Author Topic: Sometimes the courts work  (Read 2682 times)

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
Re: Sometimes the courts work
« Reply #1 on: 11 September, 2019, 05:23:32 pm »
Chap needs to be off the road for good.

Had this happen on a motorbike and the driver admitted deliberatly driving in to me, as in his words I had pushed ahead of him in the queue.

ian

« Reply #2 on: 11 September, 2019, 05:24:01 pm »
I do hope he let the DVLA know about his out-of-control diabetes.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #3 on: 11 September, 2019, 05:26:14 pm »

Lack of hypo awareness is a licence loser.

But I think it was a lie, going hyper can cause angry outbursts.

Think it is an excuse as he is just an utter cock and hasn't met someone else who would beat the living snot out of him.

« Reply #4 on: 11 September, 2019, 06:57:51 pm »
Not enough jail time or suspended lisence time, but it’s a start.  Did he have to pay a fine or compensation? You’d expect replacing the bike would be a minimum.
simplicity, truth, equality, peace

ian

« Reply #5 on: 11 September, 2019, 09:45:16 pm »
The sad – another sad – thing is that I can't help he wouldn't have picked this particular fight had he not had the benefit of a large SUV to empower him.

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #6 on: 27 October, 2019, 11:00:50 am »
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

pdm

• Sheffield hills? Nah... Just potholes.
« Reply #7 on: 27 October, 2019, 02:09:09 pm »
And now this...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-50082056

"The judge at Kelly's trial queried the practice of cyclists riding side-by-side on the open road. He said he did not agree that it was safe practice but noted that there were no authoritative views, only opinions."

The judge, despite his verdict, seems to be ignorant of the realities of the law and cycling safety too!

« Reply #8 on: 27 October, 2019, 05:35:16 pm »
In my view, the first sentence isn’t long enough. Given the lad survived without, we presume, serious injury perhaps actually serving 12 months would be more appropriate, plus the removal of his licence for 10 or 15 years until he grows up - retest required before reissue. I generally do OK in N Yorks, by had a Velar pass to close in traffic today and a Golf on a clear road.

The second case is perhaps more like it - at least he got a ban. Again though, I’d be inclined to make it a bit longer and require retests at every category he wishes to drive, together with some sort of ongoing points system so employers and insurers know what they’re getting.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #9 on: 29 October, 2019, 11:19:14 am »

Lack of hypo awareness is a licence loser.

But I think it was a lie, going hyper can cause angry outbursts.

Think it is an excuse as he is just an utter cock and hasn't met someone else who would beat the living snot out of him.

Diabetes is only notifiable if on insulin or other medication that could result in a hypo, which is not clear in the article. Both hypo and hyper will affect mental processes.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens