Author Topic: New 2016 brompton roller wheels (eazy wheels obsolete?)  (Read 2466 times)

New 2016 brompton roller wheels (eazy wheels obsolete?)
« on: 02 April, 2016, 10:18:45 pm »
http://brilliantbikes.co.uk/brompton-rollers/2303-brompton-roller-single-with-rack.html

Its sounds a bit like eazy wheels are now obsolete (I couldn't find an option in the BikeBuilder)...

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
Re: New 2016 brompton roller wheels (eazy wheels obsolete?)
« Reply #1 on: 02 April, 2016, 11:36:24 pm »
Cheaper than carbon fibre ones.
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2 on: 02 April, 2016, 11:50:50 pm »
http://brilliantbikes.co.uk/brompton-rollers/2303-brompton-roller-single-with-rack.html

Its sounds a bit like eazy wheels are now obsolete (I couldn't find an option in the BikeBuilder)...

I believe that's the idea.  Not sure how these compare to the easy wheels (particularly when it comes to ankle strike for large-footed riders), but they're clearly a huge improvement on the useless standard rollers.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #3 on: 04 April, 2016, 08:38:19 pm »
It was calf strike in my case (my right calf is stupidly overdeveloped as I am so right-legged).  Flayed all the skin off on a 10 mile ride, and it took months to regrow properly.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #4 on: 10 April, 2016, 08:17:22 pm »
The new rollers are a bit wider than eazi wheels (very very  approx almost 1.5 it looked to me) so unless they underhang over the frame mounts(unable to check), they will be not quite as good as eazy wheels:

but if eazi wheels are withdrawn surely they would need to be as good to ankles... someone (else) needs to measure both types width  and compare.....  :)