General Category > Audax

New and Deleted AUK Permanent Events

<< < (27/27)

FifeingEejit:
I've finally* found out how to obtain brevet cards and validation for my Moulin Muirs Perm 200km (NW01)

It's like the calendar event except you can pick which towns car park to start in.

Toons are
Newport-On-Tay
Auchterarder
Aberfeldy
Pitlochry
Alyth

Dinnae bash up the A9, there's 2 much nicer and considerably less likely to result in deth routes between Ballinluig and Pitlochry.

Amazingly there is an outdoor ATM at all of them, but in Alyth you have to go to the Scotmid Coop  not the Co-op group Coop for that.

Currently postal entry only.

* I either accidentally deleted the info or it got spam binned and I didn't notice before deleting it from there first time round.

Sent from my IV2201 using Tapatalk

αdαmsκι:
I've now set up Essex and Suffolk Estuaries 100 km as a perm, using the same controls as the calendar event. Here's the route on RideWithGPS: click. It's a great ride with amazing coastal views of Felixstowe and across the Stour estuary to either where you're heading or from where you've just been.

The calendar event starts at Manningtree train station, and whilst the perm can be started anywhere I would suggest trying to start in Manningtree because it's then two ~50 km loops, the first one out to Harwich Pier and the second loop is around Shotley Peninsula.

As per the calendar events there's two sections of concrete roads after the Suffolk Food Hall (~90 km), both of which IMO are fine on 23cc. They allow you to avoid two sections of A road.

£3 entry free, minimum speed of 12.5 km/h, validation by gpx or e brevet app. Routesheet and gpx can be downloaded from the AUK page.

FifeingEejit:
George Berwick has handed over his Perms to Craig Robertson, who is currently working through getting them available again.
If you have cards from George check with Craig about validity when it reappears as some are needing significant rework

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version