Author Topic: UFO sighting and other strange phenomena  (Read 3188 times)

RideHard

• The London Grimpeur
  • ACH Organiser
    • Steam Rides & Chiltern Grimpeurs
UFO sighting and other strange phenomena
« on: 04 October, 2019, 09:19:09 pm »
UFO sighting and other strange phenomena..  Where am I going with this, I bet you wonder! ::-)

We all know the surreal feeling, when not seeing your wheels touch ground, whilst cycling early in the morning mist… a kind of floating..

Image that feeling, only hugely magnified! I’ve experienced it a few times over the years.. :o

Recently, I was route checking The London Circuit 400 and cycling through a beautiful copse of trees..
 the road was empty, it grew dark as the trees pressed in..
suddenly daintily a large white 4 legged animal, pranced out and crossed the road in front of me…
Okay, it wasn’t a Unicorn, cause I was close enough to it.
But, almost as rare, a White Alibino Deer!

Similar White Stag https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_stag

Anybody want to share, before I let you in on the UFO story?   ;D
ACH SR: Dean 300; Steam Ride LOL 200; Quainton Express 100; University Challenge 600; London Circuit 400; C2C; Hadrian's Wall; Chiltern Pub Crawl; White Hart.   2022 AUK: ACH SR; Wessex SR; LEL; LeJog

Re: UFO sighting and other strange phenomena
« Reply #1 on: 04 October, 2019, 09:32:58 pm »
We saw an albino deer on a forum ride once. I can't remember where it was, but I remember pointing it out to Wowbagger.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

« Reply #2 on: 04 October, 2019, 09:43:26 pm »
Had quite a creepy experience on the back road from Drummore to Kirkmaiden in the Mull of Galloway some years ago. Nothing seen,  just felt hugely uncomfortable along a section of the lane and this on a bright sunny summers day. Local legends include tales of the Picts being forced off the headland and falling to their deaths at the end of the Mull, but that is some way from Drummore.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #3 on: 05 October, 2019, 12:53:50 am »
We saw an albino deer on a forum ride once. I can't remember where it was, but I remember pointing it out to Wowbagger.

That was a ride organised by Mike, and we pottered around the Essex/Herts border, including the Alpine bit neat Crishall.

I have seen albino fallow deer on several occasions whilst cycling about Essex. I don't think they are as rare as the OP believes. Deers' coloration can be very varied. The Essex ones tend to be quite dark with few markings. Most of those in Richmond Park seems to have the classical pale fawn with white dappling. I have also seen ginger coloured deer in Knowle Park in Kent.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #4 on: 05 October, 2019, 08:09:56 am »
An albino roe deer hung around a few k from here for a couple of years, maybe 10 years ago now.  Haven't seen one since.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #5 on: 05 October, 2019, 11:59:11 am »
Never seen a unicorn, but I'm certain I've seen a UFO.

About 40 years ago I was cycling home one dark evening from a friend's house, at about 9pm.  As I was stopped at some lights (even at that age I was a law abiding cyclist!), I idly looked up and noticed a light in the sky moving along.  Being an avid aviation enthusiast, I knew it wasn't a standard airliner as it wasn't following one of the normal airways paths.  It made a complete 90° turn without slowing or curving its path - it instantly switched directions and carried on with the same speed.  It didn't have any strobe lights and wouldn't have been a helicopter.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

RideHard

• The London Grimpeur
  • ACH Organiser
« Reply #6 on: 06 October, 2019, 05:38:08 pm »
An albino roe deer hung around a few k from here for a couple of years, maybe 10 years ago now.  Haven't seen one since.
Yeah, the way the Albino stag crossed the road, I tend to think he'd stick to the local vicinity. What was all the more shocking..
the name of the next village, outside which this took place!  :o

UFO sighting
On my way back from Ruislip Lido, Water's Edge, after riding in the Chilterns.. I take to A40 cycle-route, a fast route back to Ealing.
It was dusk, only this time, I could make out a LARGE shape object in the sky, just past the old Hoover factory and before Hanger Lane ...
As I neared, I slowed down in disbelief.. I was seeing a HUGE UFO..like in the movie with Will Smith.
No, something was wrong?! Had I drunk more than I thought? Was I hallucinating? Drugged? Had some sort of 'episode'...No!!!
What then ???

A huge Zepplin Airship, in the shape of a UFO!! Vulcan the owners of a storage facility on the A40 near Hanger Lane, had floated this GIANT BLIMP above their building!
They soon took it down though.. I guess the Police must have received a few calls, LOL!
There's a drive thru KFC/Starbucks there now ;-)

ACH SR: Dean 300; Steam Ride LOL 200; Quainton Express 100; University Challenge 600; London Circuit 400; C2C; Hadrian's Wall; Chiltern Pub Crawl; White Hart.   2022 AUK: ACH SR; Wessex SR; LEL; LeJog

RideHard

• The London Grimpeur
  • ACH Organiser
« Reply #7 on: 11 November, 2019, 08:04:34 pm »
Someone else managed to video a UFO whilst out riding..
https://www.facebook.com/didier.krebs.7528/videos/172709560549180/

I've planned a ride in June, where riders get to sight as many 'White Harts' as they can on The White Hart 200, inspired after sighting The White Hart :-)

https://audax.uk/event-details?eventId=8677

« Reply #8 on: 11 November, 2019, 11:00:14 pm »
Albino deer are not uncommon in the New Forest. Sadly they are the first to be culled as their prescence shows the whereabouts of the herd to would be poachers.
Reine de la Fauche

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #9 on: 12 November, 2019, 02:06:24 pm »
I may well have mentioned this in anther part of the forum some years ago.

I had been drinking in the pub on Foulness Island in (probably) 1980 or 1981. It was glorious summer and there were about 6 of us from my teaching colleagues who cycled over there. As we headed back, on our way to order a takeaway, there was still quite a bit of light in the sky but it was after sunset - 10.30 may well have been closing time then.

Just at the point when we crossed the bridge back onto the mainland the brightest natural object I had ever seen, apart from the moon and the sun, flashed across from eastern to western horizons in the matter of no more than 3 seconds. Just before it disappeared it seemed to sputter and break up.

The following morning I read in the paper that a meteorite had landed - in Cardiff.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.