Author Topic: Camping and caravanning club  (Read 13139 times)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Camping and caravanning club
« Reply #50 on: 22 February, 2017, 12:45:27 pm »
Rumours that the C&CC have re-branded as the Caravan and Motorhome Club have been greatly exaggerated.  It was the People's Front of Judea.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #51 on: 22 February, 2017, 12:52:32 pm »
Figures. I can think of several cyclists with motorhomes but none with caravans.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #52 on: 22 February, 2017, 12:55:24 pm »
The membership fee is worth it in shop discounts alone, IMO.
Which shops? Or is it on the web page?
Have now and again wondered about joining but put off by thinking I wouldn't use my membership enough times in a year to make it worthwhile.

They are listed in the members area only unfortunately and several are to do with caravans, roof boxes, breakdown cover (for caravans) and something called the members car club which claims to offer 35% off your next car (which seems too good to be true but I've not read the details). Of worthwhile note though are the discounts in retail stores such as Cotswold Outdoor (15%), Go Outdoors (10%). There's a discount off online Ordnance survey maps, there's a wine shop offer, all the major ferry companies offer discount (which are better if you actually own a caravan but not to be sniffed at) and a few others but as a regular in my local Cotswold store our membership definitely paid for itself last year*.

*Although as Cotswold is expensive compared to internet shopping it only really brings it to a more bearable level but I like trying things on before I buy - especially as I bought new boots last year.
Duct tape is magic and should be worshipped

« Reply #53 on: 22 February, 2017, 07:02:58 pm »
Sod it; I just spent a hundred quid in Cotswold and then joined the C&C Club then next day :facepalm:

fuaran

• rothair gasta
« Reply #54 on: 22 February, 2017, 07:30:05 pm »
Cotswold give a discount to just about everyone. YHA, SYHA, CTC, National Trust, BMC, Scouts etc.

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #55 on: 22 February, 2017, 07:42:45 pm »
Rumours that the C&CC have re-branded as the Caravan and Motorhome Club have been greatly exaggerated.  It was the People's Front of Judea.

I joined the C&CC and the Caravan Club (aka Caravan & Motorhome Club).  I just received my new stickers (You get lots of stickers when you own a Motorhome, my external visibility is now down to  80% due to various club affiliations)
Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.

« Reply #56 on: 22 February, 2017, 08:40:58 pm »
Cotswold give a discount to just about everyone. YHA, SYHA, CTC, National Trust, BMC, Scouts etc.
They also have a price match policy, which since, as has been stated above, they are quite expensive, this arguably makes the club dscount pretty irrelevant, ie:you could quite easily save more, at least on bigger purchases, by claiming the price match.

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #57 on: 02 March, 2017, 10:51:46 pm »
I was looking at the club magazine in the hospital waiting room yesterday. There wasn't a single picture of Butterfly Anywhere to be seen!
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #58 on: 02 March, 2017, 10:55:56 pm »
I was looking at the club magazine in the hospital waiting room yesterday. There wasn't a single picture of Butterfly Anywhere to be seen!

Wrong publication.  You need the ALC Bulletin.

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #59 on: 02 March, 2017, 10:59:39 pm »
Ah, Don't think the "Consultants" keep that. Dr. Fragidakouplokisa didn't seem the lightweight camping type.
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
    • Ramblings of a silverback cyclist
« Reply #60 on: 27 March, 2017, 02:13:52 pm »
This year we have ALC meets at various C+CC sites around the country, trying to spread out to areas not been to in a while.
The rally rates are great also. This year we are at

April - Hayfield (Peak Dist) Easter £8 per unit per night (PUN)
May - Wolvey (Leics) for the AGM
June - Minehead £8 PUN
July - Watlington £6 Per Person
August - Clitheroe £8 PUN
Sept - Sandringham £8 PUN
Sept/Oct - Sheriff Hutton, York £6 PUN
Oct - Canterbury £6 PUN

Hope to see some more members out this year.
Rich

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #61 on: 27 March, 2017, 04:29:04 pm »
Looking forward to getting to as many of these as possible!
Getting there...

MalRees

• Hayes - centre of no known universe
« Reply #62 on: 14 April, 2017, 07:12:17 pm »
Just got the latest magazine in the post. Looking at some of the dates in the summer. August in Clitheroe favourite at the moment. I won't be racing anyone to the top of Pendle Hill though.........