Author Topic: Powerpoint Footers  (Read 697 times)

Powerpoint Footers
« on: 15 January, 2021, 08:13:30 am »
I rarely do PP, but recently have had to. A simple question. How do I get a footer (which contains a date) such that when I change the date in one footer, all the other sync as well. Currently I'm manually changing the date each week, but the presentation is like Topsy, and it's getting tiresome.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
Re: Powerpoint Footers
« Reply #1 on: 15 January, 2021, 09:12:39 am »
You need to put it in the "master". Go to View>Slide Master.

But it's not very intuitive and it depends on how well your master (or template) was created. You may have different masters for List, picture layout slides etc.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #2 on: 15 January, 2021, 09:16:52 am »
If you have multiple masters, I’d set up one master and check it works, then copy the footer and paste it into the other masters.

If the date change is predictable, I’d investigate if it is possible to create a formula to output the date.

e.g. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_powerpoint-mso_other-mso_o365b/powerpoint-using-a-date-formula-on-the-slide/982ceb23-1ce0-4a00-8112-b7308233c445
It is simpler than it looks.

ian

« Reply #3 on: 15 January, 2021, 09:36:51 am »
Indeed, masters. And like styles and everything else, Microsoft made such a hash of them that no one uses them. Or if they do, in bizarre ways, so you change the master and then realise that they've only used it on one slide or created fifteen copies of the same master slide.