Author Topic: Ever taken a bike on a bus?  (Read 4598 times)

Re: Ever taken a bike on a bus?
« Reply #25 on: 09 January, 2018, 01:53:10 am »

« Reply #26 on: 11 January, 2018, 09:26:24 pm »
A few years back trains to Bath were terminting at Trowbridge due to engineering works with a replacement bus service in place. My jourent was on a Saturday evening (heading to the start of the Exmouth Exodus). The rail service Website said no bikes on the bus which the bus driver happily ignored. His only stipulation was max 1 bike per trip. There were two of us so I let the lady with the hybrid bike have the place. I could have waited 20 minutes and gone on the next trip but decided a ride over Coombe Down would be a bit of fun. I did make sure I thanked the driver anyway, it's nice to meet people  prepared to take a common sense approach to the rules.

« Reply #27 on: 12 January, 2018, 05:46:18 pm »
In 2007, when a combination of 40+C heat and an extra arse grown due to the Brooks saddle I had on my Birdy, I hopped on a bus from Linz to Mauthausen in Austria. I folded the Birdy, but didn't need to, as there were bike spaces at the front of the bus.

Talking of which, when we travelled back on the train to Passau, there was a whole carriage devoted to cyclists. One side was taken up by bike hanging racks, the other side by fold-down seating. There was also plenty of space for panniers, etc. I paid 25 Euros for a 3-hour journey. I thought this was each, but it turned out to be the fare for the three of us and three bikes. All in all, a 3-hour journey.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.