Author Topic: You know you think about cycling too much when...  (Read 2678 times)

ABlipInContinuity

You know you think about cycling too much when...
« on: 12 June, 2008, 09:32:24 am »
...your nightmares are about snapping the frames of your favourite bikes

chris

• (aka chris)
Re: You know you think about cycling too much when...
« Reply #1 on: 12 June, 2008, 02:52:40 pm »
A few years ago at the Tandem Club annual rally in Derbyshire, yellow-ceitidh was sleeping above the drivers cab in our camper van. At about three o'clock in the morning, I was woken up by a rhymic knocking sound coming from inside the camper van. It was yellow-ceitidh pedalling in her sleep and kicking the roof of the camper van. That's how  know yellow-ceitidh had been cycling too much!

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #2 on: 12 June, 2008, 03:00:29 pm »
A few years ago at the Tandem Club annual rally in Derbyshire, yellow-ceitidh was sleeping above the drivers cab in our camper van. At about three o'clock in the morning, I was woken up by a rhymic knocking sound coming from inside the camper van. It was yellow-ceitidh pedalling in her sleep and kicking the roof of the camper van. That's how  know yellow-ceitidh had been cycling too much!

Like my old dog that chased rabbits in it sleep.

outwith

« Reply #3 on: 12 June, 2008, 03:01:05 pm »
It began to rain.  Visibility was poor.  I needed lights.  I can't reach the switch of the rear light without getting off.  I began looking for a safe place to pull in and stop.  Then I remembered I was driving the car.

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #4 on: 12 June, 2008, 03:05:31 pm »
While walking along a pavement, I looked behind me (no bad thing) before signalling right then crossing the road.  :-[

gonzo

« Reply #5 on: 12 June, 2008, 03:10:11 pm »
You slipsteam others and then attack coming out of corners...in the supermarket!

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #6 on: 12 June, 2008, 03:16:10 pm »
You slipsteam others and then attack coming out of corners...in the supermarket!

Man its war and you take no prisonners.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #7 on: 12 June, 2008, 03:25:38 pm »
You twist your heals out to unclip as you come to a stop, in the car....
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #8 on: 12 June, 2008, 04:49:03 pm »
You twist your heals out to unclip as you come to a stop, in the car....

... or try to point out potholes to the following vehicles.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #9 on: 12 June, 2008, 05:17:49 pm »
You know you tandem too much when you check behind and call 'clear'... on the back of a motorbike.

:-[

« Reply #10 on: 12 June, 2008, 05:37:59 pm »
While walking along a pavement, I looked behind me (no bad thing) before signalling right then crossing the road.  :-[

Phew--I thought I was the only one who did this. Well, I don't signal when walking.  :)
scottclark.photoshelter.com

« Reply #11 on: 12 June, 2008, 06:57:36 pm »
When a fit member of the opposite sex cycles by and you can tell the model of the bike, groupset and personal modifications, but cannot  describe the person.

alan

« Reply #12 on: 12 June, 2008, 07:01:17 pm »
When a fit member of the opposite sex cycles by and you can tell the model of the bike, groupset and personal modifications, but cannot  describe the person.
Coincidently Marj was saying exactly this about me to one of her friends just this evening.
I didn't dispute the accuracy of the comment :)