Author Topic: Today's SPAM  (Read 122618 times)

Re: Today's SPAM
« Reply #150 on: 29 June, 2017, 06:41:00 am »
Urgent Notification (Protect yourself from Fraud)
From:Natwest Bank Plc [accessonline@online.co.uk] [add contact]

Important Notice
Please note that starting from May 10, 2017 we will be introducing new online banking authentication procedures in order to protect the information of our online banking users.
You are required to confirm your personal details with us as you will not be able access our online service until this has been done. As you're already registered for online banking all you need to do is to confirm your online banking details.
Get Started
Once you've completed this process you'll be able to have full access to our online banking service.
Best regards,
Natwest Online Banking Team

Then all I need do is click on a Twitter or Facebook link. 's easy peasy.

Mind you I don't think I need to access their online banking service (whatever it might be) in the foreseeable future.

I got that one this morning.!  I dont think Ill be using their banking facilities either!

Phil W

« Reply #151 on: 29 June, 2017, 02:59:17 pm »
Your order has been successfully canceled. For your reference, here's a summary of your order:

You just canceled order 110-5947-437 <http://rathdrumcancersupport.com/wp-content/themes/moslemizes.php>  placed on June 29, 2017.

1 "Virtue"; 2006, Deluxe Edition
  By: Ricardo White

Sold by: Amazon.com LLC

Thank you for visiting Amazon.com!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Amazon.com
Earth's Biggest Selection
http://www.amazon.com <http://rathdrumcancersupport.com/wp-content/themes/moslemizes.php>

« Reply #152 on: 30 June, 2017, 08:01:54 pm »
no-reply@greenhouses.com via <my webmail ISP>
16:46 (3 hours ago)

to <partial email address>
Hello, Mr <fboab>
Thanks for shopping with us today! The following are the details of your order.
Your order confirmation is below. Thank you again for your business.

Details for order ESRDB-4276 , 6/30/2017 08:45:38

Delivery Address
------------------------------------------------------
Mr <fboab>
<my street my postcode>

Billing Address
------------------------------------------------------
Mr <fboab>
<my street my postcode>

For detailed information, quick order adjustment or cancellation, please use the special link form provided below

https://omolabake.com/customers/package-details-for-customer-ESRDB-4276

DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this communication in error please inform the sender and then delete the e-mail and any attachments. Any opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of either SCJ  (Group) plc or any of its subsidiaries. Neither SCJ (Group) plc nor any of its subsidiaries take any responsibility for the views of the author.
SCJ (Group) plc (Registered No. 37263007) and SCJ Network Services Limited (Registered No. 5223436) both with Registered Office and registered in England and Wales. SCJ Express, SCJ Freight and SCJ Secure are trading divisions of SCJ Network Services Limited. SCJ Network Services Ireland Limited (Registered No. 54066).

This email is sent in accordance with the US CAN-SPAM Law in effect
01/01/2004. Removal requests can be sent to this address and will be honored
and respected.

This spammer knows rather more than I'm happy with.
And no, I haven't been shopping for greenhouses from USAnia.

ian

« Reply #153 on: 07 July, 2017, 02:04:49 pm »
SMS to my landline. My claims form has been received, call this number...

Fuck off.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #154 on: 07 July, 2017, 05:01:54 pm »
Subject:   Your CV is needed urgently

- This mail is in HTML. Some elements may be ommited in plain text. -

Welcome to Turner Construction Company, Due to the ongoing infrastructural development going in Turner Construction Company, We want to use this medium to inform you that vacancies are now in Turner Construction Company, We Require urgently: Drilling Engineer, Forman, Electro Engineers, Radio Officers, Computer Repair Technician, Quantity Surveyor, Chief Engineer, Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists, Civil Engineers, Project Managers, Mechanical Engineer, Heavy equipment operators, Architects, Customer Care Services, Oil and Gas Field Supervisor, Petroleum Engineer, Computer Instructor, General Manager, Head Baker, Italian Chef, Structural Engineers, Construction Managers, Integrity Engineer, Engineering Superintendent, Naturalists, Rotating Equipment Design, Instrumentation Design Engineers, Process Design Engineers, Cosmetologist, Civil Structural Design Engineers, Medical Staff, Air/Sea Reservation Agents, Planning Engineers, Auto Cad Operators / Designers, Environmental Engineer, Estimating Engineer, Head Engineer / Team Leader, Information Technology Staff, Administration Assistants, Customer Service Representatives, Bridge Engineers, Engineer HVAC, Drafting Coordinator, Drafting Technologist, Field Sales Representative, Inside Sales Representative, Carpenter, Steel carpenter, Construction Site Supervisor, Instrument Pipe Fitter, Scaffold-er, Control System Technologist, Electrical Design Engineers, Electrical Supervisor, Booking Agents, Electrical Technician, Systems ManagerAuditor/Financial Manager etc. You will be giving accommodation and the salary is very attractive and negotiable.
However, Job Salary: Depending on your roll of specialization, Salary Ranging from 9,500 United State Dollar. and we shall take care of your Transportation expenses, Accommodation, feeding and a month training on arrival (Probation) to put you through to your new jobs.  You are to reply attaching your complete CV for perusal and subsequent negotiations regarding remuneration. How to Apply for a Job at Turner Construction Company Send your C.V or Resume immediately to Mr Jamie Hudson Head of Recruiting Department via email (
career@turner-constructionservice.com
)
Turner Construction Company
Human Resources Department
For Any Inquiries, Please Contact Us: Tell: +1 (303) 536-8493
Address: 10100 North Central Expressway, Suite 600 Dallas, TX 75231 Unites States
Best Regards

© 2017 Turner Construction Company. All Rights Reserved.

:o
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Phil W

« Reply #155 on: 08 July, 2017, 03:42:14 pm »
This is BT customer services, your router has been broadcasting many postcodes after midnight.
Really, tell me how does it do that?

Most amusing call. They hung up on me.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #156 on: 30 July, 2017, 04:40:15 pm »
Very interesting, dahlink:  I just received an email with an attached PDF purportedly informing me of a text message waiting for attention. I wouldn't have opened it in any case, but all the less so since it was addressed to 99 different recipients, 98 of whom had addresses at wanadoo.fr, the 99th being at orange.fr, the successor to wanadoo.  Looks like someone has been pumping out Orange's client file.  :o
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #157 on: 30 July, 2017, 06:50:10 pm »
Your order has been successfully canceled. For your reference, here's a summary of your order:

You just canceled order 110-5947-437 <http://rathdrumcancersupport.com/wp-content/themes/moslemizes.php>  placed on June 29, 2017.

1 "Virtue"; 2006, Deluxe Edition
  By: Ricardo White

Sold by: Amazon.com LLC

Thank you for visiting Amazon.com!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Amazon.com
Earth's Biggest Selection
http://www.amazon.com <http://rathdrumcancersupport.com/wp-content/themes/moslemizes.php>
I get those, and Facebook; either "Three messages waiting for you", or "Your account has been suspended, click here reactivate it". Oh, and random purchases amounting to $50 ish, and the African benefactors.

ian

« Reply #158 on: 30 July, 2017, 07:03:55 pm »
This one might be legitimate, I apparently have a 9 page fax from eFax (a Liverpool number). It may the late 1980s trying to contact me.

No idea – the email seems unspoofed and the link goes through to a public sharepoint folder (which may or may not be how eFax do things). Anyway, I've not been expecting a fax since the early 1990s, so I'm not about to find out.

I've lost track of the number of emails I get at work telling me to 'click here or my Outlook account will be suspended immediately' (and sundry variants thereof).

« Reply #159 on: 31 July, 2017, 05:47:02 am »
Good News, Kindly Reply Now
RM
Richard & Angela Maxwell <maxwells@donation.com>
Yesterday, 13:15

This message was identified as spam. We'll delete it after 10 days.

My wife and I won the Euro Millions Lottery of £53 Million British Pounds and we have voluntarily decided to donate €1,000,000EUR(One Million Euros) to 5 individuals randomly as part of our own charity project.

To verify our lottery winnings,please see our interview by visiting the web page below:

telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/11511467/Lincolnshire-couple-win-53m-on-EuroMillions.html

Your email address was among the emails which were submitted to us by the Google Inc. as a web user; if you have received our email, kindly send us the below details so that we can transfer your €1,000,000.00 EUR(One Million Euros) to you in your own country.

Full Names:
Mobile No:

Best Regards,
Richard & Angela Maxwell

ian

« Reply #160 on: 02 August, 2017, 12:36:41 pm »
BT phish now. My BT Business bill is £756.74 apparently. Looks pretty authentic. If I had a BT Business account. And if the link to the bill didn't go to another random Sharepoint document.

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #161 on: 30 October, 2017, 04:35:09 pm »
I am honoured!

International Monetary Fund,
700 19th Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20431

Attention Beneficiary,

This is to enlighten you of a very important information which will be of a great help to redeem you from all the difficulties you have been experiencing. We want to notify you that the IMF in conjunction with other relevant agencies in the United STATES of America have recently been informed through our Global intelligence monitoring network that you have an over-due payment in tune of ten million, three hundred thousand US dollars (USD10.3Million) in Federal reserve bank. This was as a result of excess cash disbursement by the United Nations.

This exercise was conducted by a random email selection and you happen to be among the lucky beneficiaries to benefit from the exercise this year. We try as much as possible to keep a low profile on this to avoid any hoax because there are a lot of impostors and impersonators jeopardising the good intent of this winning exercise.

I am Christine Lagarde a highly placed official of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) Washington, D.C. I have been assigned to take responsibility of this year's winning exercise. It may interest you to know that reports have reached our office by so many correspondence on the uneasy way which people like you might be treated by Various Banks and Courier Companies etc, we have decided to hand over the fund to the federal reserve bank to complete the final remittance of your fund into your account.

You are to contact Mr. Jerome H. Powell who happens to be a member of the federal reserve board via the email address below.

E-mail:   jeromepowellFRBNY@aol.com

NB: Please kindly report any suspected scam/fraud email or ongoing transaction to this office immediately for investigation and verification and wait for feedback. God bless you.

Regards,
Christine  Lagarde (Director)
International Monetary Fund
Head Department Washington D.C.© 2017
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #162 on: 30 October, 2017, 06:25:44 pm »
Don't fall for it; it's Paulie Walnuts trying to launder Russian money...
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Steph

« Reply #163 on: 30 October, 2017, 07:12:25 pm »
Not so sure.  Mr Comey e-mailed me a while ago on a similar matter.

« Reply #164 on: 06 November, 2017, 03:27:19 pm »
According to the IMF I am deceased, and if I was still in this world I would be rich. ;D

INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND (IMF)
DEPT: WORLD DEBT RECONCILIATION AGENCIES.
ADVISE: YOUR OUTSTANDING PAYMENT

NOTIFICATION

A power of attorney was forwarded to our office this morning by two
gentle men, one of them is an American national and he is MR. DAVID
DEANE by name while the other person is MR. JACK MORGAN by
name a CANADIAN national.

This gentlemen claimed to be your representative, and this power of attorney stated that you are dead, they brought an account to replace your information in other to claim your fund of $12.5 Million Usd which is now lying DORMANT and UNCLAIMED, below is the new account they have submitted:

BANK.-HSBC CANADA
Vancouver, CANADA
ACCOUNT NO. 2984-0008-66

Be further informed that this power of attorney also stated that you suffered and died of throat cancer. You are therefore given 24hrs to confirm the truth in this information, If you are still alive, You are to contact us back immediately, Because we work 24 hrs just to ensure that we monitor all the activities going on in regards to the transfer of beneficiaries inheritance and contract payment.

