Random Musings > Gallery

Members' bikes

<< < (1819/1855) > >>

sg37409:
I was finding the gearing on my Croix de Fer not very optimal for me, so I changed to have a shimano 36/26 chains and I found a 2nd hand 11-speed cassette at a decent price. Its 11-23 so I've sacrificed big gears and really small gears to have many in the range I usually use, all on the big ring.  Its still a bit of an experiment but I enjoyed the choices available on a wet and very windy weekend. The CdF is a nice ride, and although this slows it down a bit I'm happy with that for now.

IMG_2485 by sg310, on Flickr

IMG_2484 by sg310, on Flickr

Oscar's dad:
Good work!  One of the many things I love about cycling is the ability to experiment for relatively modest amounts of money and faff.

giropaul:

--- Quote from: rogerzilla on 16 August, 2020, 05:41:26 pm ---Sold the Ron Cooper, which was too small, and bought this in heavily-retouched banana yellow.  Components moved across from the Cooper except for the bars, which I had, the Italian threaded 6400 BB, the Campag seatpost and the Nitto UI-12 stem from Japan.  A quill stem for 31.8 bars!

It will have STI at some point but I've set it up with bar-end shifters for now and left the cables a bit long so they can be reused.

Made in 1995 and originally sold by Vanheste in De Panne.

I'm thinking of having it painted in Team Telekom colours.

20200816_172222 by rogerzilla, on Flickr

20200816_172244 by rogerzilla, on Flickr

20200816_172318 by rogerzilla, on Flickr

20200816_172333 by rogerzilla, on Flickr

--- End quote ---

You’re probably aware, but that is Vlaanderen 2000 team finish. I’ve got an SLX one, with the original steel forks.

rogerzilla:
I didn't know that - I only know it's probably a 1995 frame.  I have an SLX fork for it from the same era but it needs a longer steerer brazing in (which I also have, SLX too!).

The original finish is really shot - it's more touch-up than original - so I'm going to get it repainted in Telekom colours like Olaf Ludwig's old ride: https://www.speedbicycles.ch/velo/533/eddy_merckx_titane_team_telekom_olaf_ludwig_1995.html

sojournermike:

--- Quote from: rogerzilla on 21 September, 2020, 07:17:57 am ---I didn't know that - I only know it's probably a 1995 frame.  I have an SLX fork for it from the same era but it needs a longer steerer brazing in (which I also have, SLX too!).

The original finish is really shot - it's more touch-up than original - so I'm going to get it repainted in Telekom colours like Olaf Ludwig's old ride: https://www.speedbicycles.ch/velo/533/eddy_merckx_titane_team_telekom_olaf_ludwig_1995.html

--- End quote ---

That really is lovely. Must have been quite early for a Ti frame - and maybe a bit noodly given the small pipes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version