Author Topic: Kirkpatrick MacMillan Rally  (Read 681 times)

Kirkpatrick MacMillan Rally
« on: 05 February, 2024, 04:43:18 pm »
I saw this posted on another forum and thought it might be of interest here too.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/km-rally-may-2024-a-cycling-event-for-everyone-tickets-768251871027

The KM Rally, which was a biennial weekend of relaxed cycling and (mainly) camping in Dumfries and Galloway run by the local CTC members group. It was struggling to keep going as the old guard began to fall away, and then the pandemic pretty much killed it off in 2020. Anyway, the funds left over in the pot have been given to a local group to revive the rally which will now be in Penpont (very close to Keir Mill where Kirkpatrick Macmillan did or did not invent the pedal cycle). They've secured camping space adjacent to the village itself, got local groups on board and it should be a bit of a return to its roots (after the old campsite got a bit too fancy to offer much in the way of actual camping).

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Re: Kirkpatrick MacMillan Rally
« Reply #1 on: 17 February, 2024, 09:55:10 am »
That sounds rather interesting…
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #2 on: 17 February, 2024, 11:00:32 am »
Roger the Hilldodger once sent me a set of plans for a Macmillan replica. I think he wanted me to build him one, but I never had the time.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #3 on: 17 February, 2024, 03:20:49 pm »
No longer run by D&G CTC. Lost Barnsoul campsite to camping pods and KPT Trust have taken over organisation of the event.