You are to reply to this office immediately for clarifications on this matter as we shall be available 24 hrs to attend to you and give you the necessary guidelines on how to ensure that your payment is wired to you immediately.

Just also be informed that any further delay from your side could be dangerous, as we would not be held responsible of wrong payment.

Barrister.Charles Thomas

Finance Department Director
International Monetary Funds Agents

« Reply #165 on: 07 November, 2017, 09:21:41 am »
Very odd.

Not a single spam since 4pm yesterday.

(I run my own email feed so nothing is filtering it before my own stuff kicks in.)
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Steph

« Reply #166 on: 20 November, 2017, 08:33:02 am »
Don't fall for it; it's Paulie Walnuts trying to launder Russian money...

Well... first her friend Mrs Mary Mohammed forwarded the message, and then MT herself sent it: Now, I know she's from forn parts, and that her husband is hardly bigly literate, but I would have expected better. And they are both running a little behind schedule here.

Message       FROM DESK OF MRS.MELANIA TRUMP TO BE POSTED TO YOUR ADDRESS ON MONDAY 3rd Aust 2017 TO YOU AS SOON AS YOU GET BACK TO ME WITH YOUR HOME ADDRESS AND YOUR CELL PHONE NUMBERS. BEAR IN MIND THAT I HAVE TAKING MY TIME TO BE IN CHARGE OF YOUR FUNDS AS INSTRUCTED BY MY HUSBAND TO ENSURE THAT YOU RECEIVED YOUR FUNDS SUCCESSFULLY FROM THE WHITE HOUSE TO REDUCE THE ECONOMY AND I’M THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS YOUR FUNDS IN REGARD TO MY HUSBAND MR.DONALD JOHN TRUMP AND YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY THE SUM OF $180.00 ONLY BEFORE YOUR CHEQUE DRAFT WILL BE DELIVERED TO YOU TOMORROW. THE REASON WHY THE FEE IS REQUIRED IS TO HAVE YOUR FUNDS CLEARANCE PAPER FROM THE ORIGIN OF THE FUNDS TO AVOID ANY HARASSMENT FROM THE AUTHORITY AND YOU ARE ALSO EXPECTED TO BE ANNOUNCED AS WINNER OF THE SAID AMOUNT BY FRIDAY AS SOON AS YOUR FUNDS IS DELIVERED TO YOU. SO YOU ARE URGENT ADVISED TO GET BACK TO ME WITH YOUR HOME ADDRESS AND ALSO THE PAYMENT INFORMATION TODAY FOR IMMEDIATE EFFECT OF YOUR DELIVERY. PLEASE I WILL ADVICE YOU TO URGENT MAKE THE PAYMENT VIA MONEY GRAM MONEY TRANSFER TO THE ABOVE LISTED CASHIER INFORMATION AS GIVEN. I WILL LOOK FORWARD TO RECEIVED YOUR EMAIL TODAY WITH THE PAYMENT TO ENABLE ME GET THE REQUIRED CLEARANCE PAPERS REQUIRED AT WHITE HOUSE TO DELIVER YOUR FUNDS.NOTE THAT THE FEE IS TO BE FORWARDED TO THE FUNDS ORIGIN AS INSTRUCTED AND TRY TO MAKE THE PAYMENT THROUGH MONEY GRAM OR WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER. PLEASE FIND THE PAYMENT DATA BELLOW. ADDRESS #68 IMF STREET COTONOU BENIN REPUBLIC SEND IT VIA MONEY GRAM OR WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER. RECEIVER NAME.VICTOR ALI COUNTRY BENIN CITY COTONOU AMOUNT . $180 MTCN,,,,? SENDER NAME I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR RESPOND TO YOUR EMAIL WITH THE PAYMENT TODAY. CONTACT ME WITHTHIS EMAIL HERE (tmrs.melenia@yahoo.com) CONTACT EMAIL tmrs.melenia@yahoo.com REGARD FIRST_LADY USA GOD BLESS AMERICA White House (Official Residence of the President of the US) 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW Washington DC 20500 USA

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #167 on: 05 December, 2017, 02:27:28 pm »
Received at 13:48 today - 05.12.2017

Dear Jaded,

Thank You for visiting our stores. As a sign of gratitude we are rewarding you by giving this Marks & Spencer Code worth £1000.

Hurry up! Your unique code is valid until: 01.12.2017

Enter the code below to confirm your prize!
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #168 on: 06 December, 2017, 05:00:36 pm »
I've had a spate recently from 'Amazon,' telling me that "Your_Order_no #812-4623_might_ARRIVED."

I have to say I want a bit more certainty than it  "might_ARRIVED" before clicking on the link, though I suppose they should have some credit for honesty and self-awareness.

« Reply #169 on: 22 December, 2017, 06:18:46 am »
An obvious scam text message, which reads:
"Attention!!! Your Mobile No.has been selected as a winner of £2,000,000.00 on EURO-MEGA DRAW No. EU-09112 Email: euroawardsclaim@gmail.com for info"

Not sure how they sent it though because I didn't get the usual envelope icon on the phones screen to indicate a message waiting and I don't have Bluetooth or WiFi on this phone.

« Reply #170 on: 21 January, 2018, 01:11:17 pm »
I've received the usual ones about some deceased person leaving $zillions and needing to clear it through
a 3rd party foreign bank account (mine) and requesting my personal details.

The latest one is a phone scam from 07953 966 066. On both both occasions the automated message said
"If you're really serious about the offer call be back on....."

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #171 on: 21 January, 2018, 02:19:49 pm »
"Attention!!! Your Mobile No.has been selected as a winner of £2,000,000.00 on EURO-MEGA DRAW No. EU-09112 Email: euroawardsclaim@gmail.com for info"

Not sure how they sent it though because I didn't get the usual envelope icon on the phones screen to indicate a message waiting and I don't have Bluetooth or WiFi on this phone.

Generated locally by some evil app?

fuaran

• rothair gasta
« Reply #172 on: 21 January, 2018, 04:23:53 pm »

Maybe a Class 0 SMS (aka flash SMS)? They appear directly on the screen, without having to open it. And the message won't be saved in your inbox.

They were quite popular with spammers a few years ago. I thought most networks or phones would block them nowadays.

« Reply #173 on: 30 January, 2018, 11:38:23 am »
Not seen this one before

My name is Youness, and I'm a Support Ambassador for Microsoft Office 365. Our systems indicate that you have recently used the Setup wizard in the Office 365 admin centre to set up a domain and users.  This is a good start with Office 365 setup, but there are still some important steps left to be completed.  I would like to call you shortly to see if you need any assistance to complete the rest of the setup so that you can start using all of the available services and applications in your subscription. Feel free to let me know the best time to contact you by replying to this email.

The following link may be useful to assist you with setting up your O365 Administration Portal:
 https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/About-the-Office-365-admin-center-758befc4-0888-4009-9f14-0d147402fd23

Thank you,
 Youness Orchi
 Office 365 Support

Clever enough to know I'm not clever enough.

« Reply #174 on: 31 January, 2018, 11:45:24 am »
To accounts@[mydomain]

I need you to process a "Faster Payment" to a new beneficiary, can you handle this right now?
Payee details attached.

Regards
[my name]

Sent from my iPhone.

Attached to that was a pdf that said:-
Lloyds Bank    Plc
Henry Duncan House, 30
George Street,
Edinburgh EH1 4LH
Total due
Payment Details
£9,855.00
Payee Name   Samantha Parkin
Bank Name   Lloyds Bank Plc
Account Number   10261784
Sort Code   30-64-24
Amount  ( GBP )
Sub-total (Exc. VAT)   £9,855.00
Plus VAT (20%)   0,00
To t a l   I n c   VAT   £9,855.00
Balance Due   £9,855.00

(The sort code doesn't seem to go anywhere)
Quote from: Kim
Paging Diver300.  Diver300 to the GSM Trimphone, please...