Author Topic: RIP John Noakes  (Read 5840 times)

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
Re: RIP John Noakes
« Reply #25 on: 30 May, 2017, 10:29:17 am »
Probably not. Most Yorkshiremen don't need to be miked.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #26 on: 30 May, 2017, 12:26:06 pm »
We had to make do with Simon Groom

Oh dear...oh dear, oh dear.  It's as if Biddy Baxter scoured the nation for the one person least suited to presenting live TV.  He was desperately dreadful.
Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.

« Reply #27 on: 30 May, 2017, 12:41:33 pm »
I used to like Simon Groom. A bit dour perhaps, but I liked him none the less.

Janet Ellis on the other hand, caused me to ruin lots of perfectly wearable socks....
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #28 on: 30 May, 2017, 02:07:16 pm »
That line up of Dr Who character, lady who allegedly enjoyed pink musical instruments and Noakes was my childhood. Peter Duncan and his repeated whimping-out, and Simon "Sorry, I've dried; can I have the script?" (yes, really--live) were not the same thing at all.

The only time it caught my attention in later years was when I turned on my TV on coming in from work, and found the programme starting with a view of Stanage. They had Zoe Brown on, Joe's daughter, who had taken one of the New Boys up some routes, and when she was interviewed (live) on the sofa, she spent the whole time staring at the presenter's crotch.
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #29 on: 30 May, 2017, 02:15:07 pm »

Janet Ellis on the other hand, caused me to ruin lots of perfectly wearable socks....

You poor sod, you're just too young. Kid's TV was at its best in the 70s and has gone downhill ever since.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #30 on: 30 May, 2017, 04:55:03 pm »
That line up of Dr Who character, lady who allegedly enjoyed pink musical instruments and Noakes was my childhood. Peter Duncan and his repeated whimping-out, and Simon "Sorry, I've dried; can I have the script?" (yes, really--live) were not the same thing at all.

The only time it caught my attention in later years was when I turned on my TV on coming in from work, and found the programme starting with a view of Stanage. They had Zoe Brown on, Joe's daughter, who had taken one of the New Boys up some routes, and when she was interviewed (live) on the sofa, she spent the whole time staring at the presenter's crotch.
Zoe Ball or Sam Brown?
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

spindrift

« Reply #31 on: 30 May, 2017, 05:23:11 pm »

You poor sod, you're just too young. Kid's TV was at its best in the 70s and has gone downhill ever since.

Jenny Hanley pisses over shitting elephants.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #32 on: 30 May, 2017, 05:48:11 pm »

Jenny Hanley pisses over shitting elephants.

I never got into Magpie. I did have a crush on Lesley Judd though.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #33 on: 02 June, 2017, 11:20:59 am »
When I was at college some of my dim witted fellow students thought I looked like John Noakes and at regular intervals would shout "Get down Shep!" in my general direction thinking they were taking the piss. Little did they know John Noakes was a hero of mine and I took their taunts as a compliment.

One of the highlights of Christmas in the 70s was getting a copy of the latest Blue Peter album so I could re-live John's exploits from the year just gone. His 5 mile free fall with the Red Devils was a favourite.

RIP John  :'(

Pretty sure I still have that book somewhere...
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #34 on: 02 June, 2017, 12:26:57 pm »
No idea what happened to my copies  :(

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #35 on: 03 June, 2017, 10:56:25 pm »

Zoe Ball or Sam Brown?
Zoe Brown. I have met Sam Brown (once) and Zoe Brown (frequently)

THIS Joe Brown:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-mOdujIF4zrg/Tr5DJrcHiuI/AAAAAAAACU8/2S4dwAEFIHM/s1600/Joe+Brown%252C+Dangler.jpg
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i