Author Topic: Commuting in daylight  (Read 5677 times)

Julian

• samoture
Commuting in daylight
« on: 31 March, 2008, 05:28:13 pm »
About to get changed to leave work, and it's still daylight  :D :D :D

This makes me really, stupidly happy.

Re: Commuting in daylight
« Reply #1 on: 31 March, 2008, 05:29:27 pm »
Very nice, isn't it? Our time-change happened a few weeks ago, and it's been good to leave in full daylight, especially since I don't have a window at work.
scottclark.photoshelter.com

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #2 on: 31 March, 2008, 05:30:16 pm »
I don't, either - I work in the basement, which is warm and cosy in winter but slightly claustrophobic when you know it's nice outside!

Nick H.

« Reply #3 on: 31 March, 2008, 05:31:10 pm »
Oh, is it a work day?

*Where's the chaise longue smiley when you need it*

« Reply #4 on: 31 March, 2008, 05:35:28 pm »
I don't, either - I work in the basement, which is warm and cosy in winter but slightly claustrophobic when you know it's nice outside!

It's bizarre when the weather changes significantly when you're focused on yacf a project, and then you go to a window later.

These days, people with windows stop by and tell me bizarre untruths about the weather just to mess me up...
scottclark.photoshelter.com

« Reply #5 on: 31 March, 2008, 09:35:51 pm »
Warm enough to be comfortable in shorts today too. Legs have gone pasty white over the winter tho...

Chris N

« Reply #6 on: 31 March, 2008, 09:47:55 pm »
Working half days on Fridays has spoiled me a little (not as much as Nick) - but tomorrow will be my first unlit evening commute this year.  Really looking forward to it.

« Reply #7 on: 31 March, 2008, 09:49:04 pm »
Working half days on Fridays has spoiled me a little (not as much as Nick) - but tomorrow will be my first unlit evening commute this year.  Really looking forward to it.

Hopefully mine too. My last commute was unlit, before BST ended last year.

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #8 on: 31 March, 2008, 10:15:26 pm »
Warm enough to be comfortable in shorts today too. Legs have gone pasty white over the winter tho...

Before I venture out in shorts, I need to do something about the practical joker who took my legs away last November and replaced them with pillars of rice pudding.

The thin, watery, Tesco Value type.  >:(

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #9 on: 31 March, 2008, 10:26:47 pm »

Before I venture out in shorts, I need to do something about the practical joker who took my legs away last November and replaced them with pillars of rice pudding.

The thin, watery, Tesco Value type.  >:(

Thin, watery Tesco Value rice pudding is a wonderful post-Audax drink.

I don't know whether I drank one tin or two after I completed the Great Eastern 1000km.

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #10 on: 31 March, 2008, 10:35:11 pm »
Oh yes, definitely - but not a great look for one's legs.  ;D

« Reply #11 on: 31 March, 2008, 10:41:38 pm »
Funnily enough, today I was thinking it was time to break out the Johnson's Holiday Skin or latest variant thereof, and start assiduous application. For once in my life I want legs where the brown doesn't stop mid-calf.

Chris N

« Reply #12 on: 01 April, 2008, 08:29:09 am »
Not for me.  I got tan lines on Sunday (half way up my calf as I was wearing 3/4s ::-))

« Reply #13 on: 01 April, 2008, 12:48:50 pm »
I still have noticeable tan-lines on my arms from last year (initiated by the FP300 in July), and I'm not fair skinned.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #14 on: 01 April, 2008, 12:58:48 pm »
The tan-lines I got at 14 are still burned in, but by the gods, it's nice to be able to start topping them up again! 8)
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

« Reply #15 on: 01 April, 2008, 01:00:42 pm »
Funnily enough, today I was thinking it was time to break out the Johnson's Holiday Skin or latest variant thereof, and start assiduous application. For once in my life I want legs where the brown doesn't stop mid-calf.

Photos please  :thumbsup:

Video better  :P

« Reply #16 on: 01 April, 2008, 02:18:05 pm »
In response to your very first post - yes - me too !!
Soon I can take off the layers of lycra and just have one - that too makes me feel stupidly happy too  ;D :evil:

« Reply #17 on: 01 April, 2008, 06:15:47 pm »
I took my full-finger gloves off halfway to work this morning!  Track mitts tomorrow.  And jacket strapped to the bike rather than to me. 

Dave

« Reply #18 on: 01 April, 2008, 06:44:52 pm »
Similar story here. On with the summer long finger gloves (still a bit too cold for fingerless).

Broke out the 3/4 shorts for the first time this year though.  :thumbsup:

I have a suspicion that the universe is lulling us into a false sense of security and that a blizzard is just around the corner...

« Reply #19 on: 02 April, 2008, 11:44:07 am »
I have a suspicion that the universe is lulling us into a false sense of security and that a blizzard is just around the corner...
There's snow forecast for Sunday.