Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1737351 times)

Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #11250 on: 24 September, 2017, 08:44:10 am »
Forward plan shows Blackmore on 27th Sept, and Goldhanger the following week. Could I request these are switched around, as Blackmore is in reach for me but I am not available this Wednesday?

Not to worry if there's other reasons for having them the current way around.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #11251 on: 24 September, 2017, 01:11:51 pm »
Forward plan shows Blackmore on 27th Sept, and Goldhanger the following week. Could I request these are switched around, as Blackmore is in reach for me but I am not available this Wednesday?

Adjusted - Goldhanger this week chaps! (Ted will be happy! )  :thumbsup:
Regards,

Joergen

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #11252 on: 24 September, 2017, 05:27:23 pm »

Hooray, I might make it this week, first two in a row since 1964, will be good to see ted, I'm missing his souplesse.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #11253 on: 24 September, 2017, 05:56:01 pm »

Hooray, I might make it this week, first two in a row since 1964, will be good to see ted, I'm missing his souplesse.

Souplesse is my word of the day - I've just Googled it.  Tomsk has good souplesse.

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #11254 on: 25 September, 2017, 08:08:03 am »
Goldhanger - definitely on a further orbit of the Dunmow Planetary System...I may have just the one and head back. I'm ECE-ing the Suffolk Byways on Saturday to a 300, with a horribly early start, so...

« Reply #11255 on: 25 September, 2017, 08:11:20 am »

Many thanks  :thumbsup:

Hopefully you'll be able to extent it to a 200km, given that you seem to be stuck on 98 points.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #11256 on: 25 September, 2017, 09:23:23 am »
Hopefully you'll be able to extent it to a 200km, given that you seem to be stuck on 98 points.

I thought Mr Whippy had 99?
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

« Reply #11257 on: 25 September, 2017, 09:26:29 am »
I might even make it 2 in a row this week!

How Many of us are riding the Suffolk Byways now? My Plan is still to get the 7:06 from Colchester to Ipswich and riding up from there. That should have me in Blaxhall around 8:30ish. Where do you're routes take you Tomsk/Jibbers? I'm still considering riding the whole way up and a potential intercept for some company might swing it for me.

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #11258 on: 25 September, 2017, 09:50:40 am »

I thought Mr Whippy had 99?

99, 'cos I've been given one extra point I don't deserve, so 97, but I've ridden a DIY 200 so 99. I must ride another, I can't be Mr Whippy for a whole year :-\

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #11259 on: 25 September, 2017, 12:02:01 pm »

How Many of us are riding the Suffolk Byways now? My Plan is still to get the 7:06 from Colchester to Ipswich and riding up from there. That should have me in Blaxhall around 8:30ish. Where do you're routes take you Tomsk/Jibbers? I'm still considering riding the whole way up and a potential intercept for some company might swing it for me.

I'm still playing with routes and with half an eye on staying over Friday night (train to woodbridge is only £14) and then riding back Saturday after the event - I've got a couple of routes and I'm keen to avoid Wivenhoe etc as it feels like I've ridden through that area a fair bit in the last 3 months! 

https://ridewithgps.com/events/43091-the-suffolk-byways-ece

I think route 3 is more A137 than route 4 (though 4 might appear quieter, it has 50m more climbing)
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #11260 on: 25 September, 2017, 12:32:44 pm »
oh yeah, forgot about the Friday night plan. I'm still in 2 minds about the best way to get home and the weather and time will probably decide it in the end but I might join you to Ipswich.

« Reply #11261 on: 25 September, 2017, 01:00:26 pm »

, will be good to see ted, I'm missing his souplesse.

I am missing your souplesse even more, it's the only reason I spend so long on your wheel  O:-)

Goldhanger is good but I will have to see - I am hosting our beer festival tonight and tomorrow and at a golf thing Friday/Friday night so working hard this week.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #11262 on: 25 September, 2017, 01:33:05 pm »
oh yeah, forgot about the Friday night plan. I'm still in 2 minds about the best way to get home and the weather and time will probably decide it in the end but I might join you to Ipswich.

Weather currently looking OK for next weekend according to the Norwegians but there's 5 days between now and then!
Regards,

Joergen

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #11263 on: 26 September, 2017, 02:37:06 pm »

ECE to 300km...leaving 03:00...gulp! Via Sudbury, Needham Market [ie Dun Run route] then across to Blaxhall via Wickham Market [B1078]. 101km each way.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #11264 on: 26 September, 2017, 02:58:08 pm »
In other news BJ is ready to roll with his new (pre-loved) back wheel courtesy of Christophe so I'm now in winter / fixed mode - heaven help me  ::-)  Fred is on standby shod with heavy weight wheels and boots should gears or load carrying be required before spring.

And I have entered all the ACME winter series rides.  It would appear summer is well and truly over  :-\

« Reply #11265 on: 26 September, 2017, 04:27:59 pm »
ECE to 300km...leaving 03:00...gulp! Via Sudbury, Needham Market [ie Dun Run route] then across to Blaxhall via Wickham Market [B1078]. 101km each way.

3am is keen  ;D I think that was similar to my Stevenage ride last year. Nice time of year to be on the road early though. I'm still toying with train assist or riding the whole way there.

In other news BJ is ready to roll with his new (pre-loved) back wheel courtesy of Christophe so I'm now in winter / fixed mode - heaven help me  ::-)  Fred is on standby shod with heavy weight wheels and boots should gears or load carrying be required before spring.

And I have entered all the ACME winter series rides.  It would appear summer is well and truly over  :-\
:thumbsup: Yes, it is isn't it. I have a winter or trouble free tubeless riding to enjoy, forever hopeful!

« Reply #11266 on: 26 September, 2017, 07:50:14 pm »
Alas the "real world" is doing a good job of clashing with the winter series.

« Reply #11267 on: 27 September, 2017, 10:38:18 am »
Do we have a proposed route for tonight’s training run to Goldhanger?
Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #11268 on: 27 September, 2017, 12:13:03 pm »
Do we have a proposed route for tonight’s training run to Goldhanger?

Im thinking of the following:

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/25581614
Regards,

Joergen

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #11269 on: 27 September, 2017, 05:02:56 pm »
I`ll make my own way to Goldhanger tonight, will we be at The Cricketers or The Chequers?

« Reply #11270 on: 27 September, 2017, 05:13:12 pm »
Forward planning said the chequers

Sent using Tapatalk

Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

Andy C33

• Beverage Procurement Officer.
« Reply #11271 on: 27 September, 2017, 05:27:59 pm »
Not sure if anyone's going from spa roundabout. Unless someone has a better idea I'll go via TMNH.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #11272 on: 27 September, 2017, 05:28:07 pm »

Sent using Tapatalk

Wot he said... might be a damp return home after...  :thumbsup:
Regards,

Joergen

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #11273 on: 27 September, 2017, 05:52:58 pm »
Not sure if anyone's going from spa roundabout. Unless someone has a better idea I'll go via TMNH.
Just plotted this out for the Witham/Little Baddow peloton - https://ridewithgps.com/routes/25659170
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #11274 on: 27 September, 2017, 06:03:06 pm »

Sent using Tapatalk

Wot he said... might be a damp return home after...  :thumbsup:

Cheers, see you there. :thumbsup: