 26th, will be the inaugural (but OD-free) episode of the M-EMWNS.

Setting off from Witham Station around 6:30pm, and following this route (clicky) to the White Hart at Margaretting Tye (the route comes in at a spit over 17 miles).

Return route could either retrace, or take this slightly longer route (also clicky)

Bikely seems to be a bit flaky at the moment, so the above may take a few goes to load up.

Anyone pressed for time, or running out of legs could, instead, make for Chelmsford station (or even Shenfield) on the homeward route.

GS, these routes are lost in the internet mists of time.  I might however have them on an old laptop, would you like me to fire it up?

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #14039 on: 05 November, 2019, 06:53:24 pm »
I'm on late shift this week (hence stopping for lunch at the Spiritual Home), enjoy the beer and sausage festival.

I should be out to play next week.

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #14040 on: 05 November, 2019, 07:07:01 pm »
Hmmmm ... on further consideration, the D&B is nearly 30 miles each way for me. And the forecast is a bit cold and wet for tomorrow evening. And I need to be up early-ish on Thursday. I will probably do the support vehicle thing, at least part way; maybe drive there and take Huggy's inbound route to intercept.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #14041 on: 06 November, 2019, 11:22:15 am »
I have called the D&B to warn them of about 10 cyclists turning up for their Beer & Sausage festival this evening, mainly because there appeared to be limited space last week.  The landlord says they have reconfigured the seating area to make more available so shouldn't be a problem - they are expecting us at about 9pm.

For the sake of a slightly different route to the D&B and to give Tomsk a chance of a Cressing/Silver End & Ted a Layer interception here is a proposed route for the revisit.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

« Reply #14042 on: 06 November, 2019, 11:50:25 am »
Do they have a charging point for Cyborg Tomsk ?

Andy C33

• Beverage Procurement Officer.
« Reply #14043 on: 06 November, 2019, 11:53:30 am »
I have called the D&B to warn them of about 10 cyclists turning up for their Beer & Sausage festival this evening, mainly because there appeared to be limited space last week.  The landlord says they have reconfigured the seating area to make more available so shouldn't be a problem - they are expecting us at about 9pm.

For the sake of a slightly different route to the D&B and to give Tomsk a chance of a Cressing/Silver End & Ted a Layer interception here is a proposed route for the revisit.

The tour of Tiptree seems to be missing.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #14044 on: 06 November, 2019, 12:01:39 pm »
Do they have a charging point for Cyborg Tomsk ?
I didn't ask but we could hook him up to your dyno when you intercept somewhere near the Layers, a few kms of charge should be sufficient.

The tour of Tiptree seems to be missing.
That was a one-week only special (hopefully) not to be repeated this week.

« Reply #14045 on: 06 November, 2019, 12:04:28 pm »
Are you adding some "OD loops" to engineer a 9pm arrival ?  Obviously, the looping would start at the edge of Layer.

I anticipate intercepting at around the same time and place this evening.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14046 on: 06 November, 2019, 12:10:17 pm »
Are you adding some "OD loops" to engineer a 9pm arrival ?  Obviously, the looping would start at the edge of Layer.

And while we're having a moan about the route which dear huggy has taken the time and trouble to prepare for us can I ask why Pennsylvania Lane, Tiptree has been omitted???  >:(

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #14047 on: 06 November, 2019, 12:18:16 pm »
And while we're having a moan about the route which dear huggy has taken the time and trouble to prepare for us can I ask why Pennsylvania Lane, Tiptree has been omitted???  >:(
Because it's shit, full of pot holes, dark and wet. Not least, because it's my route that has allowed Pennsylvania Lane a very wide berth.  Anyway, I'm giving you the opportunity of not falling of your bike there again!

Nope, no OD loops.
And I hope you're not expecting to intercept at Salcott again coz we're not going that way, unless the collective of individuals decide to go that way.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14048 on: 06 November, 2019, 12:21:54 pm »
Because it's shit, full of pot holes, dark and wet. Not least, because it's my route that has allowed Pennsylvania Lane a very wide berth.  Anyway, I'm giving you the opportunity of not falling of your bike there again!

Sorry, I read what you've written several times and can't detect an ounce of commonsense in any of it.  Are you feeling OK? 

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #14049 on: 06 November, 2019, 01:00:23 pm »

Sorry, I read what you've written several times and can't detect an ounce of commonsense in any of it.  Are you feeling OK?
Is that Jacob Rees-Mogg common sense??