Author Topic: Pages border issue  (Read 1396 times)

Clare

• Is in NZ
Pages border issue
« on: 27 October, 2017, 08:24:31 pm »
I am trying to edit a document in Pages, the document has a border on every page. Every time I try to import an image to a page the image ends up with the border around it and the border has disappeared from the edge of the page.

I want an image without a border on a page with a border.

What am I doing wrong?

Re: Pages border issue
« Reply #1 on: 28 October, 2017, 08:50:48 am »
Using a word processor for DTP, it allways ends in tears. Mind you this should be doable even the spawn of Stan that is Word can do that kind of thing. An Apple person will be along shortly.

I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

Clare

• Is in NZ
Re: Pages border issue
« Reply #2 on: 28 October, 2017, 10:45:42 am »
Don't get me started on the problems of DTP via the conduit of what is, effectively, a jumped up typewriter!

[RANT]
Unfortunately I inherited this document due to the person who started it (in Word 2007) claiming they had no time to finish it. It has 64 pages, each with a twee dotted border around the page and each border has been set separately so I can't even just click one button and be rid of the lot of them. I am not allowed to change the style of the whole document so I am stuck with finishing a document that makes the delicate little elves who came with my Mac Mini stick their fingers in their ears and go "lalalalalalalaaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhh"
[/RANT]

rr, I think I mean a border as it is a line of dots all round the page (for all I know of my predecessor's style it might be a text box with a border!).

Anyway I had a moment of genius think after a couple of beers last night and I have solved the issue by opening a new page (without any borders, text boxes or other assorted shite), dragging the image into the new page, shrinking it to size and then dragging it into the page it should be on.

I think the problem was that when I first imported the image it was so large that it touched the border on one side and I guess the border snapped to the image.

I say this every time:

I AM NEVER FINISHING SOMEBODY ELSE'S BOOK AGAIN.

Do remind me of this next time  :-\

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
Pages border issue
« Reply #3 on: 28 October, 2017, 11:22:30 am »
It has 64 pages, each with a twee dotted border around the page and each border has been set separately so I can't even just click one button and be rid of the lot of them.

The ideal solution to this kind of situation is to send the bears round, with specific instructions to make their death as slow and painful as possible.

Anyway I had a moment of genius think after a couple of beers last night and I have solved the issue by opening a new page (without any borders, text boxes or other assorted shite), dragging the image into the new page, shrinking it to size and then dragging it into the page it should be on.

This sounds like it is probably the best workaround.

You could also copy&paste it all into a text editor, save it as plain text then paste the plain text into a new Pages document formatted to your taste, then add the images, then add the borders. But maybe that’s too much extra work.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."