Author Topic: The Good News Thread  (Read 1164758 times)

Deborah

Re: The Good News Thread
« Reply #1975 on: 20 February, 2010, 06:59:49 pm »
;)

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #1976 on: 20 February, 2010, 07:38:31 pm »
I've finally got round to dying my hair again.  Fingers crossed for a sophisticated 'nearly black' look in fifteen minutes to replace the 'nearly grey' that I was sporting earlier.

« Reply #1977 on: 20 February, 2010, 07:47:35 pm »
I've finally got round to dying my hair again.  Fingers crossed for a sophisticated 'nearly black' look in fifteen minutes to replace the 'nearly grey' that I was sporting earlier.
Good luck :). I always end up with 'really purple' when I aim for that look ;D. Actually when I aim for any look that isn't light ginger or blond. My hair seems to like being purple.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

« Reply #1978 on: 20 February, 2010, 08:00:45 pm »
Quote from: Marbeaux
Have given this a great deal of thought and decided not to contribute to any further Threads for the time being.
POTD. (decade) :thumbsup:

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #1979 on: 20 February, 2010, 08:54:22 pm »
It's gone darker brown.  And a bit shinier.  That'll do.  :)

« Reply #1980 on: 20 February, 2010, 08:57:43 pm »
 :D That sounds nice.

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #1981 on: 22 February, 2010, 09:39:57 am »
I've been asked to present at a conference that one of our clients is hosting for their staff. :D

In Bannf. :D

The one in Alberta :D

Where there is a metre of snow

And I have 2 spare days before I need to be in Toronto :smug:

Only downside is that last week I thought "my passport is full and I have no travel coming up" and I sent it for renewal :facepalm:. Hopefully they can beat the '3 week turnround'

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #1982 on: 22 February, 2010, 05:33:47 pm »

Only downside is that last week I thought "my passport is full and I have no travel coming up" and I sent it for renewal :facepalm:. Hopefully they can beat the '3 week turnround'

Well I phoned the passport office to see if I could upgrade from the standard service to 'next day'

"Sorry sir we can't do that because your passport has already been sent back to you" :)

And it arrived this afternoon by courier

So a big :thumbsup: for the Passport Office - a renewal in less that a week :)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #1983 on: 22 February, 2010, 11:19:34 pm »
I spoke to my younger son this evening. He's off to a conference in Grenoble in June where he is going to present a paper on the relationship between the nuclear industry and renewables and the Government's treatment thereof (my paraphrasing - he didn't tell me the precise title).
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #1984 on: 23 February, 2010, 07:40:18 am »

Well I phoned the passport office to see if I could upgrade from the standard service to 'next day'

"Sorry sir we can't do that because your passport has already been sent back to you" :)

And it arrived this afternoon by courier

So a big :thumbsup: for the Passport Office - a renewal in less that a week :)

I've always found the Passport Office fantastic.  I've actually had a passport renewed in under a week - and without paying for any extras.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #1985 on: 23 February, 2010, 09:25:02 am »
My previous passport was done in 45 minutes for no extra charge. They did get the name wrong though. The second one with the correct name took 15 minutes.

(But it did mean queuing up at Petty France from 6am to be at the front of the queue.)
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #1986 on: 23 February, 2010, 11:49:44 am »
My N900 arrived yesterday.  Shiny. :)

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #1987 on: 23 February, 2010, 03:09:34 pm »
Moaned at easyBus and how 3 off their drivers behaved and got a reply back today.

One have left, one received final written warring and one was pulled from service and has undergone training and is now back in service undergoing spot checks.

So it does sometimes help to moan.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #1988 on: 23 February, 2010, 10:07:41 pm »
At lunchtime I went to the cashpoint and withdrew £20, then went to Tesco and spent nearly £10. Tonight, coming home from my silver class, I decided I had a craving for rice pudding and tinned pineapple, so nipped into the corner shop at the end of Montagu Street. It's not my nearest corner shop and I bet I've only been in it about 5 times in 8 years, so it's not like they know me. I got two pots of rice pudding and a tin of pineapple and went to the till - only to find I had about 80p in change and no tenner. I said oh no, I'm sorry, I thought I had a tenner, I've no money, I'll put them back on the shelves, but he let me take them anyway and told me to bring the money next time I'm passing.

I found the tenner when I got home. I must have dropped it when I was rooting through my purse for bus fare.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #1989 on: 23 February, 2010, 10:20:22 pm »
Rice pubbing and tinned pineapple.   Scrummy  :P   8)

« Reply #1990 on: 24 February, 2010, 08:19:28 am »
When I got back to the office from a site visit, I realised I was no longer wearing my ruby ring (inherited from my mother).  It was only the second time I'd worn it and I knew it was loose  :facepalm:
I went down to the car park and found it on the ground behind my car.  I must have dropped it when I was putting stuff in the boot on the way out as it was a little bent, presumably I ran over it on the way back, but otherwise in one piece!
Now safely in my bag to go to the jeweller!   :)
@SandyV1 on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/SandyV1

« Reply #1991 on: 24 February, 2010, 11:21:04 am »
Bonus and pay rise!  :thumbsup:

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #1992 on: 24 February, 2010, 11:57:29 am »
Well dinners on you tomorrow night! :p

I have a new personal best. 19.6 Miles in just over an hour.

I did have the mother of all nosebleeds and stuck in bed today as a result but damnit it was worth it. I just wanted to ride and hard.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #1993 on: 24 February, 2010, 12:27:14 pm »
Good news Valiant :)

But don't push too hard, you and Peli are very much alike when it comes to pushing hard too early.

See you tomorrow :)

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #1994 on: 24 February, 2010, 12:27:39 pm »

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #1995 on: 24 February, 2010, 12:29:17 pm »
Bonus and pay rise!  :thumbsup:
n+1 ?

Hah! In your house I think it's more currently like N+16
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #1996 on: 24 February, 2010, 12:34:14 pm »
naa only n+12 :)

But what is more important is that she have more bikes than me, so it should be n+2 for me and then we are even.

« Reply #1997 on: 24 February, 2010, 08:46:29 pm »
naa only n+12 :)

But what is more important is that she have more bikes than me, so it should be n+2 for me and then we are even.
You need a nice tandem :thumbsup:

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #1998 on: 24 February, 2010, 08:49:10 pm »
I am going to show Mr R this page.  He complains that with 6 bikes in the house there are too many...  ::-)
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #1999 on: 24 February, 2010, 08:49:49 pm »
I'd like a tandem, but Woolly isn't keen on the idea.
Fingers crossed that I get my unpaid leave request approved so we can spend it on a cycle tour in Oz and NZ (not looking too likely at the moment, sadly).