Author Topic: [LEL17] The ACME LEL Peloton Thread [All Welcome!]  (Read 31663 times)

Phil W

Re: The ACME LEL Peloton Thread [All Welcome!]
« Reply #75 on: 19 January, 2017, 12:47:21 pm »
I too gathered some practical and helpful information from past LEL riders experiences (much appreciated!), especially remembering to clearly mark my identification to my belongings at the sleep controls. Managed to get team name agreed 'Acme Anvils' sailing under Admiral Ted.

Still undecided upon favourable start time for full value pace. Further discussions required.

You'll get a tag with your rider number for attaching to your bag drop.  Remembering where you put your shoes can be interesting, bright cord to thread through the shoes whilst you sleep can be effective.  Also think about how you're going to remember where your bag drops are. If you're tired you might forget.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #76 on: 20 January, 2017, 03:19:43 pm »
I enjoyed the pubinar as well even though I'm not involved in LEL at all now.  And sadly I probably won't be able to watch your progress on-line either as where we are going en France isn't blessed with good interweb.

« Reply #77 on: 20 January, 2017, 03:26:52 pm »
None of us mentioned "the vote" in our reports.

No doubt Jiber will be along soon to tell us how he is getting on with his project...
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

Oscar's dad

« Reply #78 on: 20 January, 2017, 03:29:24 pm »
Poisoned chalice more like.  You lot bullied him.

« Reply #79 on: 20 January, 2017, 03:46:06 pm »
He loves a project.

I bet he's produced a spreadsheet already.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

mmmmartin

• BPB 1/1: PBP 0/1
    • FNRttC
« Reply #80 on: 20 January, 2017, 04:39:33 pm »
won't be able to watch your progress on-line either as where we are going en France isn't blessed with good interweb.
If only you had friends who could send you a text using a Modern Mobile Telephony Equipment. Perhaps someone who was riding the actual event, perhaps?

Or even me.

That week, after helping at the start, I'll be relaxed after a decent lunch, sitting in a warm, comfy air-conditioned office in London, wishing with every fibre of my being that I was exhausted, barely able to stand up or pedal, drenched and freezing cold in a Scottish rainstorm miles from any shelter, high up in some god-forsaken hills somewhere ghastly.

Funny old thing, life.
Besides, it wouldn't be audacious if success were guaranteed.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #81 on: 30 March, 2017, 09:23:28 am »
So start times and rider numbers are out in the wild... ACME roll call?

16:00 MM5 (shame it wasn't JJ5 LOL)  :thumbsup:
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #82 on: 30 March, 2017, 09:26:06 am »
MM3, 16:00 start time.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

« Reply #83 on: 30 March, 2017, 09:56:42 am »
16:00 MM6

« Reply #84 on: 30 March, 2017, 02:06:33 pm »
14:00 EE12  :)
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #85 on: 31 March, 2017, 09:16:16 pm »
14:00 EE10

« Reply #86 on: 04 April, 2017, 01:00:01 pm »
After a thoroughly fun shark ride with some of y'all, I thought I'd drop in here.

I have LEL start time 13:15 (and rider code BB2) so ACME 14:00 starters are likely to catch me fairly quickly I expect.

« Reply #87 on: 19 April, 2017, 09:40:33 pm »
12:15 X37

« Reply #88 on: 27 April, 2017, 01:53:53 pm »
14.00 start, rider EE45

Very interested in joining an ACME peloton. Will be riding fixed at 70" for the flat bits, might switch to 66" for the hills.

Nim

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #89 on: 05 May, 2017, 09:10:33 am »
16:00, MM8

Gears, 21, count 'em! [Must hang up the fixie in a bit to get used to this new-fangled innovation].

« Reply #90 on: 06 May, 2017, 12:17:04 am »
W20 12:00

I've worked out three schedules - slow, medium and fast. None of which involve me actually riding any faster, just sleeping less. I'll stick to none of them.

« Reply #91 on: 14 June, 2017, 09:33:21 am »
16:00 - Lantern Rouge ambitions, starting where I mean to finish.

Nice to have some ACME folk around, will make a difference to see some known faces on the way. I give all ACME riders permission to slap me around the face with a wet haddock and tell me to snap out of it, or get on with it, or say 'just do one more control'.

« Reply #92 on: 14 June, 2017, 10:16:15 am »
I give all ACME riders permission to slap me around the face with a wet haddock and tell me to snap out of it, or get on with it, or say 'just do one more control'.

Looks like we have permission to take a wet haddock to the start and have some fun before the off  ;D

« Reply #93 on: 14 June, 2017, 10:57:13 am »
If you bring a wet haddock, I will bring the face to be slapped with it, no worries.

« Reply #94 on: 14 June, 2017, 10:59:28 am »
I might pop one in my Dropbag just in case  ;D

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #95 on: 17 June, 2017, 12:52:32 pm »
I enjoyed the pubinar as well even though I'm not involved in LEL at all now.  And sadly I probably won't be able to watch your progress on-line either as where we are going en France isn't blessed with good interweb.

We should have a post-LEL ACME get together to swap stories - how does the Sat 12th/Sun 13th August sound? BBQ at ours? Later dates in Aug would be ok too...

Oscar's dad

« Reply #96 on: 17 June, 2017, 01:17:58 pm »

We should have a post-LEL ACME get together to swap stories - how does the Sat 12th/Sun 13th August sound? BBQ at ours? Later dates in Aug would be ok too...

We're busy 12/13 but don't let this knacker the plan.

« Reply #97 on: 17 June, 2017, 05:30:52 pm »
We're away for 2 weeks post LEL too, but equally don't let that kibosh the BBQ idea.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #98 on: 17 June, 2017, 08:44:32 pm »
If I'm still alive to tell the tale then sounds like a good idea!
Regards,

Joergen

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #99 on: 13 July, 2017, 09:44:28 pm »

Well, 12th is how it has panned out for a post-LEL party...See new thread in Rides and Touring: https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=104005.0