Author Topic: [LEL17] Tips if the weather is very wet  (Read 13543 times)

simonp

Re: Tips if the weather is very wet
« Reply #75 on: 27 July, 2017, 03:04:40 pm »
Where do you get dry ish from? yr.no says very wet in Eskdalemuir Monday and Tuesday.

« Reply #76 on: 27 July, 2017, 03:16:10 pm »
Where do you get dry ish from? yr.no says very wet in Eskdalemuir Monday and Tuesday.

metoffice.gov.uk shows a 40% chance of rain between 10am and 7pm on Tuesday in Eskdalemuir on Tuesday, and only 10% at other times. Similar on Monday. So the odds are in favour of dry  :)

In practice I think it'll be mixed, with some rain. Maybe a lot of rain. There's only one way to find out ...

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

simonp

« Reply #77 on: 27 July, 2017, 03:22:06 pm »
IME 40% means you will get wet.

simonp

« Reply #78 on: 27 July, 2017, 03:40:40 pm »
Wednesday - Thursday could be interesting. Met Office outlook:

"We are likely to see a low pressure system push in from the Atlantic on Wednesday, bringing a spell of wet and windy weather to some western parts of the United Kingdom, spreading to all parts on Thursday."

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #79 on: 27 July, 2017, 04:31:03 pm »

"We are likely to see a low pressure system push in from the Atlantic on Wednesday, bringing a spell of wet and windy weather to some western parts of the United Kingdom, spreading to all parts on Thursday."

I would imagine you'd be finished by late Weds/early Thurs?  As a late starter I will be spending the whole of Thurs on the road

Anyway - that is all a week from now so is wild speculation

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #80 on: 27 July, 2017, 04:39:34 pm »

I see yr.no giving Eskdalemuir as pretty rainy the whole time.  So fair doos I didn't see that.  I am hoping that actually means showers for the most part but yeah it will be wet

Thirsk and Brampton are predicted to be less rainy and as they are quite hot there is a chance of dry roads

simonp

« Reply #81 on: 27 July, 2017, 06:12:09 pm »

I would imagine you'd be finished by late Weds/early Thurs?  As a late starter I will be spending the whole of Thurs on the road

Anyway - that is all a week from now so is wild speculation

I do hope to finish with several hours or more in hand - 100h would take me to 11.30am on Thursday.