Author Topic: Balls out HR?  (Read 2087 times)

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
Balls out HR?
« on: 09 June, 2008, 07:04:40 pm »
I haven't been on the bike in a week due to being abroad so this morning I was feeling quite fresh on the bike and well just went for it. The whole pre-commute ride was noticibly faster and on the embankment I managed a top speed of 34mph for a few hundred yards, head down going balls out, and 209bpm :o Is my HRM broken? Granted it's a cheapo one but it's done me proud so far. My highest bpm previous to today was 186, with an average cycling rate of 160 with a resting hr of 68. My heart was trying to pop out my chest but I did have the biggest grin on my face.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Re: Balls out HR?
« Reply #1 on: 09 June, 2008, 07:07:06 pm »
I can only get to about 195bpm cycling, no matter how hard I try, but I can get to 205bpm running.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #2 on: 09 June, 2008, 07:10:20 pm »
So I'm not in any chance of a heart attack or something?
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #3 on: 09 June, 2008, 07:11:28 pm »
So I'm not in any chance of a heart attack or something?

That makes it sound as though you're trying. :o
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #4 on: 09 June, 2008, 07:17:23 pm »
Not trying to give myself a heart attack, I was trying to see how far I could push it on the bike before the bike or my legs gave out. At that speed I was spinning out :( I need to get back out on Freyja.

Support Equilibrium