Author Topic: Tan Hill overnighter - Friday 18/08/17  (Read 4807 times)

Re: Tan Hill overnighter - Friday 18/08/17
« Reply #25 on: 21 August, 2017, 11:52:36 pm »
A few photos. I reckon we should do the same again in October or thereabouts to pick up mrcharly, boab, Mr Smith, tiermat and anyone else who couldn't make it.

[L-R - Dale, Karla, Debs, Andy, Anita, lovely Mike

« Reply #26 on: 22 August, 2017, 08:22:31 am »
All photos taken in the 5min it didn't rain? Or are you claiming it didn't rain (it was bucketing down in York on Fri)?

Looks great, I'm definitely up for a go in Oct.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #27 on: 22 August, 2017, 02:41:10 pm »
Glorious sunshine all the way up for me/Dean/Debs. I have the sunburn to prove it. Only started raining about 10pm I think.

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #28 on: 22 August, 2017, 02:54:59 pm »
It was dry when I left York at 6, got to Darlo at 6:45 and got to the inn at 9:30, so you must have been unlucky Mr C.

« Reply #29 on: 23 August, 2017, 06:37:13 pm »
Oooh lovely pics.  I have a bit of a hankering to cycle to the inn sometime, but approaching from the west i.e. a WCML station. When I've got PB lined up for this too, it would be great to meet up with you est coast folks at the inn in October.

« Reply #30 on: 23 August, 2017, 11:40:56 pm »
Oooh lovely pics.  I have a bit of a hankering to cycle to the inn sometime, but approaching from the west i.e. a WCML station. When I've got PB lined up for this too, it would be great to meet up with you est coast folks at the inn in October.

Part of the thinking of this trip is that it's accessible from a few different directions, caters to different budgets in regards to accommodation and that it does beer. Lots of beer. Hopefully see you there!

« Reply #31 on: 23 August, 2017, 11:43:30 pm »
October, then? I've asked boab when she fancies it.

PS Penrith or Kirkby Stephen work from the west - Kirkby Stephen's the closest and it's a climb, but you'll generally have a tailwind..

In fact, I'll start a poll.

« Reply #33 on: 24 August, 2017, 01:07:16 pm »

I'm more likely to agree with a rail assist to Kirkby Stephen or perhaps Appleby.   Penrith looks vaguely doable though if we're hostelling.

« Reply #34 on: 24 August, 2017, 07:17:58 pm »

I'm more likely to agree with a rail assist to Kirkby Stephen or perhaps Appleby.   Penrith looks vaguely doable though if we're hostelling.
Rail to Penrith for us, then a bed of some kind at the inn not requiring dragging uphill :thumbsup:

« Reply #35 on: 24 August, 2017, 07:32:40 pm »

Rail to Penrith for us, then a bed of some kind at the inn not requiring dragging uphill :thumbsup:

Made your mind up then?