Author Topic: Lightweight randonneur bike  (Read 10146 times)

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Re: Lightweight randonneur bike
« Reply #50 on: 22 July, 2017, 09:16:57 am »
It is kind of silly to have a switch for dyno head and tail lights when a Senso headlight takes care of the whole problem automatically.

To a point, Lord Cooper:  There's been a trend amongst more recent B&M lights[1] to have the sensor switch automagically between "daylight be-seen" and "night time illumination" modes, rather than between 'on' and 'off'.

It is lighter and simpler to not have a separate switch and there are plenty of good headlights (including other Cyo models) that don't have a daylight running mode.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Lightweight randonneur bike
« Reply #51 on: 22 July, 2017, 01:31:09 pm »
It is lighter and simpler to not have a separate switch and there are plenty of good headlights (including other Cyo models) that don't have a daylight running mode.

Absolutely, although when I bought it the 'T' version was the only Cyo Premium that anyone had in stock (I reckoned it didn't matter, since it was going on the Brompton anyway).  It'll be a shame if all the newer lights end up with a daylight mode like the IQ-X, as that negates the main benefit of the sensor.  I suspect that's the way things are going for marketing reasons.