Author Topic: Anyone want a lift to Italy and back late April to early May?  (Read 1092 times)

handcyclist

• watch for my signal
I plan to travel out on the 26th April, returning 10th May.

I'm heading for Tuscany, then going to Milan on the 5th for work.

Transport in my reliable and fully insured VW Transporter - T4, comfortable seats and air con. Room for you, your bike and luggage.

Probably a two day drive down/one day back. Split the driving (you have to be >25 or provide your own insurance) and Eurotunnel/fuel/tolls cost. Maybe £125 plus accommodation (if necessary) and food, less if you only want part way.

I could shift the dates by a day or two (except the Tuscany/Milan leg, if you wanted that) and the route is a moveable feast - if you wanted to go to France/Switzerland/Germany etc., that would be fine.
Doubt is is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

handcyclist

• watch for my signal
Re: Anyone want a lift to Italy and back late April to early May?
« Reply #1 on: 22 March, 2010, 10:56:11 pm »
Ok, I'll probably go anyway, so how about me 2/3, you 1/3 split costs apart from any food or overnight stops, where you pay your own?

handcyclist

• watch for my signal
« Reply #2 on: 27 March, 2010, 10:07:36 pm »
No takers, so idea abandoned  :(.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #3 on: 28 March, 2010, 04:05:21 am »
I was tempted as we'd get to Tuscany on my birthday but I donnae drive and I'll pros still have limited movement :(
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

handcyclist

• watch for my signal
« Reply #4 on: 28 March, 2010, 12:43:58 pm »
We could have swapped crutch stories all the way down ...... actually I rather underestimated the costs, it was going to be about £600 :o in fuel, tunnel and toll charges - the van just pips the 2m high class, putting up autoroute/via charges by 50%.